PDA

View Full Version : Aren't the Bills playing the Patriots this week?

billistic
12-16-2009, 03:21 PM
This is the Bills 2009 "Super Bowl".

They can spoil the Patriots chances to win the Division, and really help topple their dynasty.

Complete silence on this board. Why?

Demon
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Bills' super bowl?

The Bills had 86 passing yards against the KC Chiefs!

And previous week, we passed for like 44 in the second half.

Why anybody would be excited is beyond me.

billistic
12-16-2009, 03:36 PM
I voted "other" because playing the Patriots is like an eternal nightmare. They are ripe for a beating, but the Bills will execute a losing strategy somehow. Count on it.

billistic
12-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Bills' super bowl?
The Bills had 86 passing yards against the KC Chiefs!
And previous week, we passed for like 44 in the second half.
Why anybody would be excited is beyond me.

This is the Bills only chance not to be 100% irrelevant.

ddaryl
12-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I really would like to see a hard fought game but we lose in the end. No matter what anyone says I'd rather have better offseason positioning in the draft. I have my reasons and the reasons from those that disagree make no sense to me. We have more ammo with a better draft slot and that will be a big help to a new GM who may want to trade back or have a shot at a top player...

billistic
12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
so, the Bills have two good receivers but no quarterback...

so, the Bills have two good running backs, but no offensive line to block for them...

so, the Bills don't have enough healthy players left to put anyone on the inactive list...

With some good coaching they can make up for that.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Leave me alone man.

cocamide
12-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I think the Patriots are gonna Tennessee-Titan us this week with a 59-0 shellacking. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us win and help reduce the Patsies chance of making the playoffs, but this game just seems like it's the type where we get slaughtered.

Demon
12-16-2009, 03:54 PM
I think the Patriots are gonna Tennessee-Titan us this week with a 59-0 shellacking. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us win and help reduce the Patsies chance of making the playoffs, but this game just seems like it's the type where we get slaughtered.

I agree. I think if Jauron was our coach, we'd be doing better then we are with Fewell. I'm just so unimpressed by his coaching. The only thing to get excited about is losing and fast forwarding to April til the draft. We need a whole new coaching staff and a whole new front office. Hoping to win against the Patriots? The last 2 wins we've had was not us winning but opponents giving us the wins.

I'm so sick of it all.

trapezeus
12-16-2009, 03:59 PM
beating the pats now is like having a great comeback after everyone's already left the room.

I want the bills to beat the pats in a meaninful game where we need the game for our season. I want the place to be electric like it was when they won in 2003. That game was crazy. Those two weeks were perhaps the best 2 weeks of the decade for bills fans. that game and the beatdown we gave jax, we literally thought we put everything together. Then reality happened and we've been here ever since.

Oldbillsfan
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I think the Bills could beat them right now. The Browns beat the Steelers. Bad week for the Panthers to call out Moss though.

HAMMER
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
If we can run the ball well we will have a shot. Lets go Buffalo!

billistic
12-16-2009, 04:12 PM
beating the pats now is like having a great comeback after everyone's already left the room.

To me, a victory here essentially redeems the awful season. It's highly unlikely, but drawing the third ace is certainly rewarding, n'est ce pas?

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 04:19 PM
To me, a victory here essentially redeems the awful season. It's highly unlikely, but drawing the third ace is certainly rewarding, n'est ce pas?
I do agree. This is our playoff game this year.

T-Long
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I think the Bills could beat them right now. The Browns beat the Steelers. Bad week for the Panthers to call out Moss though.
dude, your avatar is sweet

Oldbillsfan
12-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks, I fell asleep during that game. I was so pumped too... Go Toronto Bills! yawn.

Just read Brady is banged up and may take the week off.

billistic
12-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Granted, the Bills are a second division team, for sure, but...

* Devil Belichick exposed his Achille's heel on the 4th down blunder that gave the game to the Colts. He's also hurt morale with the Adalius Thomas incident.

*Tom Brady <<<< 2007

*Randy Moss is in the middle of a Turdell Owens moment.

*The Patriots O-line is having a bad year.

*The Patriots DBs stink.

*The Bills players know this their only remaining opportunity.

trapezeus
12-16-2009, 04:38 PM

* Devil Belichick exposed his Achille's heel on the 4th down blunder that gave the game to the Colts. He's also hurt morale with the Adalius Thomas incident.

*Tom Brady <<<< 2007

*The Patriots DBs stink.

sounds like the bills can't win then. if they win, these are the knocks why the game is meaningless. if they lose then you get "we didn't beat them and these were the ways the pats suck"

i'm trying not to get too emotionally into this, but i know when the tv goes on, and the commentators cream over the pats, i'm going to be going crazy.

I just want to be entertained for the 3 hours. no more sub 100 yard passing games, no more field goal battles....just play an entertaining game, if they lose, fine. just don't bore me to death.

billistic
12-16-2009, 04:44 PM
sounds like the bills can't win then.

How many people predicted that the iceberg would sink the Titanic?

Syderick
12-16-2009, 08:36 PM

*Tom Brady <<<< 2007

*The Patriots DBs stink.

However:

*Bills Defence can't stop the run

*Bills Offense can't score much points

*Bills O-line is having a bad year

*It's the Patriots (12 straight wins over the Bills)

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
It's another game in a losing season...nothing more, nothing less.

Patti120
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I agree. I think if Jauron was our coach, we'd be doing better then we are with Fewell. I'm just so unimpressed by his coaching. The only thing to get excited about is losing and fast forwarding to April til the draft. We need a whole new coaching staff and a whole new front office. Hoping to win against the Patriots? The last 2 wins we've had was not us winning but opponents giving us the wins.

I'm so sick of it all.

um....no... about doing better if we had Dick, but yes, def. excited about the offseason and agree about the new coaching staff. Think we get slaughtered? probably, actually, I'm sure of it but lets hope that our bum FO (or Ralph) brings in some new bums that somehow pull it together, otherwise we will see the DJ, MM, GW years all over again.

mybills
12-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Well, I finally get to watch the Bills on my own TV. No trying to track what's happening on nfl game center..nice! :up:

They better beat NE. I hate talking to people around here(RI) when they don't. :down:

billistic
12-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Without Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork, the offense might be able to string together a few drives using Jackson and Lynch. Things are looking a little better.

Typ0
12-19-2009, 10:57 AM
week one was our superbowl. We lost. It was all downhill after that.

billistic
12-19-2009, 01:56 PM
week one was our superbowl. We lost. It was all downhill after that.

It's the End of Days...

Typ0
12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
It's all OK with me. I figured we were done when Turk got fired the week before the season. That just pointed to an absolutely ******ed organization and ****** means behind.