PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick

HHURRICANE
12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I won't be that shocked if he ends up in Buffalo. He played half way decent in very limited play last night and he can still throw the ball.

I see him as a much better option than any rookie coming out of the draft.

This team will need to sell tickets and I guarantee that Michael vick will sell tickets in WNY.

Joe Fo Sho
12-14-2009, 05:18 PM
BRING HIM IN!!!

Hemlepp53
12-14-2009, 05:27 PM
If he equals a winning season and a shot at the super bowl... I am all for it...

Throne Logic
12-14-2009, 05:35 PM
No. I want to see stability and consistancy at QB. Not what Vick brings to the table.

Joe Fo Sho
12-14-2009, 05:38 PM
If he equals a winning season and a shot at the super bowl... I am all for it...

Joe...... Ahhhgggg.. not again brother...

I hope its BS. I think it will be a bad move on our end if we do it. Joe... i already know your stance... lol

Coming over to the dark side, huh?

Hahaha...

trapezeus
12-14-2009, 05:39 PM
well it makes sense for the bills model since rob johnson. if you've played one good game at some point pre-buffalo, we are excited to give you a chance to make a fool of the region.

Yasgur's Farm
12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
I'd be OK with Vick... Better than any draft pick IMO.

X-Era
12-14-2009, 06:22 PM
I won't be that shocked if he ends up in Buffalo. He played half way decent in very limited play last night and he can still throw the ball.

This team will need to sell tickets and I guarantee that Michael vick will sell tickets in WNY.

Ok, what would you trade for him?

Im saying it takes a 3rd or 4th rounder.

The Juice Is Loose
12-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Wow, please state now if you want Vick because then I'll know that your just a complete dip stick and have not watched a single game of football in 10 years.

He's a piece of **** off the field, and on.

DMBcrew36
12-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Vick is nothing but a shell of his former self. No thanks.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 07:42 PM

Would love to have him while a young guy is groomed behind him. Keep T.O. too and you have one heck of an offense.

Jersey1031
12-14-2009, 07:52 PM
no thanks, unless we somehow keep TO another year...

VeggieMan14
12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Bringing in Michael Vick ASAP also raises the probability of TO staying... draft OT first round i think we look good

X-Era
12-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Bringing in Michael Vick ASAP also raises the probability of TO staying... draft OT first round i think we look good

Id be very happy with this

Crisis
12-14-2009, 08:35 PM
even in his "prime" i wouldn't want vick

couldn't care less about the dog bs because he's already paid his price, but PURELY as a football player I'd want nothing to do with him.

DBrown77
12-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Give me Vick and Dungy and I will be happy. Then draft a QB in 2011.

Crisis
12-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Give me Vick and Dungy and I will be happy. Then draft a QB in 2011.

Actually....the only way I would want Vick is if Dungy was with him...so when he fails after a year, we would still have Dungy.

ajsdx
12-14-2009, 09:31 PM
i don't want dungy unless he bring peyton manning, not michael vick.

Joe Fo Sho
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Wow, please state now if you want Vick because then I'll know that your just a complete dip stick and have not watched a single game of football in 10 years.

He's a piece of **** off the field, and on.

I could not care less what the guy does off the field as long as he doesn't get suspended. Even a mediocre Vick is better than anything we have. He may not be a good QB, but the guy wins.

And it's 'you're' a dip stick, not your. But you're right, I haven't watched a football game in 10 years...

BertSquirtgum
12-14-2009, 11:28 PM
i hate what he did with the dogs but i think the bills should have went after him in the first place. very dumb not trying to get him. especially with the poop o-line. need somebody that can scramble and throw.

Luisito23
12-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Vick is a winner plain and simple, I know people hate to hear that, but it's true. I guarantee you that with a whole off-season of training he would be our best QB since Flutie. So, yeah please bring him in!!! :rockon:

ddaryl
12-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Vick is a winner

LMFAO

Vick is a LOSER

Jan Reimers
12-15-2009, 07:50 AM
LMFAO

Vick is a LOSER
In every sense of the word.

Joe Fo Sho
12-15-2009, 07:53 AM
LMFAO

Vick is a LOSER

Not on the football field.

DMBcrew36
12-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Vick is a winner plain and simple, I know people hate to hear that, but it's true. I guarantee you that with a whole off-season of training he would be our best QB since Flutie. So, yeah please bring him in!!! :rockon:

WAS a winner. WAS. But not in playoffs, even then.

Now he isn't even a winner in regular season. He can barely keep his feet beneath him when he tries to run now.

NO. THANKS.

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 10:24 AM
His last 2 seasons starting he was 16-16. Pretty Jauronish.

He can't throw! This line of thinking is rediculous. Just because he's better than JP and Trent (maybe) doesn't mean its the right thing to bring him in.

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Dont you guys find it odd that you never really heard of Roddy White before Vick left?

Now, with Chris Redman and Matt Ryan (who this year is looking pretty pedestrian) Roddy White is a superstar.

I don't want to have our entire offense be based off the wildcat, which is the only think Vick has ever done successfully.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Dont you guys find it odd that you never really heard of Roddy White before Vick left?

Now, with Chris Redman and Matt Ryan (who this year is looking pretty pedestrian) Roddy White is a superstar.

I don't want to have our entire offense be based off the wildcat, which is the only think Vick has ever done successfully.

Great posting on this one... Vick is not a franchise QB.. end of story

Mahdi
12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Great posting on this one... Vick is not a franchise QB.. end of story
Vick can win football games which is something we dont do often.

With an offense geared to him he can succeed, especially with the support of a strong run game.

A creative OC can do a ton with Vick.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Vick can win football games which is something we dont do often.

With an offense geared to him he can succeed, especially with the support of a strong run game.

A creative OC can do a ton with Vick.
Vick is a weapon, not disagreeing with that, but he is not and never will be a consistant passer

Mahdi
12-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Vick is a weapon, not disagreeing with that, but he is not and never will be a consistant passer
He doesn't have to be. He is a running back too so he doesn't have to be Favre. He just needs the right offense and some mobile linemen which we have.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-15-2009, 03:21 PM
He doesn't have to be. He is a running back too so he doesn't have to be Favre. He just needs the right offense and some mobile linemen which we have.
Teams are able to effectively stop Vick if his only asset is his speed.
I want someone mobile... but he also better be able to throw the ball if that gets shut down

Joe Fo Sho
12-15-2009, 03:21 PM

If you hadn't heard of Roddy White before Matt Ryan, then you haven't been watching football over the last 10 years.

ddaryl
12-15-2009, 03:22 PM

that makes him one dimensional and the better teams will be able to handle him

in other words Vick might get you a couple extra wins but in the end it will never be enough to win a championship, just like Flutie IMO.

but beyond that Vick is just a human I don't want anywhere near the team I love

X-Era
12-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Is Vick better than Fitz?

Thats the only question you should ask yourself.

Brohm represents one chance at a future franchise QB, and the draft may respresent the other.

At that point the question is whether Fitz should be our starter going into the next season... that answer has to unfortunately be yes...

And then the final question then should be who would you rather have leading the team out of the gate next year...

Between Vick and Fitz? Thats not even close. Clearly Vick.

Notice I didnt say anything about Vick being the franchise guy, just a guy who can win games until were ready to start our potential franchise QB.

Demon
12-15-2009, 05:18 PM

Better option then any rookie coming in? Has Vick has even passed the ball from inside the pocket yet this season? Until he does, i would suggest we stay away from calling Vick as a savior.

X-Era
12-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Better option then any rookie coming in? Has Vick has even passed the ball from inside the pocket yet this season? Until he does, i would suggest we stay away from calling Vick as a savior.
I consider Vick as a stop-gap.

I consider Fitz as a guy who belongs with a clipboard in his hand as the #2 guy on a team, hes no starter.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 05:32 PM
No matter what (who) the Bills pick-up in the draft this year, a veteran QB will be starting for the next season or 2... That's just the way it is. And that's the way it should be. Groom, don't ruin, a rookie QB.

That said... Who's it gonna be... Edwards, Fitz, Vick, Campbell? My personal preference is Campbell then Vick.

X-Era
12-15-2009, 05:35 PM
BTW, this is nuts, but McShay has Bradford going to the Skins and Clausen dropping to 23!

Absolutely no way Clausen drops that far, no way. He would have to completely blow his combine and pro-days.

Demon
12-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I consider Vick as a stop-gap.

I consider Fitz as a guy who belongs with a clipboard in his hand as the #2 guy on a team, hes no starter.

lol yeah i didn't use the right terminology.

My point remains, he has 6 completions this season for Philly, and not one has been inside the pocket. All of his passes have been fake runs to the side and a pass. That will work in the NFL.... like 10 times a season. But to get this guy to start? To say he's a better option then rookie Qbs is a very uneducated comment, is all i'm saying.

Demon
12-15-2009, 05:38 PM
BTW, this is nuts, but McShay has Bradford going to the Skins and Clausen dropping to 23!

Absolutely no way Clausen drops that far, no way. He would have to completely blow his combine and pro-days.

McShay is an idiot. He will jump around the draft board each week. For example, just a month ago, McShay said Clausen has dropped to the 2nd round. What has he done to move way up? And now, he's moved down? LOL based on what? Guys ain't even playing ball right now and yet major changes are happening on his draft board.

Mahdi
12-15-2009, 06:26 PM
that makes him one dimensional and the better teams will be able to handle him

in other words Vick might get you a couple extra wins but in the end it will never be enough to win a championship, just like Flutie IMO.

but beyond that Vick is just a human I don't want anywhere near the team I love
Flutie could have won a championship. Vick almost did.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 06:40 PM
To say he's a better option then rookie Qbs is a very uneducated comment, is all i'm saying.This "uneducated" fan disagrees with you.

Demon
12-15-2009, 06:58 PM
This "uneducated" fan disagrees with you.

Yeah, but you're basing it on name sake alone. Everyone doubted Vick's talent's in the NFL after spending 2 seasons out of the league, Eagles took the risk. The rest of us now have seen what he has, and it's far worse then people expected. He's slower at running and his passing has always been a problem and this season he has 0 completed passes from the pocket. ZERO. Based on what, should we give him a chance?

If we had the right coach, and used him in a specific way, where he only throws 20-25 balls in a year and use him in a wild-cat type offense, with a true #1 QB, then sure, sign me up. Give me the money.

But to say he'll have more impact then any rookie? C'mon man. That's just straight out of xbox land.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Well... I guess in a year or 2 we'll find out which 1 of us is the least educated.

I honestly would rather have Campbell... But Vick will due.

BTW... Which rookie QB, or even 2nd year QB, is outperforming Campbell to this point?

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Let me help you with that... Nobody!

14 Campbell
16 Flacco
21 Ryan
23 Henne
24 Quinn
28 Sanchez
29 Stafford
31 Freeman

And by all accounts... this years draft class doesn't even come close.

But thanks for the education anyway.

Demon
12-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Well... I guess in a year or 2 we'll find out which 1 of us is the least educated.

I honestly would rather have Campbell... But Vick will due. BTW... Which rookie QB, or even 2nd year QB, is outperforming Campbell to this point?

I wouldn't mind Campbell. Would much rather have him then Vick.

Btw, i never called anyone an uneducated fan. I said the statement was uneducated. Main reason is, most people who want Vick as QB (primary QB) is their basing it only on his name. Theres no way they are basing it on anything else, since he hasn't played in 2 years, prior to that he was never a very good passing QB but was quick as hell, and now, only has like 21 passes with the Eagles. Andy Reid sees him in practice daily. If he liked what he saw, he'd pass more. On top of everything, out of his 6 completions this season, NONE were inside the pocket. People want him because he's "Micheal Vick". That, IMO, is a uneducated statement.

I would love to hear a real reason to bring in Vick but nobody has any except XBOX dreams or hopes he will regain his form from his Atlanta days, where he was a speed racer and passed 25-30 times a game.

X-Era
12-15-2009, 07:33 PM
lol yeah i didn't use the right terminology.

My point remains, he has 6 completions this season for Philly, and not one has been inside the pocket. All of his passes have been fake runs to the side and a pass. That will work in the NFL.... like 10 times a season. But to get this guy to start? To say he's a better option then rookie Qbs is a very uneducated comment, is all i'm saying.

Uhh, no I dont really think it is. Its not a given, but very likely that no rookie from this years class can play better than Vick from day one.

Demon
12-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Let me help you with that... Nobody!

14 Campbell
16 Flacco
21 Ryan
23 Henne
24 Quinn
28 Sanchez
29 Stafford
31 Freeman

And by all accounts... this years draft class doesn't even come close.

But thanks for the education anyway.

How does Campbell doing better against rookies make a case that Vick would do better then rookies? I don't get it.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
My reason was, and still is, that Vick would outperform any QB from the 2010 draft for the next 2 seasons. This is a weak draft class and I've already shown that there isn't 1 single QB from the last 3 drafts rating higher than 16th.

32 Russell completes the list of the last 3 draft classes.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Last 3 draft classes of QB... This seasons passer rating rank

16 Flacco
21 Ryan
23 Henne
24 Quinn
28 Sanchez
29 Stafford
31 Freeman
32 Russell

Not tough to beat that. Vick would have to do better than 28th in 2010 and 16th in 2011.

Demon
12-15-2009, 07:39 PM
My reason was, and still is, that Vick would outperform any QB from the 2010 draft for the next 2 seasons. This is a weak draft class and I've already shown that there isn't 1 single QB from the last 3 drafts rating higher than 16th.

32 Russell completes the list of the last 3 draft classes.

And since you're into all the stats, where's Vick on the list?

The guy has 6 completions this season and like 25 pass attempts. None of which from the pocket. What makes you think he can do good? What makes you think he's nothing but a back-up? Nothing more then a gimmick player, where he plays few plays per game? That's my question. I don't care about how Mark Sanchez is doing and i def don't care about JaMarcus Russell.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Can we please see what Brohm has to offer :(

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 07:41 PM
How does Campbell doing better against rookies make a case that Vick would do better then rookies? I don't get it.Those aren't rookies... Those are the highest ranked QB's from the last 3 drafts. Do you expect Bradford, Clausen yadda, yadda, yadda to do better?

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 07:42 PM
And since you're into all the stats, where's Vick on the list?

The guy has 6 completions this season and like 25 pass attempts. None of which from the pocket. What makes you think he can do good? What makes you think he's nothing but a back-up? Nothing more then a gimmick player, where he plays few plays per game? That's my question. I don't care about how Mark Sanchez is doing and i def don't care about JaMarcus Russell.He's on the bench behind McNabb where he belongs!

X-Era
12-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Can we please see what Brohm has to offer :(
Zero reason not to.

Unless Fewell wants to try to prove himself for a job that he claims he hasnt said hes interested in yet.

cough-you've already failed your interview-cough.

Demon
12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Those aren't rookies... Those are the highest ranked QB's from the last 3 drafts. Do you expect Bradford, Clausen yadda, yadda, yadda to do better?

I know you listed more guys then just rookies. And do i think those QBs will do better? My feeling is no. But, i do think Bradford, Clausen and maybe another rookie QB will do more for his team then Mike Vick. Vick is getting old. He's much slower now. You don't just gain speed at his age. And he can't pass in the pocket, he needs to scramble, needs the defense to panic and think will he pass? will he run? And Vick passes it. Although, only 6 times so far and we're in week 15.

So, if you think Vick's style work so well, how come you're not into Tebow? Plays same style. May even be a better passer. Why go after the "old" and not a younger verison of what you like?

X-Era
12-15-2009, 07:50 PM
I know you listed more guys then just rookies. And do i think those QBs will do better? My feeling is no. But, i do think Bradford, Clausen and maybe another rookie QB will do more for his team then Mike Vick. Vick is getting old. He's much slower now. You don't just gain speed at his age. And he can't pass in the pocket, he needs to scramble, needs the defense to panic and think will he pass? will he run? And Vick passes it. Although, only 6 times so far and we're in week 15.

So, if you think Vick's style work so well, how come you're not into Tebow? Plays same style. May even be a better passer. Why go after the "old" and not a younger verison of what you like?

Vick has one of the strongest arms in the NFL ever, Tebow has one of the weakest arms in college. Im not sure you could have picked more polar opposites as far as arm strength goes.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 07:50 PM
It's all about stop-gap while we develope rookie or Brohm... I'd just prefer a 3rd round rookie over the bunch at the top.

Bills need to develope a run 1st team and Campbell or Vick are the guys to handle that the next 2 seasons. After that, the young gun takes over.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2009, 07:53 PM
BTW... Please don't quote Vicks 2010 stats again... Once is sufficient for me to understand your point.

Demon
12-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Vick has one of the strongest arms in the NFL ever, Tebow has one of the weakest arms in college. Im not sure you could have picked more polar opposites as far as arm strength goes.

Tebow has a powerful arm.

Vick HAD a powerful arm. Who knows what type of arm he has, we've yet to see him throw deep in like 3 years.

X-Era
12-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Tebow has a powerful arm.

Vick HAD a powerful arm. Who knows what type of arm he has, we've yet to see him throw deep in like 3 years.

No, IMO, Tebow has a very weak arm.

Vick, even two games ago, showed he still has a very powerful arm.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009120600/2009/REG13/eagles@falcons#tab:watch

Demon
12-15-2009, 08:11 PM
You mean, the deep pass he under threw in the Atlanta game?

X-Era
12-15-2009, 08:13 PM
You mean, the deep pass he under threw in the Atlanta game?

I mean the deep pass that he threw with a tight spiral and without much effort at all in the Atlanta game.

Demon
12-15-2009, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLLBKPDT9FU

There's Tebow (supposedly). Tebow has tons of problems with him, and no way do i want him, he can't pass in the pocket is one of his problems, but honestly i've never heard any scouting report say he has a weak arm. I know Vick used to have a strong arm, and my point is, who knows if he still does besides the one pass vs. Atlanta, which i still think was under thrown. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

X-Era
12-15-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLLBKPDT9FU

There's Tebow (supposedly). Tebow has tons of problems with him, and no way do i want him, he can't pass in the pocket is one of his problems, but honestly i've never heard any scouting report say he has a weak arm. I know Vick used to have a strong arm, and my point is, who knows if he still does besides the one pass vs. Atlanta, which i still think was under thrown. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Ive watched him all year. Not only is his throwing motion slow, his accuracy is questionable, his throws have below average velocity, and often lose there spiral.

Yes, we will have to agree to disagree.

X-Era
12-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Not to belabor the point, but Chris Brown has apparently talkesd to some scouts about Tebow and had this to say:

"CB: I don’t think there’s any debate that Tim Tebow is a winner. His leadership and other intangibles are off the charts. But with the expert scouts I’ve talked to the past year or so, most believe he is not a full time QB at the NFL level. Many believe that his entire throwing mechanics would have to be rebuilt from the ground up.
Furthermore I’m not confident his arm strength is sufficient to succeed in the wind that exists in Buffalo late in the season. I’d love to have Tim Tebow on my team. I’m just not certain I’d want him at QB."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/12/18/fan-friday-12-18/

I wonder if those scouts were Bills scouts.