PDA

View Full Version : G Richie Incognito coming to Buffalo

Demon
12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
G Richie Incognito, who Rams waived Tuesday, was claimed by Buffalo. Dolphins also put in a waiver claim for him, but Buffalo got him.

Dicknoze69
12-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Decent player, but he's ***** dirty. Head butts, eye gouging, bending fingers backwards, you name it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 04:26 PM
YES!!!!

trapezeus
12-16-2009, 04:27 PM
a lineman by the name incognito has arrived for the last 3 weeks to help our line from the worst team in football. now i've seen it all.

T-Long
12-16-2009, 04:27 PM
YES!!!!! I can not believe they got this monster! hahaha I love it. Great job!

Oldbillsfan
12-16-2009, 04:28 PM
eye gouging? Awesome! Start him vs the Pats and Wilfork (aka big elbow)!!!

Demon
12-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Decent player, but he's ***** dirty. Head butts, eye gouging, bending fingers backwards, you name it.

Yeah, good player and dirty. Maybe it's what our line needs. lol Some attitude.

Jaybird
12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
That's what i like in a lineman!!

As long as he has self control. he can hurt a team with stupid penalties. He had 2 personal foul calls against him during his last game. That was his last chance with the rams

Dicknoze69
12-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm hoping getting cut by the Rams makes him tone it down a bit (he got two 15-yard penalties for headbutting against the Titans), but you gotta love lineman having that nasty streak.

T-Long
12-16-2009, 04:35 PM
He is going to be solid depth at the position. This guy just reeks of a Bills player that we'll love. Great pickup by the F.O. Hell, he could play this week

Jaybird
12-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Is he signed just for the remainder of the season??

anyone have any info??

Romes
12-16-2009, 04:39 PM
I wonder if they'll recognize him when he arrives...

Dicknoze69
12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Is he signed just for the remainder of the season??

anyone have any info??

According to this article, his contract is up after this season.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/round-two/round-two/2009/12/should-rams-have-cut-incognito-earlier/

billistic
12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Sounds like he may have pulled kind of a Jason Peters to get off an awful Rams team...

Oh, never mind...

trapezeus
12-16-2009, 04:41 PM
how many times do we hear this, "he has a nasty streak" or "he plays with an edge"??? butler is that guy, wood is that guy....the line isn't that great still. and what are we going to do when wood gets back, carry the 3 G or move wood over to center?

I think the chances of watching this guy jump offsides in a home game is a bigger probability than him being a meaningful player.

Let's keep the john guy train of useless people keep on coming through.

Oldbillsfan
12-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Start him!!!

Canadian'eh!
12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Rams fans DESPISE him. Takes HORRIBLE personal fouls and HORRIBLE times. Not a great player, though ok....

Demon
12-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Rams fans DESPISE him. Takes HORRIBLE personal fouls and HORRIBLE times. Not a great player, though ok....

Good enough to start 9 games for them though.

The Spaz
12-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Read Darryl Talley's tweets about him...lol

RT @ProFootballTalk Bills add Richie Incognito http://is.gd/5qtmn #NFL--BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YR. THE GUYS A BUM. DIRTY AND ALWAYS...

... WILL BE. REALLY WISH I WAS PLAYIN RITE NOW. SERIOUSLY... I KNO WE'RE N NEED OF OLINE BUT THIS GUY SUKS BALLS.

billistic
12-16-2009, 04:54 PM
The Bills already have plenty of bad. It's about time the added some dumb. Kugler will straigten him out.

EDS
12-16-2009, 04:59 PM

A 1-15 team's trash is the Bills treasure. Hard to believe it has come to this.

kernowboy
12-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Can play some Center as well - he's only the 7th dirtiest player in the league. He's a starter quality though, pretty fast for a G and with a wonderlic of 32, you'd have though might have been brighter when in the uniform

Mike13
12-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Kyle Turley thinks this guy is bat**** insane.

DynaPaul
12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
At this point in the season we'd start Adolph Hitler at G if he could play.

The Spaz
12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I say start him this week and have him go right after Wilfork...lol

Demon
12-16-2009, 05:17 PM

RT @ProFootballTalk Bills add Richie Incognito http://is.gd/5qtmn #NFL--BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YR. THE GUYS A BUM. DIRTY AND ALWAYS...

... WILL BE. REALLY WISH I WAS PLAYIN RITE NOW. SERIOUSLY... I KNO WE'RE N NEED OF OLINE BUT THIS GUY SUKS BALLS.

Talley didn't say it. Kawika Mitchell did.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-16-2009, 05:19 PM

Why the **** would a guy on IR take shots at a player on the team? He's a Bll dirty or not, why take shots especially if your injured and not on the field!

Demon
12-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Why the **** would a guy on IR take shots at a player on the team? He's a Bll dirty or not, why take shots especially if your injured and not on the field!

Just shows what a mess our team is...

T-Long
12-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Wrong. Mitchell Re-Tweeted what Talley said.

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Play him at Guard...swing Levitre out to tackle and see if he (Levitre) can play the position in the NFL.

Scumbag College
12-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I hope he eye gouges Fat Boy Wilfork this week. Finally, we have a dirty player to counter the Pats team of scumbags.

Demon
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM

You sure? How come it's not on Talley's page and only Mitchell's?

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
IDK, but that quote is directly on Mitchell's Twitter page...I think he said it.

The Spaz
12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
You sure? How come it's not on Talley's page and only Mitchell's?

Your right it was Mitchell. I can not believe a guy on the team would actually say it but he did. Great ****ing group of guys we have on the team.

Lexwhat
12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Well, I don't know much about him. I kind of lost track of him after he was drafted. Here's some info on his "character issues":
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hKAL64Q_pdmh3zfKjQAXOBdM24yw

Anyways, like others have said, I'd like to see him matched up against Wilfork. If I had the choice, I would love to see 1 dirty hit on Wilfork rather than 3 false start penalties -- something our linemen are already good at.

T-Long
12-16-2009, 05:57 PM
My bad. All I saw was RT and the guy said Darryl said it. That's why I said it wasn't Mitchell b/c he re-tweeted it.

The Juice Is Loose
12-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Parcells was the other one who tried claiming him.

So if that makes you feel better...

I like dirty players. We need them to compete with the other 3 teams in our division, all of whom are full of scummerz.

k-oneputt
12-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Who cares what Talley and Mitchell think.

Considering the ten year run of pussies on the o-line I'm willing to give him a shot.

realdealryan
12-16-2009, 06:14 PM

...which is still a problem - indirectly or not, he's a teammate.

LtFinFan66
12-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Parcells was the other one who tried claiming him.

So if that makes you feel better...

I like dirty players. We need them to compete with the other 3 teams in our division, all of whom are full of scummerz.always love a classic dumb post like this:up:

Ingtar33
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
how many times do we hear this, "he has a nasty streak" or "he plays with an edge"??? butler is that guy, wood is that guy....the line isn't that great still. and what are we going to do when wood gets back, carry the 3 G or move wood over to center?

I think the chances of watching this guy jump offsides in a home game is a bigger probability than him being a meaningful player.

Let's keep the john guy train of useless people keep on coming through.

I think the plan is to move wood to center if incognito works out. who knows?

for all we know someone else will be calling the shots come january

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
IF they guy was any good why the hell would the Rams who suck worse than us cut him. That being said I hope he guoges Wilfork.

G Wolly
12-16-2009, 06:42 PM
I wonder if they'll recognize him when he arrives...

ROFLMAO!!!!!

But seriously, maybe this type of player is what we need. At this point, any change is a better change.

The Juice Is Loose
12-16-2009, 06:59 PM
always love a classic dumb post like this:up:

Vince Wilfork, Joey Porter, Kris Jenkins, Merriweather, all scumbags.

But give me negative rep for talking about our rivals. LOL :limp:

LtFinFan66
12-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Vince Wilfork, Joey Porter, Kris Jenkins, Merriweather, all scumbags.

But give me negative rep for talking about our rivals. LOL :limp:one guy on a team doesn't qualify as being "full of them"...sorry. Plus trash talking doesn't make you a scumbag or a dirty player. Thanks for playing though and you are quite welcome for the neg:up:

Mahdi
12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Tough player. Good run blocker. Was highly regarded coming out. Could be a good signing.

Jeff1220
12-16-2009, 07:30 PM

I freakin' love Talley. The guy doesn't hold back at all.

Don't Panic
12-16-2009, 07:33 PM
one guy on a team doesn't qualify as being "full of them"...sorry. Plus trash talking doesn't make you a scumbag or a dirty player. Thanks for playing though and you are quite welcome for the neg:up:

The point about Parcells going after him is well taken though, right finfan?

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I freakin' love Talley. The guy doesn't hold back at all.

It wasn't Talley...it was Kawika Mitchell who wrote that.

Jeff1220
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
It wasn't Talley...it was Kawika Mitchell who wrote that.

Wow. Well the post said Talley. I can't believe a player on the roster would say that about a new teammate (though I can understand a LB saying it about a dirty OL).

Mr. Pink
12-16-2009, 07:56 PM
:rofl:

In the brief time I watched the Rams game last week he got 40 yards of penalties. Two headbutts in three series.

Go figure the Rams released him.

LtFinFan66
12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
The point about Parcells going after him is well taken though, right finfan?I am guessing he likes a nasty streak in his o-line. It is something needed on the O-line IMO. Maybe he thought he could tame this guy just enough

madness
12-16-2009, 08:15 PM
There's bad blood between Mitchell and him. Mitchell did end up scaling back his comment.

jimbohastle51
12-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Best part is he is a rfa next year which almost assures he will be back with us next year and cheap. He will also allow us to move wood to his original position which is center and hangartner can go back to what he should be, just depth. Guaranteed he starts next year.

Demon
12-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Best part is he is a rfa next year which almost assures he will be back with us next year and cheap. He will also allow us to move wood to his original position which is center and hangartner can go back to what he should be, just depth. Guaranteed he starts next year.

lol funny. I don't know if i should laugh or cry but true indeed.

djjimkelly
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM

maybe thats what this team NEEDS !!!!

djjimkelly
12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
this team could all of a sudden be creating some under the radar serious moves

brohm was a 2nd rounder incognito a 3rd rounder

serious talent that just might need the change of scenery

we are definitely improving the talent here at least

SeatownBillsFan21
12-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Sweet love his intensity

BuffaloBlitz83
12-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Mitchell is a complete IDIOT. If you're not playing STFU

jimbohastle51
12-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I like kawika but but honestly a LB that barely produces and is in danger of getting cut shouldnt b saying anything about teammates no matter what. Incognito has a better chance staying around anyways. He will b a RFA so basically we will get an elite run blocking guard for pennies next year and kawika is a 3.5 - 4 MM a year average starting LB. I like him but again incognitos RFA's tender will only b around 2 million next year. We can get the production kawika has given us for alot less than 4MM a year

BillsWin
12-16-2009, 11:59 PM
The nfl is full of thugs and douche bags. Incognito is one of them.

Welcome, to the Bills' newest ***wipe.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Love how we only picked character guys!

That's a big line of crap.

Demon
12-17-2009, 12:21 AM

We stopped doing that years ago. lol

Don't Panic
12-17-2009, 04:25 AM

Yeah... that one sailed the minute Marv left the building, although it is hard to say it was ever completely in place with some of the guys that were around in those days.

This Incognito thing should at least be interesting to watch... add a little drama to the last few weeks.

clumping platelets
12-17-2009, 04:49 AM
We need some nasty players here :clap:

Night Train
12-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Sounds like a 3 game career in Buffalo.

yordad
12-17-2009, 06:13 AM
I hope he head butts Wilford's head off.

DraftBoy
12-17-2009, 07:51 AM
O/U on this guy costing us over 100 yds in personal foul calls the rest of the way?

clumping platelets
12-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Under

ddaryl
12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
As long as he the guy hasn't commited off field infractions like breeding dogs to fight for sport and extra $$$$ or being involved in a manslaughter case or something then I can deal with his on field infractions somewhat....

But if the guy starts flying off the handle and costing us games for taking unnecessary penalties... well then it was a complete waste of a pickup.

That being said I agree with the consensus. He is a nasty OL who might help us instill some fear into opposing D's, and at worst a solid depth pickup

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2009, 08:32 AM
As long as he the guy hasn't commited off field infractions like breeding dogs to fight for sport and extra $$$$ or being involved in a manslaughter case or something then I can deal with his on field infractions somewhat....

But if the guy starts flying off the handle and costing us games for taking unnecessary penalties... well then it was a complete waste of a pickup.

That being said I agree with the consensus. He is a nasty OL who might help us instill some fear into opposing D's, and at worst a solid depth pickup
I am all for signing Vick in the offseason too!

dannyek71
12-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Anyone who was released by the Rams does not give me warm and fuzzy feelings

Vanilla Thunder
12-17-2009, 09:43 AM
i hope he rips wolfork's balls off

trapezeus
12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
i still don't get tweeting and if it was talley or mitchell who said he sucks. if it's mitchell, i think he's writing his ticket out of here. he played pretty mediocre at best for being a high priced FA pick up.

The bills show zero loyalty to players that whine. Jason Peters was an all pro LT and they let him go. i think a dude who can't cover anyone becomes expendable.

If it was talley, it makes me wonder why that 90's crew was so easy to accept buffalo and love the team and city and the new guys can't seem to understand that the city wants to love them, but they hate us for some reason. Why can't we get players who want to be here and want to win....now!

i'm not sure what to think about incognito (for the record I have the episode of the simpsons in my head where homer is Guy incognito and chases a dog with a puffy tail). The worst team in football let him go. not good. He was a third rounder who was suppose to be not so bad...maybe a good thing. We have zero ability to coach any player up except jason peters over the last 10 years...why are wegoing to help incognito? We have an incredibly undisciplined offensive line and we just added a guy who took 40 yards of penalties last week.

I'm going to return to my tissues and cry some more.

bigbub2352
12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Love the move, this guy is nasty and everything u want in an OLineman
he would change the make up of our Oline and he is very talented and has great size
that being said he needs to get his behavior under control hopefulyl this was his wakeup call!

ddaryl
12-17-2009, 10:36 AM
I am all for signing Vick in the offseason too!

I'm not, I prefer losing then being in the company of losers...

Michael82
12-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I just hope he gouges Vince Wilfork in the eyes and kicks him when he's on the ground. It would be well deserved! It's about time we get someone on this OL with a mean, nasty streak!

madness
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Bills captain irate over Incognito move (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7834/bills-captain-irate-over-incognito-move)

December, 16, 2009 Dec 16
10:46
PM ET

Email (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7834/bills-captain-irate-over-incognito-move#) Print (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/print?id=7834) Share (javascript:void(0);) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Bills%20captain%20irate%20over%20Incognito%20move", url:"http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7834/bills-captain-irate-over-incognito-move", published: "2009-12-16" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink-7834")); </script>
By Tim Graham

Hey, Richie Incognito (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8495)!

Welcome to the Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf)!

Or not.

<table class="floatright" border="0"><tbody><tr><td><!--INLINE MUG-->http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/8495.jpg
Incognito
<!--END INLINE MUG--></td><td><!--INLINE MUG-->http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/4505.jpg
Mitchell
<!--END INLINE MUG--></td></tr></tbody></table>The Bills on Wednesday claimed Incognito, a guard with a filthy reputation, off waivers from the St. Louis Rams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=stl).

One of the Bills' captains was livid with the move.

Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4505), on injured reserve since mid-October with a shredded knee, tweeted a resounding blast about Incognito (http://twitter.com/Ka_Mitchell55). Mitchell's passage was confirmed as authentic by a source close to Mitchell.

"BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YR. THE GUYS A BUM. DIRTY AND ALWAYS WILL BE. REALLY WISH I WAS PLAYIN RITE NOW. SERIOUSLY... I KNO WE'RE N NEED OF OLINE BUT THIS GUY ..."
Mitchell finished his thought with an accusation not suitable for a family blog -- or a nightclub restroom wall.

Mitchell later apologized on his Twitter page, writing (not in all caps, so he must have been calmer):

"I said what I said bout iggy and it's over. Everything else will b handled n house. We've had our moments b4 when KC played SL. I was wrong 4 startin sumthin. Shouldve saved it."
Incognito has committed 11 personal fouls since 2006. The Rams had enough of his act when he was called for two personal fouls in Sunday's game and engaged in a verbal confrontation with head coach Steve Spagnuolo.

Incognito's contract is up after the season, so there's a good chance he and Mitchell never will square off on the practice field.

Bill Cody
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Things are bad when a guy who's released won't come here unless he's wearing a disguise.

madness
12-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Incognito accepts Mitchell's criticism (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7856/incognito-accepts-mitchells-criticism)

December, 17, 2009 Dec 17
3:20
PM ET

Email (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7856/incognito-accepts-mitchells-criticism#) Print (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/print?id=7856) Share (javascript:void(0);) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Incognito%20accepts%20Mitchell\'s%20criticism", url:"http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7856/incognito-accepts-mitchells-criticism", published: "2009-12-17" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink-7856")); </script>
By Tim Graham

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Richie Incognito didn't show up to the Buffalo Bills facility with bandoleers lashed across his chest. He didn't roll a hand grenade into the defensive huddle. He didn't jump into an SUV and do donuts on the practice field.

Incognito was polite and reflective on his first day with the Bills, who claimed him off waivers from the St. Louis Rams on Wednesday.

Incognito's has a reputation for being one of the NFL's dirtiest players. He has committed 11 personal fouls since 2006, the last two coming Sunday. The Rams were fed up. They ejected him from the team.

Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell, a team captain, blasted the Bills' decision to bring Incognito aboard (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7834/bills-captain-irate-over-incognito-move). Mitchell, who is on injured reserve after season-ending knee surgery, tweeted:
"BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YR. THE GUYS A BUM. DIRTY AND ALWAYS WILL BE. REALLY WISH I WAS PLAYIN RITE NOW. SERIOUSLY... I KNO WE'RE N NEED OF OLINE BUT THIS GUY ..."

Mitchell finished his thought with an obscenity.

Incognito was aware of Mitchell's comments.

"I did see them," Incognito said. "I haven't spoken with Kawika yet. Like you said, I have a reputation around the league for being a less-than-model citizen and some guys on teams really dislike playing against me.

"I can see where Kawika's coming from. I've probably done some cheap stuff to him, playing in the past. But now, the onus is on we're a team now. We're members of the same team, and we're working toward the same goal, and that's getting this club as many wins as possible.

"So I think it will all transition. I knew something like that would pop up. It's not a big deal."

Incognito's contract is up after the season, so his Buffalo career might last only three games. If there is a new collective bargaining agreement, he would be an unrestricted free agent. If not, then he will be restricted.

He suggested a change of scenery might be enough to change perspective.

"I'm going to continue playing my game, playing the way I play," Incognito said. "I'm going to be a lot less selfish with the penalties and just the acting out. I think I was just so frustrated with putting in so much hard work and pounding the details and then just coming up loss after loss after loss after loss after loss.

"I mean, the last three years we won five games total. That's a lot to lose, and it takes its toll on you as an athlete more than I really imagined. And now it's good to take a step back, get out of the situation and come here with a clean slate and play ball."

Saratoga Slim
12-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Incognito accepts Mitchell's criticism (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7856/incognito-accepts-mitchells-criticism)

December, 17, 2009 Dec 17
3:20
PM ET

Email (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7856/incognito-accepts-mitchells-criticism#) Print (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/print?id=7856) Share (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Incognito%20accepts%20Mitchell\'s%20criticism", url:"http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7856/incognito-accepts-mitchells-criticism", published: "2009-12-17" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink-7856")); </SCRIPT>
By Tim Graham

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Richie Incognito didn't show up to the Buffalo Bills facility with bandoleers lashed across his chest. He didn't roll a hand grenade into the defensive huddle. He didn't jump into an SUV and do donuts on the practice field.

Incognito was polite and reflective on his first day with the Bills, who claimed him off waivers from the St. Louis Rams on Wednesday.

Incognito's has a reputation for being one of the NFL's dirtiest players. He has committed 11 personal fouls since 2006, the last two coming Sunday. The Rams were fed up. They ejected him from the team.

Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell, a team captain, blasted the Bills' decision to bring Incognito aboard (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7834/bills-captain-irate-over-incognito-move). Mitchell, who is on injured reserve after season-ending knee surgery, tweeted:

Mitchell finished his thought with an obscenity.

Incognito was aware of Mitchell's comments.

"I did see them," Incognito said. "I haven't spoken with Kawika yet. Like you said, I have a reputation around the league for being a less-than-model citizen and some guys on teams really dislike playing against me.

"I can see where Kawika's coming from. I've probably done some cheap stuff to him, playing in the past. But now, the onus is on we're a team now. We're members of the same team, and we're working toward the same goal, and that's getting this club as many wins as possible.

"So I think it will all transition. I knew something like that would pop up. It's not a big deal."

Incognito's contract is up after the season, so his Buffalo career might last only three games. If there is a new collective bargaining agreement, he would be an unrestricted free agent. If not, then he will be restricted.

He suggested a change of scenery might be enough to change perspective.

"I'm going to continue playing my game, playing the way I play," Incognito said. "I'm going to be a lot less selfish with the penalties and just the acting out. I think I was just so frustrated with putting in so much hard work and pounding the details and then just coming up loss after loss after loss after loss after loss.

"I mean, the last three years we won five games total. That's a lot to lose, and it takes its toll on you as an athlete more than I really imagined. And now it's good to take a step back, get out of the situation and come here with a clean slate and play ball."

I like the sound of that. I don't see this as a bad move. He gets a three game tryout with us, and if it seems like it's working, we'll be well situated to re-sign him. If it seems like the same old same old, then he's gone and who gives a crap that he was ever here.

We already have to add a QB, LT, OLB, WR, and who knows what else this offseason depending on what system the new coach installs. I think this is a gamble with a good upside. If he cleans up his act, I really like the sound of Incognito/Wood/Levitre on the interior of our line, with Hangartner as a versatile backup.

I don't see what the downside is here.