• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Akhippo
    • Nov 2002

Do you think a 3-4 team would deal a pick for Maybin

In all seriousness,

1. Do you think a 3-4 team would deal a high draft pick for Maybin as an OLB.
    2. If the opportunity did arise, should Buffalo take that deal.

I say if SD or a Denver offered up a late first; heck even a late second I would have to take it.

I can see the idea of letting him bulk up and develop, but you would think he would get at least a luck sack or effort sack this year. Nothing.

This is the NFL and these things dont happen, but what would your opinion be.
    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Do you think a 3-4 team would deal a pick for Maybin

We would be lucky to get a 3rd for him at this point. It's kind of like buying a new car.... it will lose about 20% of its value as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Trading Maybin would look like desperation, maybe end up having to keep the kid who would then be eager to leave.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i'll say this about the original post...it would be a huge step for the bills organization to admit when they've made a mistake if they traded him.

but like the last poster said, Maybin has shown all the cons on him predraft to be true and very little of the pros... he's not going to fetch a 1st rounder for sure. plus with this coaching staff consistently saying, "he can't be a linebacker because he doesn't know" it doesn't make the case any better.

if the deal could happen, i would be all for it.

Comment

• billistic
        Veteran Zoner
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Akhippo
        In all seriousness,

1. Do you think a 3-4 team would deal a high draft pick for Maybin as an OLB.
        The Bills dreamed Maybin up. That doesn't make him worth even a 5th round pick.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

It would be nice to have a coach that saw the guy as a potential LB for our 3-4...that being said, if we don't go 3-4, he should get on whatever it was Marshawn got on last offseason, that will bulk him right up and we'll have a fast and a strong DE.

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

This is ******ed. It is way to early to give up on this kid.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

I would like to see what he can get done in an NFL offseason and TC before giving up on him.

15 pounds and some work with a good DC could really help him.

If we sign a coach that wants to run a 3-4 I would love to sign Kevin Greene as the DC.

Kevin Greene is currently coaching the OLBs in Green Bay and has been key in turning Clay Mathews and Jones into solid playmakers in a very short time. He could do a lot with Maybin's potential.
              Last edited by Mahdi; 12-14-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2009

ugh maybin

Comment

• airdog32
                  • Oct 2003

This is typical Bills Zone jander how can you expect to be productive? He is only in a reserve role! Please give the kid a chance before we count him out!

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                    • Dec 2002

With Juaron (and Fewell more than likely) on his way out, I hope we're running a 3-4 next season.

Comment

• Griff
                      • Jul 2008

since DJ was the one who refused to make him a linebacker, with him gone I see no reason why we don't make him one.

Comment

I think we could put Maybin together with our R2 and trade to the 49ers for their second R1.

Trading Maybin can be easily explained by new staff / new direction.

The 49ers need depth and lack production from their OLB - there are few in the draft with anymore upside than Maybin.

The 49ers next need after the secondary is RT, and they might want to get out of paying for two comparatively high first rounders (maybe both Top10) and finding a starting RT in the 2nd.

They can fix 3 key needs (CB, OLB, RT) and still have a second rounder to use where they wish.

We get the opportunity of not only a QB but a Top3 LT.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                          This whole place has been ******ed for years now.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
                            I think we could put Maybin together with our R2 and trade to the 49ers for their second R1.

Trading Maybin can be easily explained by new staff / new direction.

The 49ers need depth and lack production from their OLB - there are few in the draft with anymore upside than Maybin.

The 49ers next need after the secondary is RT, and they might want to get out of paying for two comparatively high first rounders (maybe both Top10) and finding a starting RT in the 2nd.

They can fix 3 key needs (CB, OLB, RT) and still have a second rounder to use where they wish.

We get the opportunity of not only a QB but a Top3 LT.
                            Hmmm Why don't we just keep Maybin and move him to OLB in a 3-4.

Why over think this people?

This guy is not Eric Flowers IMO. He has raw talent.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by casdhf

Wait a second... ******ed was drafting the guy when we needed an immediate impact player.

drafting the guy as a DE when he has the body of an OLB was ******ed, and then not letting him play some OLB when we lost 1/2 dozen LB's to injury was even more ******ed.

Maybe he does develope, but the fact is we had no business drafting a project like Maybin... that was very stupid and it set us back yet again

Comment

Working...
                              X