PDA

View Full Version : A few comments on yesterday's game....

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
-Poz had probably his best game as a Bill.

-The entire DL got good pressure on the QB all day, except Maybin.

-Maybin got beat around the end at least twice, and other than one strong tackle, remains completely useless.

-Whitner took a terrible angle on Charles' long run and was generally invisible.

-Florence played well and was fired up. It was good to see someone on this team showing some heart and energy.

-Good defensive coaching on defending those screen plays. The Bills were all over it all day.

-Great hits by Ashlee Palmer on S/T. In general, S/T was good, and they finally went a whole game without a penalty.

-Fitzpatrick is ****ing brutal. He feels pressure better than Edwards, but that's about it. His passes are late, his accuracy is mediocre- he's just another lackluster QB in a long line of lackluster QBs.

-Josh Reed had a terrible game. He bumped TO off his route and almost cost the Bills a touchdown, and he dropped a very catchable ball.

-Lynch had a great run but he's still moving laterally too much in search of the big play. Sometimes he needs to just put his head down and get the 2-3 yards rather than looking for the home run. Also, he looked slow in the open field.

-The OL is just terrible. Scott got owned and I saw Levitre, Hangartner and Simmons all losing battles at the LOS.

-It's good to see that Fewell is just as effective at wasting timeouts as Jauron was. As HC, I don't think he's as bad as Jauron, but he also hasn't done anything to impress me enough to want him back next year.

Ebenezer
12-14-2009, 07:58 AM
I have two slight disagreements.

Florence struggled.

The OL is so physically devastated that it is starting to show. It might be a cattle rush before long with Fitz running for his life.

Yasgur's Farm
12-14-2009, 08:10 AM
The "drop" by Reed was not s drop... I'm not sure he even got his hands on it in spite of what it may have looked like at game speed... It was a bad throw.

Lynch needs to lose 15 pounds.

k-oneputt
12-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Scott and Chambers should be cut loose as soon as this season ends.
Josh Reed isn't getting re-signed either.

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Scott and Chambers should be cut loose as soon as this season ends.
Josh Reed isn't getting re-signed either.

Reed may be re-signed just out of lack of other options. Owens won't be back, and both Hardy and Johnson are still really raw.

As far as Scott and Chambers, I agree with one slight caveat- they shouldn't be simply cut, they should be replaced/upgraded. My fear is that the team will cut them and simply replace them with backups/practice squad guys/UDFA's/other team's cuts who are just as bad, or worse. It's happened before.

Ebenezer
12-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Reed may be re-signed just out of lack of other options. Owens won't be back, and both Hardy and Johnson are still really raw.

As far as Scott and Chambers, I agree with one slight caveat- they shouldn't be simply cut, they should be replaced/upgraded. My fear is that the team will cut them and simply replace them with backups/practice squad guys/UDFA's/other team's cuts who are just as bad, or worse. It's happened before.
Got to start thinking that Hardy is a real bust. He can't even get on the game day roster after two years?

ddaryl
12-14-2009, 08:18 AM
The "drop" by Reed was not s drop... I'm not sure he even got his hands on it in spite of what it may have looked like at game speed... It was a bad throw.

Lynch needs to lose 15 pounds.

if we're talking the pass near the goal line then that was a craptastic pass by Fitz. Reed had stopped his route in front of the DB and Fitz's throw was way off.

Lynch does need ot get back to his old weight

hydro
12-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Got to start thinking that Hardy is a real bust. He can't even get on the game day roster after two years?

He was a rookie last year and tore up his knee. He hasn't gotten on the field all season because he was still recovering. So to say he can't get on the field after two years is not true at all.

I think he should have stayed on IR all season. Now he is just a waste of a roster spot being inactive.

k-oneputt
12-14-2009, 08:28 AM
[quote=OpIv37]Reed may be re-signed just out of lack of other options. Owens won't be back, and both Hardy and Johnson are still really raw.

As far as Scott and Chambers, I agree with one slight caveat- they shouldn't be simply cut, they should be replaced/upgraded. My fear is that the team will cut them and simply replace them with backups/practice squad guys/UDFA's/other team's cuts who are just as bad, or worse. It's happened before.[/quote

You could put anyone in there and it would be an upgrade. Butler, Bell, Merideth will be in camp plus whomever they draft.

Those two are the backups that you are talking about.

As for Reed, he's done nothing since he's been here. Why Johnson and Hardy are not playing out the string this year is beyond me. Fitz too. I guess it will take Ralph giving Fewell the phone call.

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 08:28 AM

yeah- he has the same build as TO so I was hoping he could learn how to use his size as an asset and really develop from being on the same team as TO, but it looks like that never happened. Not a good sign.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 08:31 AM

Florence struggled.

The OL is so physically devastated that it is starting to show. It might be a cattle rush before long with Fitz running for his life.
Florence struggled against who exactly? Their passing game was shut down.

I would like to add that Reggie Corner was amazing yesterday. He was all over the place.

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 08:31 AM
yeah I forgot to throw Corner in there as well. He looked bad the last few games, but came to play yesterday.

Yasgur's Farm
12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
McGee looked very, very rusty.

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 08:43 AM
McGee looked very, very rusty.

yeah, I don't know why Chris Chambers always makes him look bad. McGee made one good tackle and I think he had one pass defense- the rest of the day, he was reading the names on the backs of jerseys.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
yeah, I don't know why Chris Chambers always makes him look bad. McGee made one good tackle and I think he had one pass defense- the rest of the day, he was reading the names on the backs of jerseys.
Its fine, first game back in 4 weeks and he might not even be 100%.

We might have to start thinking trade with some of our DBs.

We have McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner and Lankster who looked good in TC. One of these guys can be used as trade bait for something we need.

THATHURMANATOR
12-14-2009, 08:50 AM
He was a rookie last year and tore up his knee. He hasn't gotten on the field all season because he was still recovering. So to say he can't get on the field after two years is not true at all.

I think he should have stayed on IR all season. Now he is just a waste of a roster spot being inactive.
Seriously because if I remember correctly he was certainly on the field last year after 1 game, and caught the game winning TD in the second... How can that not be remembered. He isn't sitting out this year because of poor play. He tore his knee badly in the last game of the season which of course is still not even a full year ago.

Yasgur's Farm
12-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Its fine, first game back in 4 weeks and he might not even be 100%.

We might have to start thinking trade with some of our DBs.

We have McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner and Lankster who looked good in TC. One of these guys can be used as trade bait for something we need.I agree concerning McGee... It was probably more-or-less that he was a split second off on his reactions. That's huge at the pro level.

As for our CB's... McGee (starter), McKelvin (starter), Florence (nickle), Corner (dime), Lankster (reserve) is exactly what we need to start the season. We shouldn't trade any, IMO, unless we have one of those BPA picks in the draft that can't be denied.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I agree concerning McGee... It was probably more-or-less that he was a split second off on his reactions. That's huge at the pro level.

As for our CB's... McGee (starter), McKelvin (starter), Florence (nickle), Corner (dime), Lankster (reserve) is exactly what we need to start the season. We shouldn't trade any, IMO, unless we have one of those BPA picks in the draft that can't be denied.
I suppose its great to have the depth.

Either way it works out. If we only had a pass rush our defense would be insanely good.

We lead the league in INTs with 25 without a pass rush. What a shame. Best secondary in the league playing behind the worst pass rush in the league.

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Seriously because if I remember correctly he was certainly on the field last year after 1 game, and caught the game winning TD in the second... How can that not be remembered. He isn't sitting out this year because of poor play. He tore his knee badly in the last game of the season which of course is still not even a full year ago.

if you remember the TD he made, you should remember the 3 or 4 more that were thrown his way- you know, the ones he didn't catch because he turned the wrong way, tripped over his own feet, and didn't use his size to shield the defender from the ball.

trapezeus
12-14-2009, 09:24 AM

if this was the case, why did they take him off the pup list? waste of a roster space.

i question his heart and desire to be a big time NFL WR. until he gets out there and makes some plays, he's a bust.

At this point of drafting over 10 years, you are best to look at bills players as busts, until they prove otherwise.

My note from the game is that i would rather watch a high scoring affair than watch a game like that again.

The bills consistently get breaks in the first half where they could put the hammer down and end games early but sit there wasting good field position with fieldgoals and then are left with a mad hurry in the end of hold on to the lead. This is why they lose. They don't capitalize when they have golden opportunities to do so.

Poz may have played his best game, but he's still not cutting it as an elite LB...he needes help. in some ways they almost need a better LB more so than DE help for next year.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 09:33 AM
if this was the case, why did they take him off the pup list? waste of a roster space.

i question his heart and desire to be a big time NFL WR. until he gets out there and makes some plays, he's a bust.

At this point of drafting over 10 years, you are best to look at bills players as busts, until they prove otherwise.

My note from the game is that i would rather watch a high scoring affair than watch a game like that again.

The bills consistently get breaks in the first half where they could put the hammer down and end games early but sit there wasting good field position with fieldgoals and then are left with a mad hurry in the end of hold on to the lead. This is why they lose. They don't capitalize when they have golden opportunities to do so.

Poz may have played his best game, but he's still not cutting it as an elite LB...he needes help. in some ways they almost need a better LB more so than DE help for next year.
Our LBs would be better if we had a better DL. But a bad DL can make a good LB look bad.

DL is definitely the priority, inside and outside.

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2009, 09:40 AM

Florence struggled.

i dont think Florence struggled, he was only beat once that I can remember.

I agree with Op though, he was fired up and was getting in people's faces when they made mistakes, which I liked. I want a vocal leader and Florence has been around a while and has generally been a solid player for us.

chernobylwraiths
12-14-2009, 09:49 AM
How is it that almost all of us think our FO and coaching make terrible decisions, but when it comes to players that aren't playing, we take the coaches word for it that they are just not good enough? I know Johnson looked really good in games last year, but this year he doesn't get a sniff of the field? Hardy gets taken off the PUP list, I assume because he is healthy and ready to play, and yet we don't suit him up to play? We really seem to have some clowns making decisions.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 10:39 AM
How is it that almost all of us think our FO and coaching make terrible decisions, but when it comes to players that aren't playing, we take the coaches word for it that they are just not good enough. I know Johnson looked really good in games last year, but this year he doesn't get a sniff of the field? Hardy gets taken off the PUP list, I assume because he is healthy and ready to play, and yet we don't suit him up to play? We really seem to have some clowns making decisions.
Reed and Parrish are too valuable too bench.

Parrish is our punt catcher and Reed is a great run blocker.

HHURRICANE
12-14-2009, 11:06 AM
-Poz had probably his best game as a Bill.

-The entire DL got good pressure on the QB all day, except Maybin.

-Maybin got beat around the end at least twice, and other than one strong tackle, remains completely useless.

-Whitner took a terrible angle on Charles' long run and was generally invisible.

-Florence played well and was fired up. It was good to see someone on this team showing some heart and energy.

-Good defensive coaching on defending those screen plays. The Bills were all over it all day.

-Great hits by Ashlee Palmer on S/T. In general, S/T was good, and they finally went a whole game without a penalty.

-Fitzpatrick is ****ing brutal. He feels pressure better than Edwards, but that's about it. His passes are late, his accuracy is mediocre- he's just another lackluster QB in a long line of lackluster QBs.

-Josh Reed had a terrible game. He bumped TO off his route and almost cost the Bills a touchdown, and he dropped a very catchable ball.

-Lynch had a great run but he's still moving laterally too much in search of the big play. Sometimes he needs to just put his head down and get the 2-3 yards rather than looking for the home run. Also, he looked slow in the open field.

-The OL is just terrible. Scott got owned and I saw Levitre, Hangartner and Simmons all losing battles at the LOS.

-It's good to see that Fewell is just as effective at wasting timeouts as Jauron was. As HC, I don't think he's as bad as Jauron, but he also hasn't done anything to impress me enough to want him back next year.

We beat one of the worst teams in the league by 6 points and let them hang around til the very end.

I saw nothing good in this game. I also think Poz looked mediocre against a very bad team.

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
We beat one of the worst teams in the league by 6 points and let them hang around til the very end.

I saw nothing good in this game. I also think Poz looked mediocre against a very bad team.

And thats why no one cares what you say on this board!

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 11:25 AM

The D held them to 10 points and 7 of them were due to a single meltdown. I know the Chiefs are a bad team, but that's what you're supposed to do to bad teams.

S/T was good on coverage and ok on returns.

I didn't see anything good from the offense.

chernobylwraiths
12-14-2009, 11:28 AM
The D held them to 10 points and 7 of them were due to a single meltdown. I know the Chiefs are a bad team, but that's what you're supposed to do to bad teams.

S/T was good on coverage and ok on returns.

I didn't see anything good from the offense.

I didn't see a whole lot of the game, but early in the second half, they looked like they were running it pretty good.

trapezeus
12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
it was also interesting to see that combined with being our best option at QB right now, and one of our more consistent running players, fitz is also one of our best blockers when he sprung marshawn for his early run.