PDA

View Full Version : Head Coach and Player movement contradiction

Jaybird
12-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Many of you like or have been warming up to the idea of Russ Grimm for HC (assuming shanny or a big name guy won't sign).

Let's assume the Bills hire Grimm;

HE WILL NOT TRADE LYNCH.

Grimm is a product of the Steelers organization, he would love the combination of lynch and jackson in his backfield. ML is not having a good season, however, the boy is still talented and can punish a D with his running style, something that would excite Grimm. His coaching style is all about the run and stopping it, I am all for it

FYI Grimm was an all pro Guard during his playing days.

T-Long
12-16-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't mind the possibility of hiring Grimm...really seems like a Buffalo hard ass coach type of guy. And, I don't want Lynch traded at all...I think him and Jackson are a great one two punch

tampabay25690
12-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I have no problem hiring him as well...
Will bring a hard nose attitude back to this team...

G Wolly
12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
If he can teach Lynch to stop running to the outside and dancing as opposed to running forward, I'm all for it.

Jan Reimers
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Grimm would be a good hire, and keeping Lynch is a no-brainer. Why disrupt one of our few positions of strength?

Demon
12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Grimm, or any other hire, will not trade Lynch.

Mahdi
12-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Grimm, or any other hire, will not trade Lynch.
Precisely.

HAMMER
12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Marshawn needs to stop pussy footing and hit the "hole", it is getting frustrating.

Jeff1220
12-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I would prefer Grimm with a good GM and coordinators to a retread HC with GM duties and questionable coordinators.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Ive been preaching Grimm since last offseason. He'd be perfect for B-lo.

ddaryl
12-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Grimm would be a good hire, and keeping Lynch is a no-brainer. Why disrupt one of our few positions of strength?

because Lynch type RB's are a dime a dozen

and if there is any scenario where trading a guy like Lynch, when we already have Jackson, nets a player or a chance to move up in the draft and get a player then I say do it.

It all comes down to value, and I place a lot more value on DL OL and LB for the Bills over a RB

k-oneputt
12-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Lynch isn't the problem. And Evans isn't the problem. We all know where the problems are on offense.
If you trade Lynch for a pick you will have to use a pick to replace him. He shouldn't go anywhere.

bigbub2352
12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Any real effective team has 2 solid RBs
no team in there right mind allows there starting RB return kicks
and no team goes in with 2 RBs on the roster u dont even do that in Madden
also if u have FB on the roster u use him properly or dont have one at all so Mcyntire i have no idea why he is here cause he sucks horribly as a lead blocker
that being said if Grimm were to come here he would defintly want both freddie and lynch
we need this to be a strength for a young OLine and young QB this is football 101

RockStar36
12-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Good.

Trading Lynch would be a mistake.

Every team needs more than one good runner and Buffalo is fortunate to be strong in this area.

G Wolly
12-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Every team needs more than one good runner and Buffalo is fortunate to be strong in this area.

Regardless if whether he should actually stay or go, Lynch doesn't deserve the starting spot.

We had the most production out of the run game in the first 3 games of the season WITHOUT Lynch.

And he just comes back and has his job handed back to him? Pathetic.

Maybe he shouldn't leave necesarilly, but he's only good enough for short down runs.