PDA

View Full Version : Byrd making case for Defensive ROY honors

patmoran2006
12-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Brian Galliford breaks down Byrd and what he deems the other 3 candidates for NFL Defensive R.O.Y.

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/12/byrd-making-case-for-defensive-roy-honors/)

FlyingDutchman
12-14-2009, 12:54 PM
i wonder if there are fans of other teams starting threads complaining about how they should have drafted Byrd over their pick like the people on here do for EVERYONE

anyways he deserves it. the impact hes made is amazing. he basically won the carolina game for us as well as the jets. its too bad we dont have more impact players like him, cough whitner cough cough

byrd seems to be a true playmaker. a lot of those ints were balls that he just made a great play on. they werent tipped or horrible throws for the most part, he just went and got them

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2009, 12:55 PM
i want him to win it so badly...F those damn USC guys, and F orakpo because we should have drafted him lol

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2009, 12:56 PM
i wonder if there are fans of other teams starting threads complaining about how they should have drafted Byrd over their pick like the people on here do for EVERYONE

anyways he deserves it. the impact hes made is amazing. he basically won the carolina game for us as well as the jets. its too bad we dont have more impact players like him, cough whitner cough cough

byrd seems to be a true playmaker. a lot of those ints were balls that he just made a great play on. they werent tipped or horrible throws for the most part, he just went and got them

i doubt it dude, it doesnt seem like anyone other than real hardcore NFL fans know of him.

FlyingDutchman
12-14-2009, 01:14 PM
true, but id say he really only has two people as competition. the only people i can think of is Clay Mathews and Orakpo. youre right though, hes only really known by us bills fans

patmoran2006
12-14-2009, 01:19 PM
true, but id say he really only has two people as competition. the only people i can think of is Clay Mathews and Orakpo. youre right though, hes only really known by us bills fans

Cushing is a beast.

FlyingDutchman
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Cushing is a beast.

true that. i actually just now clicked on the link you provided. i knew cushing was solid, but i didnt know he had numbers like that!

ddaryl
12-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Orakpo and Cushing are the top 2 candidates IMO (and we could've drafted either at #11 but ...)

Byrd may get a mention but outside of his INT's the rest of his game is pretty average right now.

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I like Byrd and I think he's going to be good for us, especially considering that he changed positions AND missed most of camp and OTA's because of injuries and arcane NFL rules. He's only going to get better with time.

But with Orakpo and Cushing tearing it up, I really don't think he has a prayer.

BlackMetalNinja
12-14-2009, 03:51 PM
I love what Byrd had done for the team in terms of interceptions, but let's face it, that's about all he's brought to the table. Now 9 picks in a limited schedule is definitely impressive, but Brian Cushing has been a beast in every sense of the word. He already has 112 tackles (6th in the NFL), 2.5 sacks, and 3 INTs. That's pretty incredible for a rookie, and he still has 3 games to go.

I'd love it if Byrd won the award, but I won't be at all upset if Cushing were to take it instead.

Buddo
12-14-2009, 03:51 PM
All four of those guys are doing remarkably well. Cushing was being talked about a few weeks ago as a DROY. Orakpo is now starting to push on, as is Matthews.
Byrd we know about.
If Byrd can actually stick as the league's interception leader, I think he has to get it tbh. While the other guys are performing admirably, I'm not seeing that they are league leaders in any category.
With the odd exception (atm - time will tell more), last years Bills draft class, looks exceptionally strong. We will know more about Maybin after a good off-season in the weight room, but for our other 4 top picks, I'd say the future is pretty bright. Wood, Levitre, Byrd and Nelson, all look like they will be starters for some time to come. As to how good any of them turn out to be eventually, that's anybodies guess, but I do believe we have a draft class worth talking about for some time in the future.

madness
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Only two players are making something out of nothing and that's Cushing and Byrd.

I see Cushing walking away with this easily though.