• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Fantasy Thread

If you could have ANY LIVING NFL COACH to be your HC, who would it be?

My guy would be Andy Reid, hands down. He always has a solid team, almost always makes the playoffs and is dangerous in January. Does so without too many superstars, offensive genius.

I know this is a pointless thread, but there ain't much else to talk about.
  • Beastie Bills
    Senior Zoner
    • Mar 2009

Re: Fantasy Thread

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

My guy would be Andy Reid, hands down. He always has a solid team, almost always makes the playoffs and is dangerous in January. Does so without too many superstars, offensive genius.

I would definitely be happy with Reid (I did just sign him as head coach in my Madden franchise too).

Although I might take Parcells (if he counts....not currently coaching) or Sean Payton.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2009

Andy Reid is gonna take out Peyton in the playoffs. You heard it here first.

The Eagles match up really, really well with the Saints. I think they can take them out.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
        Senior Zoner
        • Mar 2009

Andy Reid is gonna take out Peyton in the playoffs. You heard it here first.

The Eagles match up really, really well with the Saints. I think they can take them out.
        I'd ask if you wanted to make it interesting......but I know for a fact that we're both totally broke right now. lol.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Bill Cowher. I think he would bring the type of energy and mentality that Buffalo needs. He is alive and surprisingly he is available.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

This is funny because I'm not sure if Philly fans would agree with your assessment. In Philly he's regarded as a choke artist along with McNabb. Additionally, Reid wastes more timeouts and challenges than anyone. The common joke on Philly websites and radio stations is they wish they could bring in a "coach closer" similar to baseball, where Reid coaches the first three quarters and someone else coaches the fourth quarter.

However, I agree he's solid and by no means a bad choice.
            Last edited by Dicknoze69; 12-15-2009, 02:17 PM.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Any living NFL coach and you choose Reid ???????

I'd choose Belichick
              Last edited by ddaryl; 12-15-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl

I'd choose Belichick

I am The Batman.

Comment

I'd choose Belichick
                  Step 1: Place soap and water in mouth

Step 2: Rinse thoroughly

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2009

I'd rather Reid. I don't think he has full personnel control, and until they got Desean Jackson all he had was McNabb and Westbrook, and he still got it done.

He even reworked Jeff Garcia, after he was horrid in Cleveland and Detroit, and got them to the NFC championship.

If he continues the momentum he's on right now, he could be a candidate for COY.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                      Step 1: Place soap and water in mouth

Step 2: Rinse thoroughly

Why would I do that. He's arguable one of the greatest to ever coach the game and he is definitley more accomplished then Reid. Serioulsy set your personal feeling aside...

I hate the guy only because he beats our asses every year, but if we could have him coaching this team I wouldn't hesistate for a second to get him here,.

But I guess what's really is strange is those who would sit here and give me a hard time for wanting Belichick when some would want Vick to come here...
                      Last edited by ddaryl; 12-15-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2009

Why would I do that. He's arguable one of the greatest to ever coach the game and he is definitley more accomplished then Reid. Serioulsy set your personal feeling aside...

I hate the guy only because he beats our asses every year, but if we could have him coaching this team I wouldn't hesistate for a second to get him here,.
                        My opinion of him has been crashing this year. He's losing his team, they're falling apart.

He may not perfect after all. I just wouldn't want to look at him. IDK, I think I like Reid more. The guy chest bumps his players. Its fun!

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

My opinion of him has been crashing this year. He's losing his team, they're falling apart.

He may not perfect after all. I just wouldn't want to look at him. IDK, I think I like Reid more. The guy chest bumps his players. Its fun!

So what, it's just one seaosn after a storybook run.

the fact is Belichick and company have a plethera of draft picks stock piled. they won't be down for long.... and there is much genius in the way they went about stock piling picks and setting themselves up for a retool

I'd still think he is the best HC in the game today by a margin
                          Last edited by ddaryl; 12-15-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                            • Jul 2002

You're crazy if you pick a guy who his own fans openly loathe for his bad clock management, whose teams lost 3 straight and 4 total NFC Championships, and lost a Super Bowl because of a 6 minute "2 minute drill" over a coach who has won 3 Super Bowls and set his team up for years of dominance through acquiring tons and tons of draft choices.

I mean I hate Belichick as much as anyone, but you aren't clearly using logic here. Reid hasn't even won ONE Super Bowl. I don't think he belongs in this discussion. I'd rather have winning over fun.
                            Last edited by Dicknoze69; 12-15-2009, 03:20 PM.

God give me style and give me grace
                            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Parcells

Comment

Working...
                              X