PDA

View Full Version : No plans for Brohm

patmoran2006
12-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Just wanted to let you Zoners know that at media day today, Alex Van Pelt said the team has no plans to use Brian Brohm this year at all, and they don't think he's ready.

patmoran2006
12-16-2009, 02:04 PM
however, Perry Fewell despite saying it would put him in a bad situation did say "never say never"

k-oneputt
12-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Just wanted to let you Zoners know that at media day today, Alex Van Pelt said the team has no plans to use Brian Brohm this year at all, and they don't think he's ready.

That's funny because by looking at it Fitz doesn't look too ready either, or he just stinks every week. They must be coaching Brohm up:whistling

Jaybird
12-16-2009, 02:05 PM
CB just posted an article saying Brohm is ready if called on.

bills coaching staff and a bils player not on the same level?... shocking!

ddaryl
12-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I say let the guy have a quarter of action in each of the last 3 games. At least a small taste to give him something to digest in the offseason for next year. DOn't start him and don't force him to play the entire game, but I really feel he should be allowed a little action...

but our OL is a disaster and if he did get injured that would suck even more, so I'm torn. I want him to play so I have a reason to watch.... I don't want him injured and having recponstructive surgery in the offseason either

madness
12-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Please no. When Fitz came in, we all were impressed with his awareness and pocket presence. I've seen that dwindle down to Trent status the past few weeks. No QB will progress behind this OL.

bigbub2352
12-16-2009, 02:37 PM
i say Brohm plays the last game of the season
what do we have to lose?
anyone who thinks Fewell is next HC needs to have there head examined

Demon
12-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Playing Brohm would be suicide for Fewell IMO and i do think he's given the chance to "coach for his job" although probably not our job. Still, i think they have given him the chance to go out and showcase himself to the NFL and hopefully land a job somewhere else.

If he plays Brohm vs. Pats (for example) and he's horrid and we get killed, Fewell will look bad. If he plays Brohm against Atlanta or Colts (assuming we lose to the Pats with Fitz) and Brohm plays well and throws for like 220 yards or something, then Fewell will get killed for not seeing the talent on his bench and for not playing him earlier.

Fewell needs a great game against the Patriots and keep it close all game. He'll play the guys he's confident in. Fewell lays an egg and Pats blow us out, Fewell can kiss good bye any HC interview he might have had.

trapezeus
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
i say Brohm plays the last game of the season
what do we have to lose?

Everything. we don't have the coaches to help rookies and new talent get to the next level. he'll be toast before he even heads into 2010. Can you imagine having 3 broken QB's on the roster?

Dying_-2-_Live
12-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Ralph and Brandon likely told fewell and the rest of the staff to stay the FU$% away from thier NEW QB project. Save him for the next, hopefully proven, coach.

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Fewell's an idiot who I can't wait to be gone!

Typ0
12-16-2009, 05:09 PM

I would say the same thing about anyone who thinks Brohm should be thrown in there when he's not ready.

X-Era
12-16-2009, 07:45 PM

Hopefully, the Bills have no plans to use Alex Van Pelt next year.

yordad
12-17-2009, 07:44 AM
I would say the same thing about anyone who thinks Brohm should be thrown in there when he's not ready.How could he not be ready? How could he be less ready then the alternative? Id our Offense complicated? Am I missing something? Even rookies start in this league at QB every year.

Are we afraid his ego will be hurt, or his confidence shaken? His feelings injured? QBs get picked up and start under less ideal situations all the time. Didn't the Lions start Culpepper after a day of practice last year?

Typ0
12-17-2009, 10:55 AM
How could he not be ready? How could he be less ready then the alternative? Id our Offense complicated? Am I missing something? Even rookies start in this league at QB every year.

Are we afraid his ego will be hurt, or his confidence shaken? His feelings injured? QBs get picked up and start under less ideal situations all the time. Didn't the Lions start Culpepper after a day of practice last year?

But Culpepper was ready and able to process the information at an NFL level. Anyone that isn't is going to get crushed at minimum and could get a lot of different people hurt. Coupled with the fact that our OLine is also not ready this is a very bad recipe to be putting on the field. So you think they should have taken the time and effort to get Brohm and then just throw him out there so he can get his head knocked around for a few weeks because he's going to be incapable? What was the point of getting him in the first place then?

yordad
12-17-2009, 11:46 AM
But Culpepper was ready and able to process the information at an NFL level. Anyone that isn't is going to get crushed at minimum and could get a lot of different people hurt. Coupled with the fact that our OLine is also not ready this is a very bad recipe to be putting on the field. So you think they should have taken the time and effort to get Brohm and then just throw him out there so he can get his head knocked around for a few weeks because he's going to be incapable? What was the point of getting him in the first place then?This is Brohm's 4th pro system in the past 4 years. He had no trouble learning the second. And, this is probably the least complicated of all of them.

Griff
12-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Please no. When Fitz came in, we all were impressed with his awareness and pocket presence. I've seen that dwindle down to Trent status the past few weeks. No QB will progress behind this OL.

awareness and pocket presence? the only thing fitz ever had going for him was his big brass boys.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 12:34 PM
This is Brohm's 4th pro system in the past 4 years. He had no trouble learning the second. And, this is probably the least complicated of all of them.

What are you talking about? He's never even been on a squad before!

yordad
12-17-2009, 12:45 PM
What are you talking about? He's never even been on a squad before!He wasn't on Greenbay's team last year? He didn't go from one pro style offense as a junior to a different prostyle offense as a senior in college (coaching change)?

Dude, you have never seen him play, ever. You shouldn't be debating about a guy you never heard of until we picked him up.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 01:22 PM
He wasn't on Greenbay's team last year? He didn't go from one pro style offense as a junior to a different prostyle offense as a senior in college (coaching change)?

Dude, you have never seen him play, ever. You shouldn't be debating about a guy you never heard of until we picked him up.

Being on a practice squad is not even practicing with the pro players. Neither is being on a college team. It's not your right to tell me what to talk about.

Beebe's Kid
12-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I would agree with this statement, but this guy has played preseason. He has to get on the field sometime. If he has only been on the PS, with nothing but time to get acquainted with our offense, which is figured out by DC's week after week, what do we really have here?

I see the opinion above that if Fewell didn't know what he had, then he will look bad...I think he is still withing the grey area, where he was letting Brohm prepare, but that is getting darker.

It is amazing that after a few horrible starts, Fitzy had poise and pocket presence....and now he looks worse than Trent ever did. Our team is a black effing hole for QB's.

Trent is obviously not going to play. Whatever happened, happened, and he is done. If you want to put the team that gives us the best chance of winning on the field, how could you look me in the eye and tell me Fitzy is your QB??

If we don't see Brohm, maybe we could let Steve Johnson play QB... I know the fans are dying to see his star shine!!

Typ0
12-17-2009, 02:03 PM
He is going to get a chance. Fitz is playing because he's the guy that won't be here next year. Brohm will be here when training camp starts, TE will be here and there will be another guy here. They are working on positioning themselves as best possible for the upcomming season already which is not a bad move considering how hard it is to get a QB.

I would agree with this statement, but this guy has played preseason. He has to get on the field sometime. If he has only been on the PS, with nothing but time to get acquainted with our offense, which is figured out by DC's week after week, what do we really have here?

I see the opinion above that if Fewell didn't know what he had, then he will look bad...I think he is still withing the grey area, where he was letting Brohm prepare, but that is getting darker.

It is amazing that after a few horrible starts, Fitzy had poise and pocket presence....and now he looks worse than Trent ever did. Our team is a black effing hole for QB's.

Trent is obviously not going to play. Whatever happened, happened, and he is done. If you want to put the team that gives us the best chance of winning on the field, how could you look me in the eye and tell me Fitzy is your QB??

If we don't see Brohm, maybe we could let Steve Johnson play QB... I know the fans are dying to see his star shine!!

yordad
12-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Being on a practice squad is not even practicing with the pro players. Neither is being on a college team. It's not your right to tell me what to talk about.Is it my right to tell you what ever I want as long as I am not infringing upon your rights.

I guess in your world being on the practice squad isn't practicing, :headscrat , so why would I bother continuing to debate.

Let me ask, have you ever seen him play? I already know the answer is "no", but lets see if you have the gull to say it.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Is it my right to tell you what ever I want as long as I am not infringing upon your rights.

I guess in your world being on the practice squad isn't practicing, :headscrat , so why would I bother continuing to debate.

Let me ask, have you ever seen him play? I already know the answer is "no", but lets see if you have the gull to say it.

I've never seen him play because he's never done squat to earn the job of playing anywhere that people would actually see him.

yordad
12-17-2009, 08:13 PM
I've never seen him play because he's never done squat to earn the job of playing anywhere that people would actually see him.Ladies and gents of the jury, I rest my case.

yordad
12-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Being on a practice squad is not even practicing with the pro players.One more thing... although I am not sure how being on an NFL practice squad means one is not practicing with NFL players, I thought you might like to know Brohm was on GBs 53 man roster last year. :up:

Typ0
12-17-2009, 09:27 PM
One more thing... although I am not sure how being on an NFL practice squad means one is not practicing with NFL players, I thought you might like to know Brohm was on GBs 53 man roster last year. :up:

isn't it against the rules to be on a practice squad if you've been on an active roster for a season? How is what you say true?

You can argue with me all you want the guy was on a practice squad for a reason and you don't know any more than I do about the situation. He was on a practice squad because he wasn't good enough to make the roster and he's not playing now because he's not good enough. If you want to believe contrary to that just to spout off and make an arguement then go ahead.

yordad
12-17-2009, 09:34 PM
isn't it against the rules to be on a practice squad if you've been on an active roster for a season? How is what you say true?

You can argue with me all you want the guy was on a practice squad for a reason and you don't know any more than I do about the situation. He was on a practice squad because he wasn't good enough to make the roster and he's not playing now because he's not good enough. If you want to believe contrary to that just to spout off and make an arguement then go ahead.Research it if you want. I do find it funny you say we don't know anything about the situation, and then in the same e-breathe you make assuptions.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Research it if you want. I do find it funny you say we don't know anything about the situation, and then in the same e-breathe you make assuptions.

I didn't say we don't know anything. What we know is he was taken off a practice squad and he's not playing here. Just because you itch to see what he's like doesn't mean he should be playing. Why don't you apply for the coaching job so you can see what's going on?

yordad
12-17-2009, 09:51 PM
I didn't say we don't know anything. What we know is he was taken off a practice squad and he's not playing here. Just because you itch to see what he's like doesn't mean he should be playing. Why don't you apply for the coaching job so you can see what's going on?Lets just stick to the facts. Fact is, you do not know he isn't going to play here.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Lets just stick to the facts. Fact is, you do not know he isn't going to play here.

well...that's what we've been told by the coaching staff. Fact is, we've been told more about his not playing than playing. Fact is, you have zero indication he should even have a chance to play this year. Fact is, you don't know he is going to play here ever. Fact is, the guy could be a complete basket case these days and we would know nothing about it. No matter how much of a Brohm expert you claim to be, fact is, you're in the dark just like the rest of us.

However, it's not an assumption that there is a reason he was on GB practice squad not the roster and there is a reason the entire staff is downplaying his ability to play for this team right now. Fact is, seeing Brohm play is what you want, therefore everyone else whose really involved and has him sitting on the sidelines is clueless.

Nighthawk
12-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's a fact that most of the people on the Bills' sidelines are clueless.

yordad
12-17-2009, 10:05 PM
well...that's what we've been told by the coaching staff. Fact is, we've been told more about his not playing than playing. Fact is, you have zero indication he should even have a chance to play this year. Fact is, you don't know he is going to play here ever. Fact is, the guy could be a complete basket case these days and we would know nothing about it. No matter how much of a Brohm expert you claim to be, fact is, you're in the dark just like the rest of us.

However, it's not an assumption that there is a reason he was on GB practice squad not the roster and there is a reason the entire staff is downplaying his ability to play for this team right now. Fact is, seeing Brohm play is what you want, therefore everyone else whose really involved and has him sitting on the sidelines is clueless.Fact is, you have trouble identifying facts.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's a fact that most of the people on the Bills' sidelines are clueless.

maybe you can get yordad to hire you as an assistant.

I just think more of people in general than that. I find it hard to believe that a group of people who've worked so hard so long are that incompetent. That doesn't mean they are guaranteed success they need the right mix of things for that but they aren't clueless.

Nighthawk
12-17-2009, 10:08 PM
maybe you can get yordad to hire you as an assistant.

I just think more of people in general than that. I find it hard to believe that a group of people who've worked so hard so long are that incompetent. That doesn't mean they are guaranteed success they need the right mix of things for that but they aren't clueless.

Eh...I think you're reaching to make your point.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Eh...I think you're reaching to make your point.

It's late. I'm tired. I'm talking in general with that comment though. Clueless is a little extreem even for those guys. Inexperienced yes. Less quality than we'd like, yes. But not clueless they were able to not play as bad as other teams and get a couple Ws.

Nighthawk
12-17-2009, 10:22 PM
It's late. I'm tired. I'm talking in general with that comment though. Clueless is a little extreem even for those guys. Inexperienced yes. Less quality than we'd like, yes. But not clueless they were able to not play as bad as other teams and get a couple Ws.

Haven't you said that the reason they won was because the other team was more inept then the Bills? I understand your point, but like you've said, it's late and you're beginning to talk in circles. Let's just put it this way...the Bills coaches are not very good, maybe Brohm isn't very good and we won't know until next year.

Griff
12-18-2009, 03:32 AM
I like how yordad thinks being demoted is a sign of competence.

yordad
12-18-2009, 09:19 PM
I like how yordad thinks being demoted is a sign of competence.I think this is funny coming from a guy on Trents jock. Oh, and where did I say that? All I know is I would like to see they guy make regular season NFL passes before we draft a QB in the top 10.

X-Era
12-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Gotta post this here too:

Dont sleep on Brohm... I was a huge fan coming out of college... the kid can play. I want to see him on the field before just discarding him or benching him outright.

From 2006:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ighlight=brohm (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=112440&highlight=brohm)

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ighlight=brohm (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=108481&highlight=brohm)

realdealryan
12-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I can't help but thinking we'd see a Louisville starting lineup reunion of Wood snapping to Brohm at some point late season if Eric didn't have his leg snapped...