PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless

elltrain22
12-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Heard him on TV last night, and I cannot express how much of a douchbag this guy is. He is so pompus, arrogant, and most of time, talks completely out of his butt!! Does anyone else share my sentiments for this jack***?

madness
12-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't know but I saw this on my twitter page yesterday. :rofl:

PatrickMoranBSD - Dear Skip Bayless.. I hate you.. Signed, everybody

Jan Reimers
12-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Bayless seems like a complete ass to me.

Ron Burgundy
Skip's just one of a looooong line of dip**** sports commentators/announcers.

Skip Bayless, Rick Reilly, Mike Lupica, Gregg Easterbrook, Joe Morgan, Joe Buck, Jim Rome, etc., are all terrible people and should not be allowed to soil people's ear canals or eye sockets.

Pinkerton Security
Heard him on TV last night, and I cannot express how much of a douchbag this guy is. He is so pompus, arrogant, and most of time, talks completely out of his butt!! Does anyone else share my sentiments for this jack***?

He's a complete idiot, just another one of those "shock-jocks" if you will that basically says controversial things to boost ratings. Half of these guys arent even as knowledgeable about sports as some of us but are better at getting a rise out of people, hence they have a job!

bigbub2352
12-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Complete *******

Pinkerton Security
12-16-2009, 10:01 AM

Skip Bayless, Mike Lupica, Gregg Easterbrook, Joe Morgan, Joe Buck, Jim Rome, etc., are all terrible people and should not be allowed to soil people's ear canals or eye sockets.

I disagree on Easterbrook, he is actually really smart and is actually a real writer (as in most of the stuff he writes is not about sports even)...the others, yes...I especially hate Joe Morgan.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 10:08 AM
he is gay so what?

Night Train
12-16-2009, 10:10 AM
He's been bad for years on national radio and now this long gig on a C level ESPN filler show in the afternoon.

He must work cheap or likes to kneel for his pay.

Ron Burgundy
12-16-2009, 10:12 AM
I disagree on Easterbrook, he is actually really smart and is actually a real writer (as in most of the stuff he writes is not about sports even)...the others, yes...I especially hate Joe Morgan.

His writing, huh? That's probably why I dislike Greggy so much. To each their own, I reckon.

His pseudo-science, stupid theories (Crabtree has cursed the 49ers and that's why they suck!) and his thinly-veiled distaste of Jewish people all kind of disgust me.

He's on point or funny every once in awhile, but it's few and far between these days. He doesn't regurgitate his own sputum as often as say, Reilly, but it's too damn close for my taste.

FlyingDutchman
12-16-2009, 11:12 AM
110% agree. It befuddles me that espn has this moron on a show. He reminds me of a woman who thinks she knows sports, and just speaks out of her a$$ and says random stuff to look intelligent

DraftBoy
12-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Its sad idiots like this get national shows and guys like Jason Whitlock write some of the best columns out there yet are rarely on PTI, Around the Horn, or First and 10.

Oh Jay Mariotti and Woody Page can both take flying leaps as well.

DesertFox24
12-16-2009, 11:34 AM
What did he say, did not see it.

Stewie
12-16-2009, 11:35 AM
His writing, huh? That's probably why I dislike Greggy so much. To each their own, I reckon.

His pseudo-science, stupid theories (Crabtree has cursed the 49ers and that's why they suck!) and his thinly-veiled distaste of Jewish people all kind of disgust me.

He's on point or funny every once in awhile, but it's few and far between these days. He doesn't regurgitate his own sputum as often as say, Reilly, but it's too damn close for my taste.

I usually skip over anything star trek and space related, and easterbrook has a good shtick but he needs some new tricks.

trapezeus
12-16-2009, 11:39 AM
his thinly-veiled distaste of Jewish people all kind of disgust me.

not being jewish, i haven't picked up on it.

as for his "stupid" theories, i don't think he believes them. i think he's poking fun at commentators and societies ability to correlate unconnected events. it's just funny that he keeps having success with cold coach = winner, scantily clad cheerleaders = win, and going for it on 4th down is a good thing.

since he's been showing all the signs of success on 4th down, a lot more people go for fourth down. again, i'm not correlating his articles to the fact people go for it more, but it does make the nfl more exciting when they do go for it.

i think he's pretty thought provoking. that being said, i read one of his books and it was really dense and a really boring read. i got his premise, but it didn't need to be a book as much as another segment in one of his articles.

Ron Burgundy
12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Its sad idiots like this get national shows and guys like Jason Whitlock write some of the best columns out there yet are rarely on PTI, Around the Horn, or First and 10.

Oh Jay Mariotti and Woody Page can both take flying leaps as well.

You had me until "Jason Whitlock." Mariotti is ******ed, but I treat Paige like a court jester. He's just clowning around for our amusement.

Ron Burgundy
12-16-2009, 11:51 AM
I usually skip over anything star trek and space related, and easterbrook has a good shtick but he needs some new tricks.

I'd skip over it too, if a third of his ******* column every week wasn't devoted to that garbage.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Whitlock is awesome, but is not allowed on ESPN anymore after he butted heads with Lupica.

Jan Reimers
12-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Morgan's arrogance is superceded only by his ignorance.

DraftBoy
12-16-2009, 11:53 AM
You had me until "Jason Whitlock." Mariotti is ******ed, but I treat Paige like a court jester. He's just clowning around for our amusement.

Whitlock is a very good writer, imo.

I dont agree with anything but he's nothing like the idiots listed above.

Paige is a court jester and a fool. The man doesn't know anything but thinks its all one big joke. He's like that other idiot Dan Lebetard.

In all honesty I really enjoy reading what Micheal Wilbon writes, he's better on paper than he is on PTI. Though PTI is by far the best show ESPN puts on imo.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2009, 12:06 PM
I think Paige is drunk most days.

DraftBoy
12-16-2009, 12:12 PM
I think Paige is drunk most days.

That would be acceptable excuse.

Ron Burgundy
12-16-2009, 12:17 PM
not being jewish, i haven't picked up on it.

as for his "stupid" theories, i don't think he believes them. i think he's poking fun at commentators and societies ability to correlate unconnected events. it's just funny that he keeps having success with cold coach = winner, scantily clad cheerleaders = win, and going for it on 4th down is a good thing.

since he's been showing all the signs of success on 4th down, a lot more people go for fourth down. again, i'm not correlating his articles to the fact people go for it more, but it does make the nfl more exciting when they do go for it.

i think he's pretty thought provoking. that being said, i read one of his books and it was really dense and a really boring read. i got his premise, but it didn't need to be a book as much as another segment in one of his articles.

I think he has 'success' with that stuff because he ignores all instances where his theories fail, like when a big blitz forces a turnover or a coach in a parka wins a game.

I do like the idea of going for it on 4th down more often, and he did make a few good points before a lot of folks about the current economic woes, but that doesn't just doesn't cover all the warts for me.

BillsWin
12-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Haha I know Skip from when he worked down here. He can be an ass sometimes, but they tell him to be more arrogant than he really is.

Ron Burgundy
12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Whitlock is a very good writer, imo.

I dont agree with anything but he's nothing like the idiots listed above.

Paige is a court jester and a fool. The man doesn't know anything but thinks its all one big joke. He's like that other idiot Dan Lebetard.

In all honesty I really enjoy reading what Micheal Wilbon writes, he's better on paper than he is on PTI. Though PTI is by far the best show ESPN puts on imo.

He's not a terrible writer, I just think he's intellectually dishonest and his two-years-behind-the-times pop-culturespeak drives me up the wall.

You may notice that my annoyance is on a hair trigger.

Wilbon is excellent and a fantastic read. :up:

Demon
12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
I agree with DraftBoy. I enjoy Jason Whitlock and also Micheal Wilbon is probably the best writer IMO. His stuff from the Washington Post and even guest apperenances on shows like the Dan Patrick Show he shows his true side. On PTI, it's a show for kids i feel like, they make sports "fun" for kids.

Also, back to the topic, theres noone in journalism i hate more then Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd. Those two i could do without.

Also, about Jay Mariotta, he used to be good in the Chicago Tribune. He was always negative, but fun to read. He's a hater. Now working for AOL where he talks about national sports he's not so good and def on ATH he sucks.

trapezeus
12-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I think he has 'success' with that stuff because he ignores all instances where his theories fail, like when a big blitz forces a turnover or a coach in a parka wins a game.

I do like the idea of going for it on 4th down more often, and he did make a few good points before a lot of folks about the current economic woes, but that doesn't just doesn't cover all the warts for me.

no doubt he can be selective on what he is "reporting" with his little stats.

i would be interested on the shots you feel he takes at jews. i've never picked up on it, so i'd be interested to keep an eye out for it in the future.

Jeff1220
12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't always agree with them, but Easterbrook and Whitlock are two of my favorite sports writers. Bayless sucks.

Ron Burgundy
12-16-2009, 02:42 PM
no doubt he can be selective on what he is "reporting" with his little stats.

i would be interested on the shots you feel he takes at jews. i've never picked up on it, so i'd be interested to keep an eye out for it in the future.

I can't link it because ESPN took the original down, however, Google this **** because there are literally reams of writing about it.

From TMQ, during a discussion of why Greggy-poo hates Kill Bill (the answer is because he's a big pussy and kung-fu movies are just too violent OMG!!):

"Disney’s CEO, Michael Eisner, is Jewish; the chief of Miramax, Harvey Weinstein, is Jewish. Yes, there are plenty of Christian and other Hollywood executives who worship money above all else, promoting for profit the adulation of violence. Does that make it right for Jewish executives to worship money above all else, by promoting for profit the adulation of violence? "

Gregg's also one of those intelligent design morons. Every time he writes something about science, go to some reputable scientist/science journal and see what they think of his thoughts. He's had his **** ruined so many times by professionals that it's almost comic at this point.

Slightly off-topic:

KSK is a phenomenal site and I encourage everyone who hasn't read it (and it's been around for awhile so I'm sure there are some fans here) to check it out for big laughs. Here, they sort of summarize how I feel about TMQ.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/12/tuesday-morning-pretentious.html

Drew Magary, I ****ing love you. :heart:

Oldbillsfan
12-16-2009, 04:04 PM

Skip Bayless, Rick Reilly, Mike Lupica, Gregg Easterbrook, Joe Morgan, Joe Buck, Jim Rome, etc., are all terrible people and should not be allowed to soil people's ear canals or eye sockets.

Agrreed. Id' rather watch to Ron Burgandy than any of the above. lol

DesertFox24
12-17-2009, 07:19 AM
What to Skip say to make PatrickDMoran call him an ASS?????

patmoran2006
12-17-2009, 09:01 AM

I hate him more than any other media member in the world.