• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

No plans for Brohm

Just wanted to let you Zoners know that at media day today, Alex Van Pelt said the team has no plans to use Brian Brohm this year at all, and they don't think he's ready.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: No plans for Brohm

however, Perry Fewell despite saying it would put him in a bad situation did say "never say never"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Just wanted to let you Zoners know that at media day today, Alex Van Pelt said the team has no plans to use Brian Brohm this year at all, and they don't think he's ready.
      That's funny because by looking at it Fitz doesn't look too ready either, or he just stinks every week. They must be coaching Brohm up

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

CB just posted an article saying Brohm is ready if called on.

bills coaching staff and a bils player not on the same level?... shocking!

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I say let the guy have a quarter of action in each of the last 3 games. At least a small taste to give him something to digest in the offseason for next year. DOn't start him and don't force him to play the entire game, but I really feel he should be allowed a little action...

but our OL is a disaster and if he did get injured that would suck even more, so I'm torn. I want him to play so I have a reason to watch.... I don't want him injured and having recponstructive surgery in the offseason either

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Please no. When Fitz came in, we all were impressed with his awareness and pocket presence. I've seen that dwindle down to Trent status the past few weeks. No QB will progress behind this OL.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

i say Brohm plays the last game of the season
              what do we have to lose?
              anyone who thinks Fewell is next HC needs to have there head examined
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Playing Brohm would be suicide for Fewell IMO and i do think he's given the chance to "coach for his job" although probably not our job. Still, i think they have given him the chance to go out and showcase himself to the NFL and hopefully land a job somewhere else.

If he plays Brohm vs. Pats (for example) and he's horrid and we get killed, Fewell will look bad. If he plays Brohm against Atlanta or Colts (assuming we lose to the Pats with Fitz) and Brohm plays well and throws for like 220 yards or something, then Fewell will get killed for not seeing the talent on his bench and for not playing him earlier.

Fewell needs a great game against the Patriots and keep it close all game. He'll play the guys he's confident in. Fewell lays an egg and Pats blow us out, Fewell can kiss good bye any HC interview he might have had.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                  i say Brohm plays the last game of the season
                  what do we have to lose?
                  Everything. we don't have the coaches to help rookies and new talent get to the next level. he'll be toast before he even heads into 2010. Can you imagine having 3 broken QB's on the roster?

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                    • Feb 2009

Ralph and Brandon likely told fewell and the rest of the staff to stay the FU$% away from thier NEW QB project. Save him for the next, hopefully proven, coach.
                    "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

Fewell's an idiot who I can't wait to be gone!

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352

I would say the same thing about anyone who thinks Brohm should be thrown in there when he's not ready.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          Hopefully, the Bills have no plans to use Alex Van Pelt next year.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Typ0
                            I would say the same thing about anyone who thinks Brohm should be thrown in there when he's not ready.
                            How could he not be ready? How could he be less ready then the alternative? Id our Offense complicated? Am I missing something? Even rookies start in this league at QB every year.

Are we afraid his ego will be hurt, or his confidence shaken? His feelings injured? QBs get picked up and start under less ideal situations all the time. Didn't the Lions start Culpepper after a day of practice last year?
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                              How could he not be ready? How could he be less ready then the alternative? Id our Offense complicated? Am I missing something? Even rookies start in this league at QB every year.

Are we afraid his ego will be hurt, or his confidence shaken? His feelings injured? QBs get picked up and start under less ideal situations all the time. Didn't the Lions start Culpepper after a day of practice last year?

But Culpepper was ready and able to process the information at an NFL level. Anyone that isn't is going to get crushed at minimum and could get a lot of different people hurt. Coupled with the fact that our OLine is also not ready this is a very bad recipe to be putting on the field. So you think they should have taken the time and effort to get Brohm and then just throw him out there so he can get his head knocked around for a few weeks because he's going to be incapable? What was the point of getting him in the first place then?

Comment

Working...
                              X