• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

I don't care about the Buffalo Bills.

I came to the realization this weekend.

I don't give a crap about this team right now. It pains me to say it. I have hardly missed a down over the past 8 years or so, but right now I find I'm flipping channels or playing video games instead of watching the game.

I'm so sick of the stupidity of this team. Games in TO. Threat of leaving. Horrid coaches. Horrid draft picks.

Who was the last superstar player for the Bills?
    Why are we constantly having to second guess every draft pick?
    Why can't go the hell out and get a QB? Trade 30 picks for #1 overall if you have to.
    Why is every move a marketing move?

They hired Jauron to save money, kept after last year due to money, ruined a couple QB's, blah blah blah.

You could write a book about how ******ed this team is. Now they "promise" to hire a 10 mill coach, and we buy into that? I'm sure the next part will be, we tried to hire them, but they all said no so we had to go with Haslett.

I'm just so sick and tired of having nothing to cheer about. I didn't even get excited about this season to START. That's a sad thing, as i've NEVER not been able to be a bit diluted at the start of the year. But I didn't even have what ifs....

Unless there is some sort of MAJOR change to the entire organization, become a nomad fan that just watches good matchups and gambles, but doesn't cheer for any 1 team.

/rant
  • realdealryan
    realdealrex
    • Nov 2005

Re: I don't care about the Buffalo Bills.

sounds like you do

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I know how you feel. I fall asleep during most of the games now. Literally.
      Last edited by Novacane; 12-15-2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

you are not alone....

I am hoping for huge changes this offseason in the FO and coaching. Then hopefully the excitement and caring can creep back in.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i think this is a real frustration with a ton of Bills fans. i'm more excited about the offseason than the last 3 games.

the nice thing though is that losses don't anger me nearly as much. the down side is that the wins hardly mean anything. I miss watching a game with under two minutes to go and have my heart pounding on whether they can or can't get into field goal range.

Even last year and the year before's last minute drives weren't really enthralling. i want games where everything is on the line and the team doesn't care about next week. They care about right now.

We have losers on our team who are content with beinga 5-11 team. There are more players we could release than we could keep. that is an awful place to be.

I totally understand the frustration. I also hate that our new coach is the priority and modrak and guy are still there. Now is the time to get that GM. Give him the most time to evaluate what we got and get his scouts to all the college bowl games for the draft and to see players for free agency at the games.

Comment

• billistic
            Veteran Zoner
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
            ...become a nomad fan that just watches good matchups and gambles, but doesn't cheer for any 1 team.
            Very excellent and honest post. I've become a "free agent fan" over the last three seasons. I discovered that I like watching football well played a whole lot more than whatever game the Bills have been playing. The recent Bills teams play some awful perversion of real football. If they string together two 1st downs, it's like a miracle.

I originally got Sunday Ticket so I could watch the Bills. Now I always get at least two fantastic match-ups between the teams that can play lights out. I merely triple-fast-forward through the Bills downers. Wasting three-plus hours watching the (dead) Bills play live is not an option.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
              I came to the realization this weekend.

I don't give a crap about this team right now. It pains me to say it. I have hardly missed a down over the past 8 years or so, but right now I find I'm flipping channels or playing video games instead of watching the game.

I'm so sick of the stupidity of this team. Games in TO. Threat of leaving. Horrid coaches. Horrid draft picks.

Who was the last superstar player for the Bills?
              Why are we constantly having to second guess every draft pick?
              Why can't go the hell out and get a QB? Trade 30 picks for #1 overall if you have to.
              Why is every move a marketing move?

They hired Jauron to save money, kept after last year due to money, ruined a couple QB's, blah blah blah.

You could write a book about how ******ed this team is. Now they "promise" to hire a 10 mill coach, and we buy into that? I'm sure the next part will be, we tried to hire them, but they all said no so we had to go with Haslett.

I'm just so sick and tired of having nothing to cheer about. I didn't even get excited about this season to START. That's a sad thing, as i've NEVER not been able to be a bit diluted at the start of the year. But I didn't even have what ifs....

Unless there is some sort of MAJOR change to the entire organization, become a nomad fan that just watches good matchups and gambles, but doesn't cheer for any 1 team.

/rant
              Good for you I guess...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

I can't stand Bandwagon *****es though.... Weak character.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I will always care. I will not change teams after 50 years, no matter how pissed, disappointed or frustrated I become. But I certainly will be happier with changes in the FO, coaching staff, and players.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i'm not a bandwagon fan, thurm. it's just gotten real old to watch the same thing and be given no change. continuity over some of the worst football in a 3 year span. This team hates us and they make that clear with every administrative move they make.

I'm not rooting for any other teams and i still watch all the games, but it doesn't feel like it did when the team was a mediocre playoff team.

Comment

• billistic
                      Veteran Zoner
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      I can't stand Bandwagon *****es though.... Weak character.
                      I can't stand mindless homies, tho...weak brain.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billistic
                        I can't stand mindless homies, tho...weak brain.
                        What is a mindless homie tho? WTF are you talking about tho....

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Yep.... for several years now..... I get more juiced up for the draft and free agency than I get for the season.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

It's just a phase. You'll get over it.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              i'm not a bandwagon fan, thurm. it's just gotten real old to watch the same thing and be given no change. continuity over some of the worst football in a 3 year span. This team hates us and they make that clear with every administrative move they make.

I'm not rooting for any other teams and i still watch all the games, but it doesn't feel like it did when the team was a mediocre playoff team.
                              You haven't given up on the team, there fore you aren't a bandwagon *****.

Comment

Working...
                              X