• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Zero goals after one....

Gee, what a surprise

That PP was a bull**** call, but that's no excuse for the majority of the Sabres' "offense" coming from the Ellis/Grier/Kaleta line.

This **** is getting really old.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Zero goals after one....

The officiating has been crap. It's a shame that the only goal comes off of a BS powerplay. The linesman also let Montreal come in offsides once without calling it.

Officials:
    Brian Pochmara - Detroit, MI
    Eric Furlatt - Montreal, Quebec

Linesmen:
    Michel Cormier - Montreal, Quebec
    Brad Kovachik - Woodstock, Ontario

I'm actually surprised that a U.S. guy is officiating this game. Normally, Montreal would have 2 French-Canadian referees and 2 French-Canadian linesmen. Why the league often allows such biased officiating crews is beyond me
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-14-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

OP complaining about the Sabres, on a three game winning streak, not scoring in a first period...surprising...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

At least this Sens/Leafs game is on Roger Sportsnet HD and is a good game.

I dont like watching this Sabres game on a stupid computer.

Oh and NFL Sunday Ticket BLOWS compared to Centre Ice. Having a sports package doesn't work when all the games are at the same time on the same day. Centre Ice is awesome cause there are games from 7pm-midnight like every night, sometimes with afternoon hockey, too. Not to mention Sunday Ticket is way way more expensive for way way less games.
        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          OP complaining about the Sabres, on a three game winning streak, not scoring in a first period...surprising...

The announcers just said that the Canadiens are the worst 1st period team in the NHL, statistically.

But, I suppose zero goals is ok by your standards
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            The announcers just said that the Canadiens are the worst 1st period team in the NHL, statistically.

But, I suppose zero goals is ok by your standards
            I'm not going to ***** after the first period...I dread if you have a kid who doesn't get 99s on everything.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
              • Oct 2005

I'm not going to ***** after the first period...I dread if you have a kid who doesn't get 99s on everything.
              I just hope, if he does have a kid that he doesn't play hockey.... if that kid doesn't get a hat-trick every game Op is gonna take him out back and beat him!
              2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
              2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
              2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
              2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

7-2 in their last 9 games.

Give it up.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

well if your kid fails math, do you tell him it's ok because he passed gym?

this is a team we beat 6-2 a few short weeks ago.

You're living under the delusion that this team can keep winning without scoring. Don't worry-reality will bite you in the ass. This is not the first time that I've been challenged because someone thought my observations were "too negative", and it won't be the first time that my negativity turns out to be reality.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jerhwt
                    I just hope, if he does have a kid that he doesn't play hockey.... if that kid doesn't get a hat-trick every game Op is gonna take him out back and beat him!
                    we're not talking about one player not scoring a hat-trick. We're talking about an entire team not scoring AT ALL.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

well if your kid fails math, do you tell him it's ok because he passed gym?

this is a team we beat 6-2 a few short weeks ago.

You're living under the delusion that this team can keep winning without scoring. Don't worry-reality will bite you in the ass. This is not the first time that I've been challenged because someone thought my observations were "too negative", and it won't be the first time that my negativity turns out to be reality.
                      you must really live such a miserable life...honestly, if it bothers you that much you really have to stop watching and just pick up a book. Give up sports or just root for the undefeated teams. Negative, realist or romantic novelist...you can label it whatever you want. You have a serious problem...I mean that.
                      Last edited by Ebenezer; 12-14-2009, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

you must really live such a miserable life...honestly, if it bothers you that much you really have to stop watching and just pick up a book. Give up sports or just root for the undefeated teams. Negative, realist or romantic novelist...you can label it whatever you want. You have a serious problem...I mean that.
                        And once again, you can't counter my argument that the Sabres don't score enough so you turn it back on me personally. I don't want to talk about what problems you think I may have.

I want to talk about how the Sabres are supposed to win consistently when they can't score, have no back up goalie, and have a starting goalie who is going to get worn out from the Olympics and being overused.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

And once again, you can't counter my argument that the Sabres don't score enough so you turn it back on me personally. I don't want to talk about what problems you think I may have.

I want to talk about how the Sabres are supposed to win consistently when they can't score, have no back up goalie, and have a starting goalie who is going to get worn out from the Olympics and being overused.
                          Lecter already countered your argument...7-2 in their last night...three wins in a row...you have to have perfection or you *****.

you make it about you when you rant like a madman and then threw other people standards in their face...excuse me that while I have high standards for myself I don't place them on other people nor professional sports teams...my life doesn't change one iota or get one ounce of meaning for what a bunch of overpaid, selfish brats do while playing sports.
                          Last edited by Ebenezer; 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

you can stop *****ing...they scored.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Lecter already countered your argument...7-2 in their last night...three wins in a row...you have to have perfection or you *****.

you make it about you when you rant like a madman and then threw other people standards in their face...excuse me that while I have high standards for myself I don't place them on other people nor professional sports teams...my life doesn't change one iota or get one ounce of meaning for what a bunch of overpaid, selfish brats do while playing sports.
                              Lecter said what they DID- he didn't answer how they're going to continue to win without scoring. He didn't answer what will happen when Miller starts to break down.

It still took 35 minutes to get a goal in this game. 1 goal every 35 minutes is NOT good enough. You can claim I'm striving for perfection but it's simply not true. This team needs to score more to keep winning, period.

I'm not getting sucked in to another discussion about my attitude. I'm only discussing the team.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X