• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Got on Sirius today

Kirwan and Tim Ryan...

Asked about the big picture with the QB situation, and offered up that Brohm should get some starts before the year ends to see what he's got. Kirwan said he was available to grab for a reason, insinuating that he's not that good. He said he wouldn't start him but would be open to bringing him back next year. he said we should look through the draft.

Kirwan said we rushed Trent due to our displeasure with JP. He basically agreed that Fitz is not the answer, and later made mention that we should look to bring both Fitz and Edwards back with another QB for competition.

I mentioned it will be up to the new coach, and I went fishing on the odds of Shanahan or Cowher. He gave a definite no on either of them coming to Buffalo, as well as any other big names, although he did preface it with the fact that he has no inside info. He said we should go offensive-minded, a la Billick or Fassel (his names). I told him how I lived in Baltimore for all the years Billick coached and that he never developed a QB. He agreed and moved on.

Ryan brought up Haslett and I said it would be a good sentimental pick, but not much else. I mentioned a Weis/Romeo reunion to which Kirwan said Weis isn't interested in head coaching, but Ryan countered and said he was. I really think Kirwan just doesn't see anyone worth a damn, coach, QB or otherwise, wanting to come to Buffalo.

I actually respect both of these guys a lot (I know many don't), but I hope they are wrong. They seemed to be offering up everyone's worst case scenarios from the board. Time will tell...
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: Got on Sirius today

I wouldn't want to come to Buffalo and work for Ralph Wilson either. He has run many good football people out of Buffalo through the years. He supposedly meddles in personnel decisions, and he is a small market owner looking at an uncapped year. Not quite sure what there is to like about the job other than it's a job in the NFL. The big fish will be swimming in the big ponds, and the little fish looking for an opportunity will be coming to B-Lo, the little frozen pond. I hate to say it, but things aren't going to get any better in Buffalo anytime soon.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

What has the Bills franchise done in the last 10 years to warrant a big name coach to come here? Nothing. If anything that will be why they can't get anyone with respectability to come here.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by don137
        What has the Bills franchise done in the last 10 years to warrant a big name coach to come here? Nothing. If anything that will be why they can't get anyone with respectability to come here.
        Yeah, and that's why i think we need to temper our expectations. Getting a second tier proven coach or a first tier coordinator is looking like best case scenario. Finding a GM worth his salt is going to be difficult... especially with the obvious financial limitations Buffalo offers. I do think we can make this work, but it has to be the right GM, the right coach, and the right QB. That creates some pretty long odds.

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

Kirwin doesn't care much for the Bills after Thurman and Kelly used to whoop his Jets up and down the field!
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
          X