PDA

View Full Version : Fitz to remain starter

patmoran2006
12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Not a shock I"m sure.. But I got it confirmed today that he will remain the starting QB this week against NE

SABURZFAN
12-14-2009, 01:29 PM
i wonder if Brohm will see some time.

trapezeus
12-14-2009, 01:30 PM
well he earned it with 86 yards of passing. Not that i advocate putting the other 2 back in, but it's a pretty sad sight behind the los these days. I like that fitz cares about playing and winning, but i hate watching him take forever to load up the throw and then try putting it into double coverage.

Can't we just ask fred jackson to play QB as well?

patmoran2006
12-14-2009, 01:31 PM
A big reason I dont think Brohm will play is this OL is so bad in pass protection they may get him killed.

Ed
12-14-2009, 01:54 PM
A big reason I dont think Brohm will play is this OL is so bad in pass protection they may get him killed.
I agree. As much as I want to see what Brohm can do, trying to throw him in their at this point would be unfair and probably disastrous. Then fans would just say "oh well he sucks" and not want to give him another chance.

PromoTheRobot
12-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Any chance they may have some trick plays involving Brohm? I have a hunch Fewell and AVP are going to throw some curves, if only to mitigate the crappy line.

PTR

BuffaloBlitz83
12-14-2009, 01:57 PM
If Fitzpatrick throws below 100 yards vs NE, Will that be an NFL record? I've never heard of 3 straight games with under 100. People complained about lack of 300 yard games but 100 come on man!!!!!!!

RockStar36
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Brohm should play the final two games.

The only reason I would still start Fitz this week is NE isn't exactly an ideal game for Brohm to test himself out.

patmoran2006
12-14-2009, 02:29 PM

The only reason I would still start Fitz this week is NE isn't exactly an ideal game for Brohm to test himself out.

I dont think he'll start either game, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him elevated to the #2 spot for those final few games.

RockStar36
12-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I dont think he'll start either game, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him elevated to the #2 spot for those final few games.

I don't think so either, but he should.

I want to know what the Bills have in him before hitting FA and the draft.

That would be the smart thing to do.

Buddo
12-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Paying Brohm behind our current O-Line, is a pointless exercise. He'll either get killed, or spend most of the time running for his life. While it is true that there is the possibility he will look like a combination of Elway/Kelly/Marino/Montana, it's slim to not very much of a chance. Why take the chance of ruining a guy, before he's got is career started? Seems like we've done that a lot already.
Fitz hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of beating the Patsies through the air, so our best hope is for Jackson and Lynch to run all over them. It's good to see Fitz got in some blocking practise yesterday, as that's about all he's fit for as a QB.
While there are a good many things I like about Fewell, sticking with Fitz, is not one of them. I don't think I could ever agree with him being HC for the future, when he's staying with the supposed 'hot hand' of Fitz, when that 'hot hand' couldn't hit a barn door with a pass, although he does hit plenty of opposition DB's with them.
I'm also starting to get the impression that Fewell is letting the locker room make the decision as to QB, and that is also intolerable.
If the vets don't like Edwards as QB, and Fewell wants to play him, bench the vets (probably T.O. and Reed). We've got other receivers who can play in Hardy and Johnson, and while I'm not convinced Hardy is ready, I don't have any worries about Johnson.
Just about every time I've seen Fitz, he's a gnat's whisker away from being a complete turnover machine. Someday soon, he will realize that potential, and I hope it isn't against the Pats, but it probably will be.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Fitzpatrick will finish the season. Then we will never see of him again ;)

madness
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
If Lynch and Jackson could run all over NE like they did KC, I wouldn't care if Fitz threw for only 5 yards.

feldspar
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM

Dunno about that. The New England defense isn't what it once was. They replaced more than half of it. Brohm wouldn't be playing the NE offense.

Fitzy just had a terrible game against one of the worst defenses in the league. 86 yards. He fumbled somewhere near our own 10 yardline and threw an INT when we were on their 5 yardline or somewhere thereabouts.

Ed
12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
I doubt it somehow. Fewell may not be a big fan of Edwards, but he knows that he still gives him a much better chance of winning then Brohm, which is all he should care about. He know's he's not coaching this team next year, so he probably couldn't care less about Brohm even being on the team.