• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Cleveland beats us again

Mike Holmgren is accompanied by his long-time friend and agent, Bob LaMonte, suggesting that a deal could be near to make Holmgren the next Browns head of football operations.

They are apparently close to signing holmgren and getting a GM to turn around their operations. Meanwhile in buffalo, the bills are stuck between offering $25MM to Denney and ordering $25 worth of food from Denny's.

I hate this.
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: Cleveland beats us again

They can have him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Yea no lost as far as Im concerned.

Wolf built the Packers not Holmgren.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

they are at least close to making a change with their GM. We still have modrak and guy on the payroll.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

As said many times, but people tend to just jump all over news when it breaks without thinking. Bills, among other teams, would love Holmgren as head coach. However, not as GM. He's had horrid drafts. I wouldn't want him here as GM and it doesn't even look like Seattle wants him back as GM.

Bills did contact him about coaching and he said he wanted a front office job.

What's there not to like about Browns giving him the front office job?
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Yea no lost as far as Im concerned.

Wolf built the Packers not Holmgren.
            Agree with that....I was never big on Holmgren coming here to run the show. I think he's an above average coach, but as a GM I never saw too much that made me keen on his arrival in Buffalo.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I think Holmgren falls in the category of, "Be careful what you wish for."
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Seattle is such a juggernaut these days aren't they.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Demon
                  As said many times, but people tend to just jump all over news when it breaks without thinking. Bills, among other teams, would love Holmgren as head coach. However, not as GM. He's had horrid drafts. I wouldn't want him here as GM and it doesn't even look like Seattle wants him back as GM.

Bills did contact him about coaching and he said he wanted a front office job.

What's there not to like about Browns giving him the front office job?
                  Exactly. The title of the thread is bad. We never sought out Holmgren as a GM, only has a coach. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to be a coach. He wan'ts to be a GM. Cleveland didn't "beat us" in any way. In any case, the Browns just took him to dinner...that doesn't mean they are going to get into his pants.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

does it not irritate you that we dropped a coach and made coaching a priority find but GM is secondary.

We all will have opinions about GM and coaches selected, but there seemingly isn't even a search on for a GM right now out of one bills drive. and the whole coaching thing has quieted down as well. We are no better off than the week of the Jags game.

Modrak and guy are still technically running our scouting team and free agents for next year. if these two idiots run what should be a high draft pick and take another undersized project player, then there truly is no turning this team around.

Make GM a priority. I think we're all ok with a OC/DC coming in provided he is given tools to work with. How can Gregg williams be a good DC again in Washington and New Orleans. How can Mularkey be doing well again. yet they sucked here. Mularkey has Redman playing well.

Truly there is something very broken in the GM level of our team and we refuse to even look at it. Now is the time to get this done. There are plenty of candidates out there.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

I owuld like to see some more proactive GM searching happening

I agree Holmgren really isn't all that, but we should be seeing weekly updates on people the Bills are interviewing for the GM position

and since thier not interviewing for the GM spot that leaves 2 scenarios IMO

1.) They hire a big name coach and give him talent evaluation responsibilites

2.) They are not going to change the FO and all we get is coaching changes and more of the same from the FO
                      Last edited by ddaryl; 12-15-2009, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        does it not irritate you that we dropped a coach and made coaching a priority find but GM is secondary.

We all will have opinions about GM and coaches selected, but there seemingly isn't even a search on for a GM right now out of one bills drive. and the whole coaching thing has quieted down as well. We are no better off than the week of the Jags game.

Modrak and guy are still technically running our scouting team and free agents for next year. if these two idiots run what should be a high draft pick and take another undersized project player, then there truly is no turning this team around.

Make GM a priority. I think we're all ok with a OC/DC coming in provided he is given tools to work with. How can Gregg williams be a good DC again in Washington and New Orleans. How can Mularkey be doing well again. yet they sucked here. Mularkey has Redman playing well.

Truly there is something very broken in the GM level of our team and we refuse to even look at it. Now is the time to get this done. There are plenty of candidates out there.
                        We agree. We need a true GM and since Holmgren is trying to be one and no thinks he's all that. The browns didn't beat us to anything.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

which his absolutely maddening if either of those solutions are occuring. because holmgren's GM lack of talent was because he was doing twopositions. Had he done just one, i think he would be better. that' s my opinion and i could be wrong.

I think he's going to have to stick with mangini for a year. i don't understand how cleveland is more enticing than buffalo when you are being stuck with mangini.

If the bills literally let brandon, modrak and guy run the draft again, that might just be the straw that breaks my patience. it will be totally unforgivable. if its not clear as day that those idiots teamed up with fewell doesn't yield us exactly what we've gotten so far, i don't know what to say. I can't do this forever. i can't literally watch this time of pathetic football for one more year.
                          Last edited by trapezeus; 12-15-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

I'm not a huge Holmgren fan to be honest.

Shanahan and Cowher are my first two choices. Cowher is the best available coach in my opinion.

At this point I would love Billick or Grimm, it is a step in the right direction.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• BSU Drew
                              • Feb 2007

Id rather not have him. I really think we will land a top notch coach. I may just be optimistic but for some reason I think it will happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X