PDA

View Full Version : Locker to stay at Washington for senior year

scartown
12-14-2009, 04:19 PM
He's making the right choice football wise but financially he's taking a chance. One more year of Fitz and Edwards before the Bills go after Locker? :banghead:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34419849

tampabay25690
12-14-2009, 05:01 PM
WOW.
Very surprised....
Good for him though

Nighthawk
12-14-2009, 06:11 PM
WOW.
Very surprised....
Good for him though

Not really....he may never see that type of money again. He could get hurt and go throught the same thing Bradford is going through or the new CBA may have a rookie salary cap. From a purely financial point of view, this was a terrible move. From a football perspective, this kid could use another year in college.

k-oneputt
12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Bad move. Rookie salary cap is coming. He will lose tens of millions if it is in place by 2011.

psubills62
12-18-2009, 08:44 AM
He might end up losing tons of money.

But right now, people are looking too much in the short term. I'm sure he's gotten advice from some people who have said he's simply not ready to be a QB in the NFL, and could use another year in college. As the numbers tell, senior QB's have a much, much higher success rate than junior QB's who leave for the draft.

He may lose millions on his first contract, but he could get two or three more mega contracts after that if he turns out to be a star. It's a risk, but if I were a scout, I would love the fact that this kid made the decision to try and become a better quarterback.

k-oneputt
12-18-2009, 10:10 AM
That's all fine and dandy, and he definiely could use another year of development, but right now he is a top-5 pick and maybe #1 overall. It's is tough to re-coup 40-50 million dollars.
He had better hope that a rookie cap doesn't get in place or he gets injured.

psubills62
12-18-2009, 10:16 AM
That's all fine and dandy, and he definiely could use another year of development, but right now he is a top-5 pick and maybe #1 overall. It's is tough to re-coup 40-50 million dollars.
He had better hope that a rookie cap doesn't get in place or he gets injured.

Maybe I'm misjudging the market for Locker, but I don't believe the hype that he's a potential top-5 pick. I think he MIGHT have been picked in the top 5, but only because there's a top of QB-hungry teams. A lot of teams know that he's not ready, so they'd have to sit him for a while. I just don't see a team spending a top-5 draft pick on someone like that.

k-oneputt
12-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Ok.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Technically, Bradford may have gotten a break. Okay, so last year he may have went first, but in 2010 he will still be a top 10 selection in an uncapped year.