PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to understand AVP's thinking...

Historian
12-14-2009, 06:13 AM
We're running the ball with gusto. Jackson and Lynch are both moving the ball right down the field.

The counter tray results in a hole that Lynch could have driven his SUV through, without hitting anybody.

They march right down to the KC red zone and....

Call a pass that noodle arm throws into triple coverage for a INT in the end zone.

I guess I just don't understand the thinking.

YardRat
12-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Sometimes you fool yourself instead of the other team. If they would have kept pounding until they hit paydirt, it could've been a real statement-maker.

Forward_Lateral
12-14-2009, 06:32 AM
That was the worst throw that could've possibly been made in that situation. :ill: I think I could play QB better than anyone on the current roster.

mybills
12-14-2009, 06:46 AM
..and if it wasn't picked off, he would have looked very good. (AVP I mean)

SABURZFAN
12-14-2009, 07:45 AM
i thought the OL was doing well and i didn't understand why they call for a pass. if the OL was struggling against the run, i could have easily understood why they would have called for a pass.

DraftBoy
12-14-2009, 07:49 AM
We're running the ball with gusto. Jackson and Lynch are both moving the ball right down the field.

The counter tray results in a hole that Lynch could have driven his SUV through, without hitting anybody.

They march right down to the KC red zone and....

Call a pass that noodle arm throws into triple coverage for a INT in the end zone.

I guess I just don't understand the thinking.

I didnt see the game, so I can't comment on the play specifically, but I did see the Dallas-SD game. Jason Garrett had a drive where the Cowboys were killing San Diego on the ground. He called one total pass the entire drive (it was incomplete). However when Dallas got inside the 5, they were shut down and held out of the endzone on 3 consecutive plays turning the ball over. Why? San Diego knew what was coming, they loaded the box, stepped up and stuffed Barber three times. If you come perdictable as an offense, you lessen your chances of gaining yards.

That's not defending AVP (who I think is a horrible OC and play caller), but just providing the alternative view point.

billistic
12-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Maybe it worked in practice...

THATHURMANATOR
12-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Well he was setting up a play action, which was executed pefectly until the part when the QB actually had to pass. If he threw to the corner of the End zone it was an easy TD.

trapezeus
12-14-2009, 09:27 AM
especially for a team that struggles with consistency, the bills should be going into the beginning of madden mode. Learn a few plays, execute them well and do it until you get stopped.

I agree, there is no rule that you have to throw in a series if you are consistently pickking up 3-4 yards a carry.

madness
12-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Well he was setting up a play action, which was executed pefectly until the part when the QB actually had to pass. If he threw to the corner of the End zone it was an easy TD.

I agree, the only problem I have with that play was the terrible throw by Fitz.

Ebenezer
12-14-2009, 10:10 AM

that was one point where analyst Steve Beurelein actually got it correct.

HAMMER
12-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Fitz held the ball on his hip for a second too long, Evans was wide open at one point.

Ingtar33
12-14-2009, 04:03 PM
that wasn't AVP's fault, that was all on Fitz. only an idiot throws that pass. a smart QB would have checked down or thrown the ball away.

I suppose it's AVPs fault in the sence he put the ball in Fitz's hands even once in the red zone... but if you can't trust your QB to do even that much then as an OC you're screwed.

Ebenezer
12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
that wasn't AVP's fault, that was all on Fitz. only an idiot throws that pass. a smart QB would have checked down or thrown the ball away.

I suppose it's AVPs fault in the sence he put the ball in Fitz's hands even once in the red zone... but if you can't trust your QB to do even that much then as an OC you're screwed.
actually, if you look at the whole field there is no check down on that play.