PDA

View Full Version : JP signs!

Mr. Pink
12-15-2009, 06:26 PM
JP is a Raider. :rofl:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/15/losman-to-sign-with-raiders/

Philagape
12-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Typical Al Davis move that's worked so well for them before.

Are they trying to corner the market on QB busts?

Scumbag College
12-15-2009, 06:39 PM
The Bills should sign Jamarcus Russell after he gets cut this offseason to make it even.

Demon
12-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Smart move by Losman. Going to a team who loves the long pass and has speedy WRs. No doubt in my mind, Losman will have a 300 yard passing game before any of our starters do. But, how often will he play well?

If Gradowski can succeed passing with their WR, Losman will too.

djjimkelly
12-15-2009, 06:53 PM
its a home coming for the southern cal boy

im willing to bet he is the starter there next year

Akhippo
12-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Ill root for him. I thought he sucked here but hes better than Russell and might make the Raiders watchable to a degree.

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 07:02 PM
hahahahhaa.

i'm sorry but its funny. yeah jp is gonna go fix oakland. man some of you guys make me laugh.

cocamide
12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I hope he does well. He tried his best when he was with us, and he tried to do his best for the city of Buffalo. We can't blame him for the front office reaching on him and giving us unrealistic expectations.

Don't Panic
12-15-2009, 07:15 PM
I always saw him as a Ken Stabler type (style of play... not persona). It's fitting he landed in Oakland. Best of luck, JP.

realdealryan
12-15-2009, 07:19 PM
At least Gradkowski gets rid of the ball. And he's from Pittsburgh. Bring him in.

trapezeus
12-15-2009, 07:21 PM
what happened i thought the world best talent evaluators in the colts were going to sign him and now he went to a joke that is oakland? how did that happen in less than 8 hours?

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 07:25 PM
You guys realize he couldn't throw TD's on UFL defenses, right?

Oakland's remaining schedule is:

@ Denver
@ Cleveland
Baltimore

I highly doubt he even sees the field. And if he does, it won't be pretty.

...I can't wait!

naugem
12-15-2009, 07:25 PM
what happened i thought the world best talent evaluators in the colts were going to sign him and now he went to a joke that is oakland? how did that happen in less than 8 hours?

maybe they offered more money?
a starting QB usually makes more money than a backup...

Philagape
12-15-2009, 07:29 PM

It is a much better fit between his talent and Oakland's talent evaluators.

Don't Panic
12-15-2009, 07:39 PM
You guys realize he couldn't throw TD's on UFL defenses, right?

Oakland's remaining schedule is:

@ Denver
@ Cleveland
Baltimore

I highly doubt he even sees the field. And if he does, it won't be pretty.

...I can't wait!

If they signed him this late in the year, I would guess they would want to see what he can do. especially with their QB situation currently being what it is.

Mr. Pink
12-15-2009, 07:45 PM
I think he'll start vs Cleveland.

Gradkowski is likely done for the year.

Oakland signed him simply because they needed someone to play QB to finish out the year.

mybills
12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Congrats, JP. You're back in California. :bf1:

Dying_-2-_Live
12-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Congrats, JP. You're back in California. :bf1:
where he belongs!!

THRILLHO
12-15-2009, 07:55 PM
From bad to worse. Signing with the Raiders shows just how much demand there really is for him.

Stewie
12-15-2009, 08:02 PM

If you're JP Losman, and you like to play football, where would you go?

You're not seeing the field in indy.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-15-2009, 08:03 PM
He will be oaklands savior... and then dissappoint them

justasportsfan
12-15-2009, 08:06 PM

Just admit you were WRONG!!!!

TedMock
12-15-2009, 08:18 PM
hahahahhaa.

i'm sorry but its funny. yeah jp is gonna go fix oakland. man some of you guys make me laugh.

Who suggested JP was going to fix Oakland?

justasportsfan
12-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Who suggested JP was going to fix Oakland?
:idunno:

typical jp to not learn the lesson the first time. don't go to a crappily run organization and expect to make it better single-handedly. it's better to go to a stable team and learn how to win.

trapezeus
12-15-2009, 08:33 PM

I would if he had signed with a real nfl team. this is the same team and owner who brought art shell back...

I wrote in the first JP to indy thread a few days ago that if bill polian was going to sign JP, i would eat my crow. but the raiders. half this board could make the raiders.

prove me wrong JP...light up the oakland scoreboard. Make Justa proud.

Typ0
12-15-2009, 08:33 PM
This just demonstrates that JP is the best on the market right now...and that demonstrates how hard it is to find a QB.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I doubt JP can beat out Charlie Frye, if he does best of luck. I find it funny the Raiders chose JP with the similar issues Russell has. Million dollar Arm/Ten cent Brain

justasportsfan
12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
I would if he had signed with a real nfl team. this is the same team and owner who brought art shell back...

I wrote in the first JP to indy thread a few days ago that if bill polian was going to sign JP, i would eat my crow. but the raiders. half this board could make the raiders.

prove me wrong JP...light up the oakland scoreboard. Make Justa proud.

Oh so now it's a real nFL team. Backpedal. YOU WERE WRONG! You said he's done
Losman is getting coached by fassell in a league with 4 teams and he's doing the same stuff. it's over for him..

he won the UFL and now he's back in the nfl.

BillsFanCupp38
12-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Probably becomes a stuperstar... F@#* my life lol...

BuffaloBlitz83
12-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh so now it's a real nFL team. Backpedal. YOU WERE WRONG! You said the NFL was done with him.

Who cares if he was wrong, everyone is wrong.

yordad
12-15-2009, 11:19 PM
I am writing him in on the pro bowl ballot.

snow1989
12-15-2009, 11:52 PM
I doubt JP can beat out Charlie Frye, if he does best of luck. I find it funny the Raiders chose JP with the similar issues Russell has. Million dollar Arm/Ten cent Brain

They have perhaps similar traits as far as not delivering the ball, but for very different reasons and I think there's a huge difference in that. JP at least has a desire to play...the knock on Russell is his lack of work ethic and motivation...huge difference...over time JP could be salvageable...but you can't teach someone that has no desire

BillsWin
12-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Good luck Losman.

mybills
12-16-2009, 06:35 AM
.but you can't teach someone that has no desire
please explain.

Jan Reimers
12-16-2009, 06:59 AM
The new "Mad Bomber" in Oakland. I hope he does well.

OpIv37
12-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Congrats, JP- you found one of 4 NFL teams that lose more than the Bills.

M
12-16-2009, 07:51 AM
:bf1: Good luck, JP!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Don't see how anyone can hate on the guy now that he is no longer playing for the Bills.

He was great for community and a very nice guy.

streetkings01
12-16-2009, 07:58 AM
I hope he does well. He tried his best when he was with us, and he tried to do his best for the city of Buffalo. We can't blame him for the front office reaching on him and giving us unrealistic expectations.If I hear this comment right here ^ one more freaking time I'm gonna rip my eyes and ears off!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 08:03 AM
If I hear this comment right here ^ one more freaking time I'm gonna rip my eyes and ears off!!!!!
Why?

OpIv37
12-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Don't see how anyone can hate on the guy now that he is no longer playing for the Bills.

He was great for community and a very nice guy.
I'm not hating on the guy. We met him once in a hotel and he was very nice to my wife and I. As a person, I have nothing against him. I hope he does well, as long as he's not playing the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm not hating on the guy. We met him once in a hotel and he was very nice to my wife and I. As a person, I have nothing against him. I hope he does well, as long as he's not playing the Bills.
Exactly what I am saying!

trapezeus
12-16-2009, 08:39 AM
justa, i have no idea why you have the need to feel so closely connected to losman.

The raiders and the colts are very different teams. Fine, losman made it back into the nfl on the most dysfunctional team in the league. A team that has no eye for QB's. And he's currently a backup on that team.

Your quote that he won in the UFL and now is in the NFL is laughable at best. He won in a league that has 4 teams and they won that game despite of him. But keep rooting him on. you're nothing if not loyal to the guy.

and be sure to check back with me asking for an apology when he has his first 200 yard passing game that consists of 9-20 for 96 yards through 3 quarters when the game was winnable and threw for a bomb and a couple passes in garbage time to end up 15-31 for 200 yards with 1 td and 2 picks. i'll be excited and revved up to apologize to a poster who seemingly has to defend one of the biggest duds in Buffalo Bill history.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2009, 09:21 AM
the Raiders were better off dragging Stabler out of mothballs. this is going to be a Todd Marinovich revisited minus the drugs.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2009, 09:23 AM

why should he? you STILL can't admit it.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2009, 09:25 AM
i bet yordad went to the Raiders boards to gush. how many other Lickers did?

draz???? justa??? mybills???

yordad
12-16-2009, 11:02 AM
If I hear this comment right here ^ one more freaking time I'm gonna rip my eyes and ears off!!!!!
I hope he does well. He tried his best when he was with us, and he tried to do his best for the city of Buffalo. We can't blame him for the front office reaching on him and giving us unrealistic expectations.

:popcorn:

Typ0
12-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Some people just don't know how to build a case for something they believe in. In this case, the only thing that's true about JP is that he's one of or the best option available right now for QBs being picked up during the season. Heck, at some point I'm going to be the best option available. He's on the Raiders, a crap team desparate for QB play. The last team in the NFL he was on was also desparate for QB play and he failed there. The fact that he's in the situation he's in speaks to his performance as a QB. If he was all that worth anything he wouldn't even be in this situation. I wish he went to the Colts and got to start during garbage time but now there will be more excuses for why he can't get it done.

why should he? you STILL can't admit it.

SquishDaFish
12-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Congrats JP. Ill root for you. I know you sucked here but you never disgraced buffalo or talked it when leaving. So I hop he does well

BuffaloBlitz83
12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
JP was brought in to be 3rd string due to Gradkowski injury. I could see him being moved up ahead of russell as it looks like the Raiders are done with him. Looks like Charlie Frye is the starter.

mybills
12-16-2009, 01:50 PM

I thought people who hate Trent are the lickers now? Make up your damned mind!

justasportsfan
12-16-2009, 06:38 PM
justa, i have no idea why you have the need to feel so closely connected to losman.

The raiders and the colts are very different teams. Fine, losman made it back into the nfl on the most dysfunctional team in the league. A team that has no eye for QB's. And he's currently a backup on that team.

Your quote that he won in the UFL and now is in the NFL is laughable at best. He won in a league that has 4 teams and they won that game despite of him. But keep rooting him on. you're nothing if not loyal to the guy.

and be sure to check back with me asking for an apology when he has his first 200 yard passing game that consists of 9-20 for 96 yards through 3 quarters when the game was winnable and threw for a bomb and a couple passes in garbage time to end up 15-31 for 200 yards with 1 td and 2 picks. i'll be excited and revved up to apologize to a poster who seemingly has to defend one of the biggest duds in Buffalo Bill history.

whats more laughable is that you were wrong and still refuse to admit it. YOu said he was done in the NFL and now he's back you belittle the fact that he's back to hide that you were wrong.

I feel closely connected to Losman? You're the one who loves to bash someone who isn't even here anymore. I don't even read about him until you guys start a thread about him or talk about him even when he's not part of the subject and yet you hardly spew anything bad about Trent who is still with the team. If anything, you're obsession for someone who's no longer on the team is freaky.

justasportsfan
12-16-2009, 06:41 PM

you're obsessed with yordad. Scary.

mybills
12-17-2009, 06:56 AM
where he's from!!
:up:

TacklingDummy
12-17-2009, 06:59 AM
JP is a Raider. :rofl:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/15/losman-to-sign-with-raiders/
YES, im searching for a Raider message board to sign up for asap.

Griff
12-17-2009, 08:41 AM
This is the only way he could ever be considered an upgrade at QB for any team.

trapezeus
12-17-2009, 08:51 AM
justa all you wanted him to do was get back? you think he's going to succeed. You want us to all believe that he got railroaded. and the team that signed him will keep him in his frustrating ways.

I don't hate the guy. I just hate the people who want to have him avoid his terrible qb'ing ways.

When trent leaves, i'm not going to sit here defending him that he got railroaded. When the team needed him the most, regardless of other situations, he failed on the field. he didn't do anything to win games by himself. that's on him.

You should admit your wrong and that you actually love him.

justasportsfan
12-17-2009, 09:13 AM
justa all you wanted him to do was get back? you think he's going to succeed. You want us to all believe that he got railroaded. and the team that signed him will keep him in his frustrating ways.

I don't hate the guy. I just hate the people who want to have him avoid his terrible qb'ing ways.

When trent leaves, i'm not going to sit here defending him that he got railroaded. When the team needed him the most, regardless of other situations, he failed on the field. he didn't do anything to win games by himself. that's on him.

You should admit your wrong and that you actually love him.

Then maybe you should hate yourself because you made the same excuses for Trent.

Lol. You were the one who was wrong and you're obsessed with hating him. I don't start threads about him and I NEVER said he was a great qb. All I did was say he was not developed right and was screwed by the coaches which you also said about Trent.

Griff
12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/troll.jpg

don't feed the justasportsfan

justasportsfan
12-17-2009, 09:40 AM
http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/troll.jpg

don't feed the justasportsfan

why would you undress a troll doll Griff? Thats freaky.

trapezeus
12-17-2009, 09:48 AM
you really want to get into the conversation, again about how jp had a better defense, an actual pass blocking oline and was touted to be a first round draft pick worthy of giving picks to the hated cowboys?

I said the same thing for edwards...even with poor play and coaches around him, he had to step up and face some adversity, and he fell apart worse than losman. I am ok with writing him off. When he surfaces on another team, i'm not going to go demand that the JP fans tell me I'm right.

At the end of the day, JP ended up as a back up in oakland. He won't succeed. He still will prove to be the guy who runs around depending on his athleticism and is too stupid to realize everyone is actual athletic in the NFL...to succeed here, you have to study the game and you have to be accurate on all your passes. not just the long ones.

But keep defending, justa...keep defending your favorite NFL QB ever.

justasportsfan
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
you really want to get into the conversation, again about how jp had a better defense, an actual pass blocking oline and was touted to be a first round draft pick worthy of giving picks to the hated cowboys?

I said the same thing for edwards...even with poor play and coaches around him, he had to step up and face some adversity, and he fell apart worse than losman. I am ok with writing him off. When he surfaces on another team, i'm not going to go demand that the JP fans tell me I'm right.

At the end of the day, JP ended up as a back up in oakland. He won't succeed. He still will prove to be the guy who runs around depending on his athleticism and is too stupid to realize everyone is actual athletic in the NFL...to succeed here, you have to study the game and you have to be accurate on all your passes. not just the long ones.

But keep defending, justa...keep defending your favorite NFL QB ever.

Sad attempt to hide that fact that you were wrong!

trapezeus
12-17-2009, 10:45 AM
sad attempt to alway try to spin things in your favor. you're defending a career loser who has found his way on the depth chart of the worst run team in the league.

you really showed us Justa. We were all wrong. it's just a matter of time that jp losman takes the nfl by storm.

justasportsfan
12-17-2009, 10:52 AM
sad attempt to alway try to spin things in your favor. you're defending a career loser who has found his way on the depth chart of the worst run team in the league. . you're the one who's trying to spin when you tried to downplay his performance in the UFL and implied he was done in the NFL . He won the championship and he's back in the NFL.

you really showed us Justa. We were all wrong. it's just a matter of time that jp losman takes the nfl by storm.
not all. Just you.

trapezeus
12-17-2009, 11:23 AM
putting aside the ridiculousness of using a UFL championship in a league with 4 teams to prove to me that I'm wrong that losman is a terrible qb, you seem to want me to pretend like you aren't thinking he's going to become the QB he never was. News flash, he is the QB that he'll always be.

but not putting aside the UFL stuff, he didn't win that game for them. he threw costly interceptions and had the defense win that game for him. sounds like a bad game managing QB. but i guess that's just coaching.

I hope the Losman raiders jersey you get for christmas meets expectations.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 11:26 AM
putting aside the ridiculousness of using a UFL championship in a league with 4 teams to prove to me that I'm wrong that losman is a terrible qb, you seem to want me to pretend like you aren't thinking he's going to become the QB he never was. News flash, he is the QB that he'll always be.

but not putting aside the UFL stuff, he didn't win that game for them. he threw costly interceptions and had the defense win that game for him. sounds like a bad game managing QB. but i guess that's just coaching.

Raiders have bad coaching too so JP is still safe ...

justasportsfan
12-17-2009, 11:36 AM
putting aside the ridiculousness of using a UFL championship in a league with 4 teams to prove to me that I'm wrong that losman is a terrible qb, you seem to want me to pretend like you aren't thinking he's going to become the QB he never was. News flash, he is the QB that he'll always be..

I don't care about how bad the UFL is. It's about your predictions and your opinions were wrong.

but not putting aside the UFL stuff, he didn't win that game for them. he threw costly interceptions and had the defense win that game for him. sounds like a bad game managing QB. but i guess that's just coaching. .
they won. If that was Trent you'd be singing a different tune.

another sad attempt to hide your wrong predictions.

Bert102176
12-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Go JP I hope he kicks butt

Typ0
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
As rediculous I think some of these arguements about JP are I would love to see him do well too. I admire his fire and professionalism and wish him the best.

SABURZFAN
12-18-2009, 05:08 AM
you're obsessed with yordad. Scary.

and you're obsessed with trap. :limp:

SABURZFAN
12-18-2009, 05:10 AM
you're the one who's trying to spin when you tried to downplay his performance in the UFL and implied he was done in the NFL . He won the championship and he's back in the NFL.

not all. Just you.

:lmao:

says the guy who's the master at spinning thing. pot has finally met kettle.

you were too.

Yasgur's Farm
12-18-2009, 05:18 AM
SABZ... You're up early.

justasportsfan
12-18-2009, 10:02 AM
and you're obsessed with trap. :limp:
haha! you follow him to the tz. Even when you can't read what he posts you still replyto. You wish physical injury him . You're a stalker. It' freaky.