PDA

View Full Version : Haley: Does anyone else think this guy is a terrible coach?

cpearl
12-14-2009, 10:26 AM
To be honest, I've haven't watched many of KC's games this year. So yesterday's game was my first exposure.

First, I think Cassel is horrible. He underthrows or overthrows too many balls (even though his receivers dropped a bunch too) and he doesn't seem to have a good "feel" for the position. I hold him to this high standard only because he was signed to a $60+ million contract. I think he has bust all over.

The point of my post, however, isn't the QB, but the coach. Again, I only know Haley from his OC job at Arizona (and how good of a coach do you have to be when you have Boldin and Fitzgerald as WR and Warner as QB?). To me he seemed ****y, loud, aggressive, and incompetent when it came to challenging plays and going for it on 4th downs. He didn't seem to have a cognizant strategy for the game and was just going for whatever he wanted. He didn't "look" the NFL head coach part (not that goofy hat Fewell with his ****-eating "I can't believe I'm coaching an NFL team" grin, did either).

Now, I know his team is horrible. But a well-managed game by Haley and his staff could have easily won against us.

your thoughts?

Joe Fo Sho
12-14-2009, 10:33 AM
I've hated him ever since I saw him screaming at Boldin on the sidelines in Arizona. He just looks like a huge ***hole.

Cassel was not his decision, although he was probably behind it. Pioli's the guy that made that trade, he got a hell of a deal in my opinion even though Cassel is not worth what they are paying him.

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2009, 10:37 AM
cassell is a borderline starter in the league who only looked good because of Moss, Welker and of course the coaches in NE. Hes just not good.

As for Haley, I personally dont like him but cant tell if hes a good coach or not because his team isnt very good either.

justasportsfan
12-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Pioli got screwed when McDaniels got hired ny the broncos.

Ingtar33
12-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Haley was a moron they ran at a 7 yard per rush clip and ran only on 1/3 the downs.

how can you only call 1/3 the plays rushing plays when you're playing the bills?

TrEd FTW
12-14-2009, 04:13 PM
There was also the atrocious bootleg on the fourth-and-goal from the 1. Cassel couldn't outrun a turtle let alone Schobel.

I came away from that game knowing for a fact that Haley sucks. I figured he did before the game. Now I'm 100 percent certain.