PDA

View Full Version : I don't care about the Buffalo Bills.

Canadian'eh!
12-15-2009, 08:16 AM
I came to the realization this weekend.

I don't give a crap about this team right now. It pains me to say it. I have hardly missed a down over the past 8 years or so, but right now I find I'm flipping channels or playing video games instead of watching the game.

I'm so sick of the stupidity of this team. Games in TO. Threat of leaving. Horrid coaches. Horrid draft picks.

Who was the last superstar player for the Bills?
Why are we constantly having to second guess every draft pick?
Why can't go the hell out and get a QB? Trade 30 picks for #1 overall if you have to.
Why is every move a marketing move?

They hired Jauron to save money, kept after last year due to money, ruined a couple QB's, blah blah blah.

You could write a book about how ******ed this team is. Now they "promise" to hire a 10 mill coach, and we buy into that? I'm sure the next part will be, we tried to hire them, but they all said no so we had to go with Haslett.

I'm just so sick and tired of having nothing to cheer about. I didn't even get excited about this season to START. That's a sad thing, as i've NEVER not been able to be a bit diluted at the start of the year. But I didn't even have what ifs....

Unless there is some sort of MAJOR change to the entire organization, become a nomad fan that just watches good matchups and gambles, but doesn't cheer for any 1 team.

/rant

realdealryan
12-15-2009, 08:21 AM
sounds like you do

Novacane
12-15-2009, 08:22 AM
I know how you feel. I fall asleep during most of the games now. Literally.

ddaryl
12-15-2009, 08:26 AM
you are not alone....

I am hoping for huge changes this offseason in the FO and coaching. Then hopefully the excitement and caring can creep back in.

trapezeus
12-15-2009, 08:29 AM
i think this is a real frustration with a ton of Bills fans. i'm more excited about the offseason than the last 3 games.

the nice thing though is that losses don't anger me nearly as much. the down side is that the wins hardly mean anything. I miss watching a game with under two minutes to go and have my heart pounding on whether they can or can't get into field goal range.

Even last year and the year before's last minute drives weren't really enthralling. i want games where everything is on the line and the team doesn't care about next week. They care about right now.

We have losers on our team who are content with beinga 5-11 team. There are more players we could release than we could keep. that is an awful place to be.

I totally understand the frustration. I also hate that our new coach is the priority and modrak and guy are still there. Now is the time to get that GM. Give him the most time to evaluate what we got and get his scouts to all the college bowl games for the draft and to see players for free agency at the games.

billistic
12-15-2009, 08:51 AM
...become a nomad fan that just watches good matchups and gambles, but doesn't cheer for any 1 team.

Very excellent and honest post. I've become a "free agent fan" over the last three seasons. I discovered that I like watching football well played a whole lot more than whatever game the Bills have been playing. The recent Bills teams play some awful perversion of real football. If they string together two 1st downs, it's like a miracle.

I originally got Sunday Ticket so I could watch the Bills. Now I always get at least two fantastic match-ups between the teams that can play lights out. I merely triple-fast-forward through the Bills downers. Wasting three-plus hours watching the (dead) Bills play live is not an option.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 08:52 AM

I don't give a crap about this team right now. It pains me to say it. I have hardly missed a down over the past 8 years or so, but right now I find I'm flipping channels or playing video games instead of watching the game.

I'm so sick of the stupidity of this team. Games in TO. Threat of leaving. Horrid coaches. Horrid draft picks.

Why can't go the hell out and get a QB? Trade 30 picks for #1 overall if you have to.

They hired Jauron to save money, kept after last year due to money, ruined a couple QB's, blah blah blah.

You could write a book about how ******ed this team is. Now they "promise" to hire a 10 mill coach, and we buy into that? I'm sure the next part will be, we tried to hire them, but they all said no so we had to go with Haslett.

I'm just so sick and tired of having nothing to cheer about. I didn't even get excited about this season to START. That's a sad thing, as i've NEVER not been able to be a bit diluted at the start of the year. But I didn't even have what ifs....

Unless there is some sort of MAJOR change to the entire organization, become a nomad fan that just watches good matchups and gambles, but doesn't cheer for any 1 team.

/rant
Good for you I guess... :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 08:52 AM
I can't stand Bandwagon *****es though.... Weak character.

Jan Reimers
12-15-2009, 08:56 AM
I will always care. I will not change teams after 50 years, no matter how pissed, disappointed or frustrated I become. But I certainly will be happier with changes in the FO, coaching staff, and players.

trapezeus
12-15-2009, 09:02 AM
i'm not a bandwagon fan, thurm. it's just gotten real old to watch the same thing and be given no change. continuity over some of the worst football in a 3 year span. This team hates us and they make that clear with every administrative move they make.

I'm not rooting for any other teams and i still watch all the games, but it doesn't feel like it did when the team was a mediocre playoff team.

billistic
12-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I can't stand Bandwagon *****es though.... Weak character.

I can't stand mindless homies, tho...weak brain.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 09:12 AM
I can't stand mindless homies, tho...weak brain.
What is a mindless homie tho? WTF are you talking about tho.... :limp:

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Yep.... for several years now..... I get more juiced up for the draft and free agency than I get for the season.

justasportsfan
12-15-2009, 09:25 AM
It's just a phase. You'll get over it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 09:31 AM
i'm not a bandwagon fan, thurm. it's just gotten real old to watch the same thing and be given no change. continuity over some of the worst football in a 3 year span. This team hates us and they make that clear with every administrative move they make.

I'm not rooting for any other teams and i still watch all the games, but it doesn't feel like it did when the team was a mediocre playoff team.
You haven't given up on the team, there fore you aren't a bandwagon *****. :hi5:

streetkings01
12-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Play fantasy football.....it's gotten me thru the last 3 years!

OpIv37
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
I can't say I don't care. It's impossible for me to not care at this point- I've had too much emotionally invested in this team for too many years.

But i totally understand the sentiment being expressed here. I was never less excited for the season to start, and I've dozed off during games a few times myself. I used to jump up and cheer if something good happened, or swear if something bad happened, but I don't react anymore. The good is just a precursor to a mistake and the bad is expected.

Now, we are facing the start of another rebuilding cycle, which means at least two more seasons without results.

This team has sucked the fun out of watching football. For the first time ever, I find that I enjoy games where the Bills aren't playing more than I enjoy watching the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Play fantasy football.....it's gotten me thru the last 3 years!
There you go!

The Bills horrendous decade will make their return to glory even better.

billistic
12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
What is a mindless homie tho? WTF are you talking about tho.... :limp:

A mindless homie is someone who supports/follows wrong-thinking leaders blinded by an inflated sense of loyalty.

Their favorite motto is, "love it , or leave it"

Their jersey says, "The athletes on the team from my locality can beat the athletes from your locality!"

They are easily exploited by carpetbaggers from Detroit.

TacklingDummy
12-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I actually forgot the game was on and didn't turn it on until right before half. Didn't look like I missed much.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 10:20 AM
A mindless homie is someone who supports/follows wrong-thinking leaders blinded by an inflated sense of loyalty.

Their favorite motto is, "love it , or leave it"

Their jersey says, "The athletes on the team from my locality can beat the athletes from your locality!"

They are easily exploited by carpetbaggers from Detroit.
What does this even mean? Are you saying no one should be a fan of any team?

I watch the team for fun. I have a good time going to the games even if they suck. I am unable to be exploited. If going to the games are no longer fun I will not go. I won't however stop watching my team and jump to a winning team. That is something much much worse than a Mindless homie tho, it is called a bandwagon *****. One of the worst things a person can be.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 10:22 AM
I actually forgot the game was on and didn't turn it on until right before half. Didn't look like I missed much.
You really didn't

Jeff1220
12-15-2009, 10:24 AM
The bottom line here is that this team has been so consistently mediocre (I hate using that word) and boring that we've become numb to it all. So much so that I can think of better things to do w/3 hours on a Sunday afternoon.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 10:26 AM
The bottom line here is that this team has been so consistently mediocre (I hate using that word) and boring that we've become numb to it all. So much so that I can think of better things to do w/3 hours on a Sunday afternoon.
I don't have any problems with people not watching this boring team at this point. I do have problems with becoming a "free agent fan" that is just gay.

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 10:29 AM
how long are you people going to take people being upset and depressed about the futility of their franchise as statements etched in stone/

the team sucks, people come here to complain about it cuz their wives and friends don't wanna hear it.

nobody is saying they're a free agent fan, as if they truly were thinking that, they wouldn't be on "billszone"

if you dont like it, ignore it. stop taking everything literally.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Very excellent and honest post. I've become a "free agent fan" over the last three seasons..
You sure Juice?

Canadian'eh!
12-15-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't have any problems with people not watching this boring team at this point. I do have problems with becoming a "free agent fan" that is just gay.

Why? Not all of us live in Buffalo and have a group of firends to amke the Bills a part of my life's activites. It's HARD to be a Bills fan somewhere else.

I always found ways to get excited about things, and at least maintain hope.

This year I never allowed any delusional hope, I never felt good aboutt eh team for 1 minute... but i still cared enought to watch and hope. Now? Just can't even be bothered.

I'd rather just watch football because I love it. Than try to watch a crappy team that doens't give a crap about us.

If I had posted this post 8 years ago, 90% of the posts would tell me to go F myself.

Now most people are just nodding in agreement!

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Why? Not all of us live in Buffalo and have a group of firends to amke the Bills a part of my life's activites. It's HARD to be a Bills fan somewhere else.

This year I never allowed any delusional hope, I never felt good aboutt eh team for 1 minute... but i still cared enought to watch and hope. Now? Just can't even be bothered.

I'd rather just watch football because I love it. Than try to watch a crappy team that doens't give a crap about us.

If I had posted this post 8 years ago, 90% of the posts would tell me to go F myself.

Then don't be a Bills fan. But don't pretend to be one sometimes. That is what is very gay. I would never say you are wrong to do whatever you want to do in your life but I would not welcome you back as a fan if you quit on the team,(not that my opinion probably matters to you in the least)

realdealryan
12-15-2009, 11:03 AM

I live in a town where the local team is undefeated and they assume that since I'm going to the Colts-Bills game that I'm a diehard Colts fan to watch the Colts outdoors in January.

"Life's activities" regarding the Bills include watching them on Sunday and having a bumper sticker on my car.

It's frustrating, but damn....at least this year we've been "IN" all but one game, despite poor play. There have been recent years where several games were over at halftime.

I'm just confused as to how this particular year is worse than any of the previous 3.

And you do realize that tailgating and/or watching the game with Bills fans is a good way to renew your fanhood. None of us owes the Bills anything after the Jauron era, but even with an "iffy" team it's a hell of a time to go tailgate at the Ralph. Good or bad, it's comforting to know there are 60,000 others going through the same **** in the same place. I don't know why, though.

Canadian'eh!
12-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Then don't be a Bills fan. But don't pretend to be one sometimes. That is what is very gay. I would never say you are wrong to do whatever you want to do in your life but I would not welcome you back as a fan if you quit on the team,(not that my opinion probably matters to you in the least)

Well, sice you've never exacly been welcoming int he first place, No... I wouldn't give a rats vagina what you thought.

But you have no clue how difficult it is to be a fan of the team when you have no connection to the city. Thats a pretty nice luxury to have to keep from quitting in the team.

Meanwhile it seems the team quit on the fans a long time ago.

I'm not about to run off and bandwagon onto some other team... but i can'thelp it if I have more interested in watching the Saints O or something else.

I was a prettty big Diehard.... but i guess i'm not immortal.

Canadian'eh!
12-15-2009, 11:13 AM
It's frustrating, but damn....at least this year we've been "IN" all but one game, despite poor play. There have been recent years where several games were over at halftime.

I'm just confused as to how this particular year is worse than any of the previous 3.

Simple.

Despite bad pick, bad teams and bad coaches... i never felt they didn't give a crap.

Now?

Keeping Jauron past last year and only major change was signing TO which was a blatant "sell tix" move and nothing else... the Toronto games bull****. no commitment to winning.

And I'm sorry I can't ge excited about losing close games as opposed to getting blown out. Our close games are 2-sided sloppy crapfests. not good football.

I will care again, if i think the TEAM cares again. RIght now? I'm not buying that they will.

There will be no salary floor this year... let's see how hard they try.

trapezeus
12-15-2009, 11:13 AM
i don't even care if the bills were bad. the 2001 team was awful, but the games were exciting. Each game ended in some ridiculous event but at least for 3 hours you can say you were entertained and anything could happen.

These games this year is a battle of attrition where literally nothing happens for3 quarters, then either the floodgates open for the other team or this team pisses away the game.

Watching fieldgoal battles witha tempermental kicker outside of 40 yards is hardly an enjoyable place to be. To have a defense be the best part of your team and actually needs more fixes than the offense is not fun.

This team structure has sucked the life out of the game. if you are expecting to watch an NFL game, you are forced to watch the sunday and monday night games.

DraftBoy
12-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Well, sice you've never exacly been welcoming int he first place, No... I wouldn't give a rats vagina what you thought.

But you have no clue how difficult it is to be a fan of the team when you have no connection to the city. Thats a pretty nice luxury to have to keep from quitting in the team.

I'm not about to run off and bandwagon onto some other team... but i can'thelp it if I have more interested in watching the Saints O or something else.

I disagree with the bolded, it really isn't that hard at all. I dont see what's so difficult about it, if anything Id argue its much easier actually. Its much harder to be an out of town fan when they are winning a bunch because you want to go to the games and spend money on them and it costs you more being out of town.

OpIv37
12-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I live in a town where the local team is undefeated and they assume that since I'm going to the Colts-Bills game that I'm a diehard Colts fan to watch the Colts outdoors in January.

"Life's activities" regarding the Bills include watching them on Sunday and having a bumper sticker on my car.

And you do realize that tailgating and/or watching the game with Bills fans is a good way to renew your fanhood. None of us owes the Bills anything after the Jauron era, but even with an "iffy" team it's a hell of a time to go tailgate at the Ralph. Good or bad, it's comforting to know there are 60,000 others going through the same **** in the same place. I don't know why, though.

The results are no different, but it's compounded by time. Human beings can only take so much.

In addition, look at some of the moves this off-season:
-taking the project Maybin over the ready-to-play Orakpo,
-keeping Jauron then firing him mid-season
-keeping Schonert then firing him only a few days before the season starts,
-trading Peters to replace him with Walker only to cut Walker and replace him with Bell a few days before the season starts
-Going into the season with 2 true rookies, 1 2nd year player with ZERO NFL experience, 3 new players total and every position on the OL manned by someone different than it was last year.

These are not the moves of a team that intends to win. As a fan, you have to look at this and just think "WTF? Do they still give a **** about us?"

I agree, the tailgates are always fun and there is comfort in knowing that thousands of people are dealing with the same ****, particularly when you live out of town and don't have much interaction with fellow Bills fans. But this team is pushing people past their breaking point.

I haven't quite reached that point yet, but watching this team is not nearly as fun as it used to be, and I simply can't maintain the passion for it that I used to have.

Canadian'eh!
12-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I disagree with the bolded, it really isn't that hard at all. I dont see what's so difficult about it, if anything Id argue its much easier actually. Its much harder to be an out of town fan when they are winning a bunch because you want to go to the games and spend money on them and it costs you more being out of town.

Do you know how many personal friends I have that are Bills fans? 0
Do you know how many coworkers are Bills fans? 0

I met a guy in the mall once who said he was a fan.

The ONLY people interested in talking BIlls with me are on the MB's.

There is no one to invite over to hang out and watch the game.. they'd rather stay home and watch their own team.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 11:36 AM

Just clean out your VAG and lets all be bills fans together through these rough times! :hi5:

DraftBoy
12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Do you know how many personal friends I have that are Bills fans? 0
Do you know how many coworkers are Bills fans? 0

I met a guy in the mall once who said he was a fan.

The ONLY people interested in talking BIlls with me are on the MB's.

There is no one to invite over to hang out and watch the game.. they'd rather stay home and watch their own team.

I also have 0 as both. Is there a penis measuring contest or something?

It still isn't that hard.

Canadian'eh!
12-15-2009, 11:40 AM

penis and hard in the same post... bravo.

DraftBoy
12-15-2009, 11:42 AM
penis and hard in the same post... bravo.

Im that good.

OpIv37
12-15-2009, 12:04 PM

I think rooting for an out of town team sucks. I'm roped into having DirecTV to watch the games and I have to pay them almost $300 extra a year just to watch the games at home- either that, or go to a bar and rack up a tab on food and booze every weekend.

It's impossible to find merch or news on the team, although that's not as bad as it used to be due to the Internet.

I rarely if ever have people to watch the game with. The only time the local people ever watch the games is when we get a night game, during which we usually embarrass ourselves.

If I do decide to go to a game, it's 400 miles driving each way, plus hotel, plus either taking a day off of work or driving all night to get back in time for work on Monday. So, between gas, food, hotel and tickets, it's a minimum $500 weekend.

If the Bills ever leave Buffalo, I'll probably root for the Redskins out of convenience, but I'll never have the same attachment to another team that I have for the Bills.

DraftBoy
12-15-2009, 12:06 PM
I think rooting for an out of town team sucks. I'm roped into having DirecTV to watch the games and I have to pay them almost $300 extra a year just to watch the games at home- either that, or go to a bar and rack up a tab on food and booze every weekend.

It's impossible to find merch or news on the team, although that's not as bad as it used to be due to the Internet.

I rarely if ever have people to watch the game with. The only time the local people ever watch the games is when we get a night game, during which we usually embarrass ourselves.

If I do decide to go to a game, it's 400 miles driving each way, plus hotel, plus either taking a day off of work or driving all night to get back in time for work on Monday. So, between gas, food, hotel and tickets, it's a minimum $500 weekend.

If the Bills ever leave Buffalo, I'll probably root for the Redskins out of convenience, but I'll never have the same attachment to another team that I have for the Bills.

You make my case as to why its easier when you're cheering for a losing team. You save tons of money.

Canadian'eh!
12-15-2009, 12:25 PM
You save money, but you never get the comradere of tailgating and being there.... I don't think that's an a good deal.

OpIv37
12-15-2009, 12:44 PM
You make my case as to why its easier when you're cheering for a losing team. You save tons of money.

yeah but I'm $300 in the hole to watch a losing team, even if I don't make any trips up there. If I rooted for the local team, at least I wouldn't be paying to watch suckage.

billistic
12-15-2009, 02:19 PM
What does this even mean? Are you saying no one should be a fan of any team?

I watch the team for fun. I have a good time going to the games even if they suck. I am unable to be exploited. If going to the games are no longer fun I will not go. I won't however stop watching my team and jump to a winning team. That is something much much worse than a Mindless homie tho, it is called a bandwagon *****. One of the worst things a person can be.

That's exactly why you are a mindless homie.

Next you'll tell us that you keep going back to the same neighborhood luncheonette where you get horrible food poisoning three times a week, because the owners are "real nice people, who deeply care about us".

I can see you waving a 50 X 100 foot banner exclaiming, "I HATE BANDWAGON *****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 02:55 PM
That's exactly why you are a mindless homie.

Next you'll tell us that you keep going back to the same neighborhood luncheonette where you get horrible food poisoning three times a week, because the owners are "real nice people, who deeply care about us".

I can see you waving a 50 X 100 foot banner exclaiming, "I HATE BANDWAGON *****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I wouldn't mind your sentiments if mindless homie wasn't such a ******ed phrase.

I will admit to loving the Bills. I can't help it. I enjoy going to the games and I enjoy watching them on TV. I am not a mindless homie tho....

If going and watching them ceases to be fun for me I will stop going and watching. That seems very thoughtful and not mindless tho...

billistic
12-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't mind your sentiments if mindless homie wasn't such a ******ed phrase.

I will admit to loving the Bills. I can't help it. I enjoy going to the games and I enjoy watching them on TV. I am not a mindless homie tho....

If going and watching them ceases to be fun for me I will stop going and watching. That seems very thoughtful and not mindless tho...
So, it's perfectly OK for you to call those who differ from your parochial view of the word fan: "weak character", "gay" and 'VAG".

However, when someone turns the tables and calls you a mindless homie, then you accuse them of using "...such a ******ed phrase."

At least you're fair minded.

By the way, there's a term for people who have "fun" watching their favorites get whomped 9 - 11 times every year for a decade, ...

Canadian'eh!
12-15-2009, 03:34 PM
So, it's perfectly OK for you to call those who differ from your parochial view of the word fan: "weak character", "gay" and 'VAG".

However, when someone turns the tables and calls you a mindless homie, then you accuse them of using "...such a ******ed phrase."

By the way, there's a term for people who have "fun" watching their favorites get whomped 9 - 11 times every year for a decade, ...

Bills fans?

TheBrownBear
12-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I "feel" that way too when I watch them. But I keep going out of my way to watch them, so I guess I must care after all. I'll call it a "facade of indifference."

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 03:39 PM

I am not attacking your character in any way sir. Just the phrase.

It is a dumb phrase though. How bout glutton for punishment?

Thank you.

Oh yeah what would they call them? I have a blast tailgaiting and what not.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Bills fans?
I can get behind being called that!!!

billistic
12-15-2009, 03:47 PM
I became a Bills fan by mere accident of place of birth, and because I took all kinds of crap during the old AFL v NFL era for rooting for a "semi-pro" team from all my buddies from the big cities.

That chip on my shoulder has, by now, been severely eroded by the Bills organization submitting me to year upon year of crap football. It's freakin' microscopic now.

There's a world of excellent football out there, but none being played by the current Bills. I choose to be a football fan, not a mindless Bills homie.

KMA if you don't like it...

Dr. Pepper
12-15-2009, 03:57 PM
the UB Bulls have passed the Bills recently in my level of interest. that says a lot, considering when i was a student 5 years ago they were winning 1 game a season.

Canadian'eh!
12-27-2009, 09:52 AM

/rant

This team makes me depressed. I honestly can't even stand to watch football right now.

realdealryan
12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
This team makes me depressed. I honestly can't even stand to watch football right now.

Today is exciting! Enjoy the game!

X-Era
12-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Today is exciting! Enjoy the game!

Exactly, no need for bickering, we get to see something different today.

Different may be better, or could be worse, point is... there is an added reason to watch today.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2009, 11:12 AM
I became a Bills fan by mere accident of place of birth, and because I took all kinds of crap during the old AFL v NFL era for rooting for a "semi-pro" team from all my buddies from the big cities.

That chip on my shoulder has, by now, been severely eroded by the Bills organization submitting me to year upon year of crap football. It's freakin' microscopic now.

There's a world of excellent football out there, but none being played by the current Bills. I choose to be a football fan, not a mindless Bills homie.

KMA if you don't like it...
If you are so angry with the Bills, by all means stop being a fan. No one is forcing you to like them. Just stop calling people who still root for them a bunch of names. Even we "mindless homies" are angry and frustrated, but we simply love the Bills and continue to hope for the best.

If that's stupid to you, so be it.