• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Buffalo Bills’ All-Decay Team

Written by BZ'er Keith Kraska

Last week Buffalo Sports Daily was graced by the Buffalo Bills’ All-Decade Team.

But it’s been such a decade of shame that their story may be better told by their screw-ups. So to follow up the All-Decade Team, here is the Bills’ All-Decay Team.

Every franchise has its busts, but few can put together a complete lineup of failures who came with so much promise. These aren’t just any scrubs; they’re guys who, based on what was invested in them, were counted on to make the team respectable at least. The All-Decay Team includes five first-round draft picks, four second-rounders and four third-rounders — not including picks used to trade up for a couple of them. Add in the free agents, and there’s enough money down the drain to feed some countries for a year.

You’ve seen the good, but there’s much more bad and ugly:
    FULL STORY AND LIST

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills’ All-Decay Team

Wow! Going thru that list of players to make the All-Decay team had to be pretty painful. We have signed and drafted a lot of bums this decade!

Comment

• streetkings01
      • Jul 2006

Marv Levy is responsible for signing, drafting and keeping 12 players on that list!

Losman - rumors about him being on the trade block were shot down by Levy. He also passed on Cutler in favor of keeping Losman even though he viewed Cutler as a franchise QB!

Price - brought this bum back even though it was know that he was washed up with a eye problem.

Parrish - signing this bum to a contract extension and now making it difficult for us to move him because of his price tag!

Royal - signing this bum to a contract when it was known around the league that he had rocks for hands and was nothing more than a blocker!

Walker - big, slow and a former Raider.....need I say more?

Dockery - huge blunder......this signing was bashed around the NFL for signing this average player to a elite player contract!

Fowler - a small career backup center that we once again hoped to catch lighting in a bottle, but failed miserably!

Denney - Why we resigned him instead of letting him walk when we already had his twin brother Kelsay on the roster still puzzles me!

McCargo - who had McCargo on their radar during the 06 draft? He has proven that it was Mario Williams and Manny Lawson that made McCargo look better than he was.

Youboty - We were all told we got a 1st rd talent in the 3rd round.......more like we reached for a 5th rd talent in the 3rd rd!

Coy Wire - why we resigned a guy too small to play LB and too slow to play SS confused the heck out of me!

Dick Jauron - Levy's home boy from Chicago set this organization back another 2-3 years with his bumbling w/ personnel and game management!

All these guys are connected w/ Marv Levy.......Marv set us back 6-7 years as soon as he was announced as our new GM or whatever title he held!
      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
        Marv Levy is responsible for signing, drafting and keeping 12 players on that list!

Losman - rumors about him being on the trade block were shot down by Levy. He also passed on Cutler in favor of keeping Losman even though he viewed Cutler as a franchise QB!

Price - brought this bum back even though it was know that he was washed up with a eye problem.

Parrish - signing this bum to a contract extension and now making it difficult for us to move him because of his price tag!

Royal - signing this bum to a contract when it was known around the league that he had rocks for hands and was nothing more than a blocker!

Walker - big, slow and a former Raider.....need I say more?

Dockery - huge blunder......this signing was bashed around the NFL for signing this average player to a elite player contract!

Fowler - a small career backup center that we once again hoped to catch lighting in a bottle, but failed miserably!

Denney - Why we resigned him instead of letting him walk when we already had his twin brother Kelsay on the roster still puzzles me!

McCargo - who had McCargo on their radar during the 06 draft? He has proven that it was Mario Williams and Manny Lawson that made McCargo look better than he was.

Youboty - We were all told we got a 1st rd talent in the 3rd round.......more like we reached for a 5th rd talent in the 3rd rd!

Coy Wire - why we resigned a guy too small to play LB and too slow to play SS confused the heck out of me!

Dick Jauron - Levy's home boy from Chicago set this organization back another 2-3 years with his bumbling w/ personnel and game management!

All these guys are connected w/ Marv Levy.......Marv set us back 6-7 years as soon as he was announced as our new GM or whatever title he held!
        Good points, except for Losman.. That is a T.D. move through and through, in fact Levy recognized he was a bum and got Edwards in here (equally stupid)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Coy Wire is actually a solid player in Atlanta now.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

my guess is that if we draft anyone in the third round and their mom dies, they guy isn't going to amount to much. i realize that i may not have enough data to extrapolate to just thesis's. But Youboty was a bust out the gate. He missed that entire season..and now same thing is happening to Ellis.

1st rounders we just straight up miss on. the best we've gotten out of the first round are mediocre players in marshawn, evans and clements in the last 10 years. That's pathetic.

2 round we've picked progressively worse WR. Reed who had catching issues early in his career but was a decent blocker, then to parrish who at least temporarily was good but only useful for punts to Hardy who is going to the marshawn school of trouble to have two minor infractions with the law to be a distraction from getting better.

3rd round - no one has panned out in the third round. Youboty, Tim anderson, Ellis,

4th round - 6th round - we've found some mediocre talent that has become servicable

7th round - we've had more guys not make the team the following year.

out of 7 rounds, you can't only get 2-3 rounds worth of productive players each year. if you look at the 1990's teams, everyone was a contributor. they might not have been allstars, but they saw the field and played.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Good points, except for Losman.. That is a T.D. move through and through, in fact Levy recognized he was a bum and got Edwards in here (equally stupid)
              Don't forget Edwards was recommended to Levy by Bill Walsh. Man, was that Bill Walsh guy stupid, or what?

Comment

• billistic
                Veteran Zoner
                • Nov 2009

I'm pretty sure that patmoran2006 is a shill for some pharmaceutical company dealing anti-depressant meds.

Comment

• billistic
                  Veteran Zoner
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by andyxc71
                  Don't forget Edwards was recommended to Levy by Bill Walsh. Man, was that Bill Walsh guy stupid, or what?
                  Talk is cheap. The proof is in this chat room. The Bills organization signed the check. Who's stupid?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by billistic
                    Talk is cheap. The proof is in this chat room. The Bills organization signed the check. Who's stupid?
                    My suggestion was that no one was stupid. He was a decent QB prospect and isn't panning out. Hind sight.......

Comment

• billistic
                      Veteran Zoner
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by andyxc71
                      My suggestion was that no one was stupid. He was a decent QB prospect and isn't panning out. Hind sight.......
                      At the time, the Bills spin was that Ben, Rivers and Eli were pretty good, but Losman was a real deal, a terrific value. He played on a nowhere team, but what of that? Let's dream big. Remember?

Another Bills strategic breakthrough...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius
                        Coy Wire is actually a solid player in Atlanta now.
                        Not really...he's pretty mediocre, but at least he's still in the NFL!

Comment

• IAG
                          • Jan 2005

Mike Williams?

Comment

Working...
                          X