PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Thread

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 11:18 AM
If you could have ANY LIVING NFL COACH to be your HC, who would it be?

My guy would be Andy Reid, hands down. He always has a solid team, almost always makes the playoffs and is dangerous in January. Does so without too many superstars, offensive genius.

I know this is a pointless thread, but there ain't much else to talk about.

Beastie Bills
12-15-2009, 12:30 PM

My guy would be Andy Reid, hands down. He always has a solid team, almost always makes the playoffs and is dangerous in January. Does so without too many superstars, offensive genius.

I would definitely be happy with Reid (I did just sign him as head coach in my Madden franchise too).

Although I might take Parcells (if he counts....not currently coaching) or Sean Payton.

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Andy Reid is gonna take out Peyton in the playoffs. You heard it here first.

The Eagles match up really, really well with the Saints. I think they can take them out.

Beastie Bills
12-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Andy Reid is gonna take out Peyton in the playoffs. You heard it here first.

The Eagles match up really, really well with the Saints. I think they can take them out.

I'd ask if you wanted to make it interesting......but I know for a fact that we're both totally broke right now. lol.

BillsWin
12-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Bill Cowher. I think he would bring the type of energy and mentality that Buffalo needs. He is alive and surprisingly he is available.

Dicknoze69
12-15-2009, 01:25 PM

This is funny because I'm not sure if Philly fans would agree with your assessment. In Philly he's regarded as a choke artist along with McNabb. Additionally, Reid wastes more timeouts and challenges than anyone. The common joke on Philly websites and radio stations is they wish they could bring in a "coach closer" similar to baseball, where Reid coaches the first three quarters and someone else coaches the fourth quarter.

However, I agree he's solid and by no means a bad choice.

ddaryl
12-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Any living NFL coach and you choose Reid ???????

I'd choose Belichick

BillsWin
12-15-2009, 02:15 PM

I'd choose Belichick

:fit:

kernowboy
12-15-2009, 02:19 PM

I'd choose Belichick

Step 1: Place soap and water in mouth

Step 2: Rinse thoroughly:dead:

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 02:42 PM
I'd rather Reid. I don't think he has full personnel control, and until they got Desean Jackson all he had was McNabb and Westbrook, and he still got it done.

He even reworked Jeff Garcia, after he was horrid in Cleveland and Detroit, and got them to the NFC championship.

If he continues the momentum he's on right now, he could be a candidate for COY.

ddaryl
12-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Step 1: Place soap and water in mouth

Step 2: Rinse thoroughly:dead:

Why would I do that. He's arguable one of the greatest to ever coach the game and he is definitley more accomplished then Reid. Serioulsy set your personal feeling aside...

I hate the guy only because he beats our asses every year, but if we could have him coaching this team I wouldn't hesistate for a second to get him here,.

But I guess what's really is strange is those who would sit here and give me a hard time for wanting Belichick when some would want Vick to come here...

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Why would I do that. He's arguable one of the greatest to ever coach the game and he is definitley more accomplished then Reid. Serioulsy set your personal feeling aside...

I hate the guy only because he beats our asses every year, but if we could have him coaching this team I wouldn't hesistate for a second to get him here,.

My opinion of him has been crashing this year. He's losing his team, they're falling apart.

He may not perfect after all. I just wouldn't want to look at him. IDK, I think I like Reid more. The guy chest bumps his players. Its fun!

ddaryl
12-15-2009, 03:09 PM
My opinion of him has been crashing this year. He's losing his team, they're falling apart.

He may not perfect after all. I just wouldn't want to look at him. IDK, I think I like Reid more. The guy chest bumps his players. Its fun!

So what, it's just one seaosn after a storybook run.

the fact is Belichick and company have a plethera of draft picks stock piled. they won't be down for long.... and there is much genius in the way they went about stock piling picks and setting themselves up for a retool

I'd still think he is the best HC in the game today by a margin

Dicknoze69
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM

You're crazy if you pick a guy who his own fans openly loathe for his bad clock management, whose teams lost 3 straight and 4 total NFC Championships, and lost a Super Bowl because of a 6 minute "2 minute drill" over a coach who has won 3 Super Bowls and set his team up for years of dominance through acquiring tons and tons of draft choices.

I mean I hate Belichick as much as anyone, but you aren't clearly using logic here. Reid hasn't even won ONE Super Bowl. I don't think he belongs in this discussion. I'd rather have winning over fun.

Joe Fo Sho
12-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Parcells

ddaryl
12-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Parcells

he was definitely on my short list

Mr. Pink
12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
any living coach huh?

Toss up between Chuck Noll and Bud Grant.

Prov401
12-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I'd have to go either Belicheck, or Jimmy Johnson.

Joe Fo Sho
12-15-2009, 04:14 PM

I'd choose Belichick

Yeah, cuz he's done so well since he stopped cheating.

tampabay25690
12-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Belechick thats easy.

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey man, its an opinion poll, not a big deal.

But regardless, I like Reid better. You can't argue that Belicheck had the best decade of anybody. But nobody sustains that forever. No coach has owned 2 decades.

Reid wins 61 percent of his games liftimes. Belicheck, 61 percent.

I know, I know. 3 Super Bowls to none.

I dont think Reid has full choice in what players they pick up. I feel, given Belicheck's players, perhaps Reid could have done as well?

Regardless, if the teams played tomorrow I'd pick Philly. They're playing great, and with a no name defense. Except Samual.

Reid is a great coach and may win the Super Bowl this year.