PDA

View Full Version : My dream offseason and first round

DesertFox24
12-16-2009, 11:33 AM
First and foremost we get a football Czar and he does whatever he wants with the scouting and pro player.

Second we hire head coach that has been a successful assistant on winning teams, Russ Grimm is my guy folks. He brings in his staff and decides we are running a 34 defense.

FA
Jeff Garcia QB (with locker staying Clausen and Bradford will be off the board so we are not going to get the elite guy this year)
Ryan Pickett NT (perfect NT to play right now and help the young guys we draft)
One vet OL (might be able to get Jarred Gaither from the Ravens since they drafted Oher, if we were to give him LT money no way the ravens could match in my opinion).
Two vet 34 LB

Draft time
1st round Rolando McClain
1st round (trade our second and some other picks to get back in bottom of first round) Dan Williams/Terrance Cody
2nd traded for first
3rd Sean Canefield Oregon State QB Big, Tall, Accurate, a good developmental guy to go along with Brohm and Garcia (edwards and fitz are gone).
4th and later we draft OL and defense front 7

Yes I know I did not answer for sure the LT issue, but I think this would give us the best chance to be successful next year and compete.

Below is my D depth chart

RE - Schobel, Kelsay, Spencer Johnson (Schobel and Kelsay would have to get bigger and I know it is not the best option but it will have to work till we can get bigger and better there).

NT - Picket, Cody, Kyle Williams

LE- Stroud, Williams, Johnson (best man win no particular order)

OLB - Mitchell, Chris Ellis, Rookie (Chris Ellis was viewed as a potential 34 OLB during the draft give him a look in the preseason and see what happens)

ILB - McClain, Palmer, Vet
ILB- Poz, Harris, Vet (same vet as above)

OLB - Maybin, OLB Vet, Rookie (same rookie as above different vet than ILB)

Secondary is fine as it is.

Yeah I know it is not the best situation we have some guys that are 43 players trying to play 34 positions but I think it could work for next year.

The key is if Kelsay and Schobel could play RE, I think Stroud, Johnson, Williams would do well on the left side especially Williams because he is quicker but I am not sure about the right side.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

DraftBoy
12-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Its not too bad at all.

ddaryl
12-16-2009, 11:46 AM
FA
Jeff Garcia QB (with locker staying Clausen and Bradford will be off the board so we are not going to get the elite guy this year)
Ryan Pickett NT (perfect NT to play right now and help the young guys we draft)

If we really fancy a 1st rd QB I think we can package a swap of 1st rd picks and a player like Lynch to move up if we decide to go that route.... It all comes dow to what spot we do pick at....

but overall your offseason would work for me as you described it.

BillsWin
12-16-2009, 12:24 PM
I actually liked it.

Jaybird
12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
not bad not bad, I am not all for the 3-4 like most of you, but i don;t mind the change in scheme.

I would be surprised is MCclain is not a stud.

ParanoidAndroid
12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Not bad except Kelsay or Schobel as 3-4 ends. They will get run over.

bigbub2352
12-16-2009, 01:32 PM
nice post man and very realistic good work!

DesertFox24
12-16-2009, 04:13 PM
I was not high on the 34 either, but I really hate this cover 2.

I do not mind a 43, but we need to be a 43 like we were with Pat and Sam, and bigger LBs.

That being said Shanny has said he is running 34, and I think with the recent shift towards 34 because of the more complex blitz schemes and different things that can be done with it.

Either way I would be surprised if we do not change the Defensive philosophy.

DesertFox24
12-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Also why does everyone want to trade the 23 year old Lynch????

If any season proved you need two good backs in the league this was the season.

That being said we need a 3rd RB and Javarrius James from the U is Fred Jackson Junior. He is not a burner but will block, run hard, and catch the ball well. We really should snag him up if he is on the board in round 4.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I am down for this.

I am warming more and more to Grimm as well. I have heard MANY good things about the guy.

Demon
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
not bad not bad, I am not all for the 3-4 like most of you, but i don;t mind the change in scheme.

I would be surprised is MCclain is not a stud.

Same here. He's super quick, reads plays very well and very strong. Also, great against the run.

Anyone see his tackle on Tebow? I don't like Tebow one bit but that doesn't change the fact he's one of the toughest guys to get down.... McClain took him down with 1 arm. Crazy....

T-Long
12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
McCalin = Ray Lewis

Where do I sign up please?