PDA

View Full Version : My reason for staying away from QB in round 1

Yasgur's Farm
12-16-2009, 06:31 AM
It's reported that this class of QB's is the weakest in years.

Here are the QB's from the last 3 draft classes... This seasons passer rating rank

16 Flacco - 2
21 Ryan - 2
23 Henne - 2
24 Quinn - 3
28 Sanchez - R
29 Stafford - R
31 Freeman - R
32 Russell - 3

It's a vet stop-gap (Campbell) for me along with Brohm and 3rd rounder (LeFevour).

Buckets
12-16-2009, 07:19 AM
With the luck the Bills have had in the past I would trade our first pick every year. It's such a crap shoot it's probably better to have more picks in middle rounds which gives you a higher probability of finding a genuine ball player

ddaryl
12-16-2009, 07:27 AM
With the luck the Bills have had in the past I would trade our first pick every year. It's such a crap shoot it's probably better to have more picks in middle rounds which gives you a higher probability of finding a genuine ball player

It's not a crap shoot if you actually have decent talent evaluation.

Yasgur's Farm
12-16-2009, 11:06 AM
It's not a crap shoot if you actually have decent talent evaluation.That's another reason to steer clear... Who exactly will those talent evaluators be?

Prov401
12-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Best player available is what we need to do in this draft. Every elite team does it, and we should start doing it as well.

The Juice Is Loose
12-16-2009, 11:49 AM
It's not a crap shoot if you actually have decent talent evaluation.

i think that's harsh. half the first round busts out each year.

are you saying that half the league can't evaluate talent?

ddaryl
12-16-2009, 12:18 PM
That's another reason to steer clear... Who exactly will those talent evaluators be?

AND that's why were ALL hoping for a GM to come in and overhaul that process.

If we do that then I am more confident in the draft. If we do nothing with our GM spot then I expect the Bills to continue sucking a big one :handball:

BillsWin
12-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Sam Bradford is the real deal. Quote me on it later. If they pass on him I will most likely commit murder.

ddaryl
12-16-2009, 12:24 PM
i think that's harsh. half the first round busts out each year.

are you saying that half the league can't evaluate talent?

Show me the successful teams over the last decade and post their 1st rd picks for that time period

now compare these successful teams 1st rd drafts to the teams who've sucked most of the decade.

I think it would be VERY obvious that successful teams with good evaluators sure show a much higher percentage of picking the right players over the failing teams.

Bottom line the 1st rd of the draft is not anywhere's near the crap shoot that you think it is. Another bottom line with the Bills drafting is clearly talent evaluation and has abslolulty nothing to do with crap shooting

The Bills have traded up (and given up needed picks) to draft Losman and McCargo. They've reached massively on McGahee and Whitner, and they have drafted the wrong player at key need positons with Eric Flowers, Mike Williams and Aaaron Maybin.

Our track record wiht bad drafts is purely 100% evaluation. Think of how different this decade could of been if we had drafted players that so many of the armchair draft experts here on this forum alone had chosen over the mess the Bills braintrust had chosen