PDA

View Full Version : Dear Tim Connolly

G Wolly
12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
You suck

SabreEleven
12-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Go back to the Chicago Blackhawks boards.

G Wolly
12-16-2009, 01:34 AM
:teary:

chernobylwraiths
12-16-2009, 06:22 AM
It was SUCH a great deal to resign him and give him a big raise.

RockStar36
12-16-2009, 07:26 AM
It was SUCH a great deal to resign him and give him a big raise.

And if they let him go, you would be leading the charge about how they don't resign their own talent and they are the Pirates of the NHL.

RockStar36
12-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Go back to the Chicago Blackhawks boards.

This reminds me of a question I was going to ask...

Why the hell does he have a Blackhawks logo anyways? If it's the person I thought he was, this is almost inexcusable.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 08:12 AM
And if they let him go, you would be leading the charge about how they don't resign their own talent and they are the Pirates of the NHL.
No win situation Dev. You know this. No one is happy with anything. Soon Op will start the Miller's GA isn't what it should be... :puke:

Connolly is getting points. He had a very nice pass to Kaleta on the Shorty. He isn't getting injured. 4.5 million is not upper tier money. What the **** do you people want?

The only thing I would like Connolly to do is work on his faceoffs. He is so bad that they let wingers take the draws.

OpIv37
12-16-2009, 08:27 AM
No win situation Dev. You know this. No one is happy with anything. Soon Op will start the Miller's GA isn't what it should be... :puke:

Connolly is getting points. He had a very nice pass to Kaleta on the Shorty. He isn't getting injured. 4.5 million is not upper tier money. What the **** do you people want?

The only thing I would like Connolly to do is work on his faceoffs. He is so bad that they let wingers take the draws.

Despite your shot at me and my feelings about this FO, I actually mostly agree with you here.

Last year when they resigned Connolly, the options were sign a good player with an injury problem, or let him walk and risk him having success somewhere else.

No one predicted the actual outcome: Connolly staying healthy but not playing well. I can't blame the FO on this one. However, I do think Connolly needs to be more productive.

chernobylwraiths
12-16-2009, 08:28 AM

Really? I would? I was begging them to trade him last year before the deadline!

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Despite your shot at me and my feelings about this FO, I actually mostly agree with you here.

Last year when they resigned Connolly, the options were sign a good player with an injury problem, or let him walk and risk him having success somewhere else.

No one predicted the actual outcome: Connolly staying healthy but not playing well. I can't blame the FO on this one. However, I do think Connolly needs to be more productive.
I wouldn't take undeserved shots at you.

He is second on the team with 23 points. He has tailed off as of late but most players like him are streaky. He will get it going along with Vanek, Roy, Stafford and Pomminville.

That is actually what has me more excited about this team. The scorers are ALL in slumps and we are still winning.

DMBcrew36
12-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Have you guys noticed that Connolly is always falling down? He often has a very hard time staying up on his skates.

RockStar36
12-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Connolly has 23 points in 31 games.

I expect him to be a point per game player, so yes, he needs to improve, but he is also far from sucking.

Let's revisit this discussion on the Olympic break.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Have you guys noticed that Connolly is always falling down? He often has a very hard time staying up on his skates.
Not really noticed it to be honest.

DMBcrew36
12-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Not really noticed it to be honest.

Hmm. As a hockey player I notice it all the time. I'll sit watching the game with a buddy and I'll say "don't fall Timmy, don't fall", while he has the puck, and then he falls down and we can't help but laugh because I called it. He doesn't even need to be touched - he just loses his balance on his own. Keep an eye out in the next few games.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Hmm. As a hockey player I notice it all the time. I'll sit watching the game with a buddy and I'll say "don't fall Timmy, don't fall", while he has the puck, and then he falls down and we can't help but laugh because I called it. He doesn't even need to be touched - he just loses his balance on his own. Keep an eye out in the next few games.
Oh I wasn't saying it wasn't happening just that I hadn't noticed. I will probably now going forward since you brought it up.

DMBcrew36
12-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh I wasn't saying it wasn't happening just that I hadn't noticed. I will probably now going forward since you brought it up.

Yeah, I don't know if it's always been this way with him, because I really only started keying on it at the end of last season, and especially this season.

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 12:26 PM
People have to realize...just because they are winning, doesn't mean that you HAVE to be happy with everything. It is OK to criticize players who are not performing up to their contract or standards and still be a fan. Geeshh...some of you need to relax.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
People have to realize...just because they are winning, doesn't mean that you HAVE to be happy with everything. It is OK to criticize players who are not performing up to their contract or standards and still be a fan. Geeshh...some of you need to relax.
I think everyone realizes this.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2009, 12:31 PM

I agree.

Connolly is underperforming more than Roy (9 points in 9 games), Vanek or Pominville, imo.

G Wolly
12-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Connolly is prone to giving the puckaway too much in the offensive zone. His points have only come by being in the right place at the right time. If he was gone we would suffer very much.

Pominville too.

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I think everyone realizes this.

I'm not so sure...

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm not so sure...
Well you should be now since I told you.

SabreEleven
12-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Tim Connolly can do NO wrong, *****es...

G Wolly
12-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Tim Connolly can do NO wrong, *****es...

When it comes to sucking at hockey

DMBcrew36
12-16-2009, 08:16 PM
At least he seems to be staying on his feet OK tonight :tap: