PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I noticed about Drew just now...

WG
06-01-2003, 10:53 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BledDr00.htm

First of all, unlike other very good QBs or even some very average ones, Drew's only seasons with one exception, of 20+ TDs were with well over 600 attempts!

Secondly, I was looking to see how many seasons he hasn't had way too many attempts for both his and his team's own good, and here's what I found:

One of his best seasons from the perspective of not tossing key INTs vs. the tougher teams, and not tossing a ton of them in 5 or 6 games, was his '98 season. IMO that's about where he has to finish this year, w/ just under 500 attempts and that if he does that, just like in '98, he'll have very good year in spite of the fact that he may not toss more than 20 or so TDs. I still think he'd pitch between 22 and 24 simply b/c he'd have some major advantages in terms of the element of surprise w/ a predominant rushing game.

Anyway, here's the link for his '98 numbers;

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/BledDr00.htm#1998

BTW, for anyone curious or for those who didn't believe my numbers, his marvelous playoff numbers are halfway down the page on that top link!

Enjoy...!

WG
06-01-2003, 10:55 PM
BTW, I'll take 6 or 7 games of only 1 INT and another 5 or 6 of 0 INTs w/ only 3 games w/ more than 1 INT and only one of those v. either a division foe or a playoff team!

Heck yeah!

Tatonka
06-01-2003, 11:07 PM
why wys.. why..

/sigh..

:deadhorse:

if people are going to be "convinced"... they are by now..

just let it go until we see what happens this season.

WG
06-02-2003, 12:05 AM
Fair enough. I just got riled upon reading how the D didn't do anything last season and how everything was anyone's fault but Drew's. Then of course I had to bring that to light. :D Well, you know the rest of the story...

;)

WILCO!

WG
06-02-2003, 12:07 AM
BTW, this was a serious post. I think that, '98, was one of Drew's better years even though it wasn't one of his highest yardage years or TD years. Sometimes the best thing a QB can do, is not make mistakes, especially critical ones.

I was trying to be optimistic about him in expecting a reduced role and hopefully '98 like numbers and "lack of INTs in key games."

Wouldn't that be nice!!!

Tatonka
06-02-2003, 12:07 AM
i am sure the others would be willing to call a truce.. lol.

The_Philster
06-02-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Fair enough. I just got riled upon reading how the D didn't do anything last season and how everything was anyone's fault but Drew's. Then of course I had to bring that to light. :D Well, you know the rest of the story...

;)

WILCO!

I don't think anyone really felt that nothing was Drew's fault...but it's never just the QB and in your posts, they may have believed you were saying it was all Drew's fault. I wouldn't know for sure because I don't have enough time to read all of them. ;)

justasportsfan
06-02-2003, 06:42 AM
Wys, everyone knows Drew's performance declined in the second half of last years season. He does not suck as bad as you make him out to be though. It seems like you're turning out to dislike Drew more than you did Flutie. You were wrong then (Flutie was better than Rob :D ) and you ended up shouting "Drew rocks" early in the season. Now you're implying he sucks. Will you be changing your mind again?

Two things can happen, either Drew ends up playing like he did at the start of last years season, or the later half. The fact that he and Gilbride seem to insist that they will be more patient and run the ball ( that remains to be seen) in a way agrees with part of your thoughts about Drew which I'm sure everyone on this board realizes.

I think you should start making sauce for the the crow you'll be eating this season. :D

SoCalBillsFan
06-02-2003, 08:20 AM
ok wys, im convicned. Drew is not good enough to win us the super bowl on his own. He might not even be a top 5 QB. You win. The season is over unless we trade him.

yle
06-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Is this a new feature - - Wys' Drew Bledsoe informative stat post of the day?

I know it's June, but there has to be something else to talk about ...

THATHURMANATOR
06-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
BTW, this was a serious post. I think that, '98, was one of Drew's better years even though it wasn't one of his highest yardage years or TD years. Sometimes the best thing a QB can do, is not make mistakes, especially critical ones.

I was trying to be optimistic about him in expecting a reduced role and hopefully '98 like numbers and "lack of INTs in key games."

Wouldn't that be nice!!!

I agree with this and hopefully we aren't throwing the ball twice as much as we run it this year!

Cntrygal
06-02-2003, 12:37 PM
:eek: How come you didn't mention that when he starts to get "squinty eyed", he starts getting "stressed" and that's when his interception rate increases. :D

Jan Reimers
06-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Drew's supporting cast will make him much better this year--especially if Gilbride doesn't abandon the running attack two series into every game like he did last year.

Novacane
06-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Give a rest...........pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase! We know you don't like Drew. We got that point about 15 months ago.

WCoastFin
06-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
He does not suck as bad as you make him out to be though.

But he does suck.

I got to agree with wys.....sooner or later people will stop feeling sory for Bledsoe and start calling for his head....obviously its still to early.

Novacane
06-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

But he does suck.

I got to agree with wys.....sooner or later people will stop feeling sory for Bledsoe and start calling for his head....obviously its still to early.

:kissa:

BillsNYC
06-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i am sure the others would be willing to call a truce.. lol.

TRUCE!!! TRUCE!!! MERCY!!!

FRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!

justasportsfan
06-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

But he does suck.

Wanna run a poll at FH to see if your fellow finfans think Fiedler is better than Drew? Wait a minute almost everyone picked the bills to have the best qb in the division in threads. :phones: