• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

A few comments on yesterday's game....

-Poz had probably his best game as a Bill.

-The entire DL got good pressure on the QB all day, except Maybin.

-Maybin got beat around the end at least twice, and other than one strong tackle, remains completely useless.

-Whitner took a terrible angle on Charles' long run and was generally invisible.

-Florence played well and was fired up. It was good to see someone on this team showing some heart and energy.

-Good defensive coaching on defending those screen plays. The Bills were all over it all day.

-Great hits by Ashlee Palmer on S/T. In general, S/T was good, and they finally went a whole game without a penalty.

-Fitzpatrick is ****ing brutal. He feels pressure better than Edwards, but that's about it. His passes are late, his accuracy is mediocre- he's just another lackluster QB in a long line of lackluster QBs.

-Josh Reed had a terrible game. He bumped TO off his route and almost cost the Bills a touchdown, and he dropped a very catchable ball.

-Lynch had a great run but he's still moving laterally too much in search of the big play. Sometimes he needs to just put his head down and get the 2-3 yards rather than looking for the home run. Also, he looked slow in the open field.

-The OL is just terrible. Scott got owned and I saw Levitre, Hangartner and Simmons all losing battles at the LOS.

-It's good to see that Fewell is just as effective at wasting timeouts as Jauron was. As HC, I don't think he's as bad as Jauron, but he also hasn't done anything to impress me enough to want him back next year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: A few comments on yesterday's game....

I have two slight disagreements.

Florence struggled.

The OL is so physically devastated that it is starting to show. It might be a cattle rush before long with Fitz running for his life.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

The "drop" by Reed was not s drop... I'm not sure he even got his hands on it in spite of what it may have looked like at game speed... It was a bad throw.

Lynch needs to lose 15 pounds.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Scott and Chambers should be cut loose as soon as this season ends.
        Josh Reed isn't getting re-signed either.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
          Scott and Chambers should be cut loose as soon as this season ends.
          Josh Reed isn't getting re-signed either.
          Reed may be re-signed just out of lack of other options. Owens won't be back, and both Hardy and Johnson are still really raw.

As far as Scott and Chambers, I agree with one slight caveat- they shouldn't be simply cut, they should be replaced/upgraded. My fear is that the team will cut them and simply replace them with backups/practice squad guys/UDFA's/other team's cuts who are just as bad, or worse. It's happened before.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Reed may be re-signed just out of lack of other options. Owens won't be back, and both Hardy and Johnson are still really raw.

As far as Scott and Chambers, I agree with one slight caveat- they shouldn't be simply cut, they should be replaced/upgraded. My fear is that the team will cut them and simply replace them with backups/practice squad guys/UDFA's/other team's cuts who are just as bad, or worse. It's happened before.
            Got to start thinking that Hardy is a real bust. He can't even get on the game day roster after two years?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by draz54
              The "drop" by Reed was not s drop... I'm not sure he even got his hands on it in spite of what it may have looked like at game speed... It was a bad throw.

Lynch needs to lose 15 pounds.

if we're talking the pass near the goal line then that was a craptastic pass by Fitz. Reed had stopped his route in front of the DB and Fitz's throw was way off.

Lynch does need ot get back to his old weight

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                Got to start thinking that Hardy is a real bust. He can't even get on the game day roster after two years?
                He was a rookie last year and tore up his knee. He hasn't gotten on the field all season because he was still recovering. So to say he can't get on the field after two years is not true at all.

I think he should have stayed on IR all season. Now he is just a waste of a roster spot being inactive.
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

[quote=OpIv37]Reed may be re-signed just out of lack of other options. Owens won't be back, and both Hardy and Johnson are still really raw.

As far as Scott and Chambers, I agree with one slight caveat- they shouldn't be simply cut, they should be replaced/upgraded. My fear is that the team will cut them and simply replace them with backups/practice squad guys/UDFA's/other team's cuts who are just as bad, or worse. It's happened before.[/quote

You could put anyone in there and it would be an upgrade. Butler, Bell, Merideth will be in camp plus whomever they draft.

Those two are the backups that you are talking about.

As for Reed, he's done nothing since he's been here. Why Johnson and Hardy are not playing out the string this year is beyond me. Fitz too. I guess it will take Ralph giving Fewell the phone call.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

yeah- he has the same build as TO so I was hoping he could learn how to use his size as an asset and really develop from being on the same team as TO, but it looks like that never happened. Not a good sign.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

I have two slight disagreements.

Florence struggled.

The OL is so physically devastated that it is starting to show. It might be a cattle rush before long with Fitz running for his life.
                      Florence struggled against who exactly? Their passing game was shut down.

I would like to add that Reggie Corner was amazing yesterday. He was all over the place.
                      Last edited by Mahdi; 12-14-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

yeah I forgot to throw Corner in there as well. He looked bad the last few games, but came to play yesterday.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

McGee looked very, very rusty.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by draz54
                            McGee looked very, very rusty.
                            yeah, I don't know why Chris Chambers always makes him look bad. McGee made one good tackle and I think he had one pass defense- the rest of the day, he was reading the names on the backs of jerseys.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              yeah, I don't know why Chris Chambers always makes him look bad. McGee made one good tackle and I think he had one pass defense- the rest of the day, he was reading the names on the backs of jerseys.
                              Its fine, first game back in 4 weeks and he might not even be 100%.

We might have to start thinking trade with some of our DBs.

We have McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner and Lankster who looked good in TC. One of these guys can be used as trade bait for something we need.

Comment

Working...
                              X