• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Let's hope Ralph wakes up

Allright, with the Browns offering the "football czar" position to The Big Show Mike Holmgren, he's probably going to take it. Its the job he wanted, the price he wanted $8-10 mil.

I just hope that Ralph or Brandon or Ralphs wife or WHOEVER calls the shots at OBD wake up and realize that it's not gonna serve anybody for them to wait til the end of the season.

They need to get aggressive, and close the deal on the guy they want now, or it'll be too late before they know it.

Do I have any faith in it happening? No. But it needs to happen now in my opinion.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let's hope Ralph wakes up

The silence coming from One Bills Drive is scary.

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

Nobody at OBD can force a candidate to negotiate before he's ready. You can talk all you want to them but most likely nothing will get close to done until the end of the season.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
        • Oct 2005

I completely understand what your saying, however, you can have every "name" person in... interview them, show them around... offer them the big money contract and have them still say their not ready to sign yet. as much as I want us to know who our new coach is going to be you can't force people to sign. lets just hope that Ralph and Co. actually make a good decision when it comes to the coaching job for once.
        2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
        2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
        2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
        2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G Wolly
          Nobody at OBD can force a candidate to negotiate before he's ready. You can talk all you want to them but most likely nothing will get close to done until the end of the season.
          I keep telling myself that, but there are plenty of quality football men not working right now and I'm not hearing any information that says the Bills are trying to speak with them. That, IMO, is not a good thing.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2009

Cleveland is getting it done.

Let's say they go for the assistant GM from Baltimore. Why couldn't he jump ship right now? It's not like he'd be involved in their off season plans, and what does an assistant GM do in December? Besides dress up and watch football?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Ralph hopes he wakes up everytime he goes to bed.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jerhwt
                I completely understand what your saying, however, you can have every "name" person in... interview them, show them around... offer them the big money contract and have them still say their not ready to sign yet. as much as I want us to know who our new coach is going to be you can't force people to sign. lets just hope that Ralph and Co. actually make a good decision when it comes to the coaching job for once.
                It's not just the coaching job, we need a football man to head-up the football operations and get rid of Modrak and Guy. If that doesn't happen, the Bills will continue to suck.

Comment

• G Wolly
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                  Ralph hopes he wakes up everytime he goes to bed.
                  I don't

Comment

• SpillerThrills
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    It's not just the coaching job, we need a football man to head-up the football operations and get rid of Modrak and Guy. If that doesn't happen, the Bills will continue to suck.
                    right, but right now nothing indicates that Modrak and/or Guy are going anywhere.....
                    2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
                    2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
                    2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
                    2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jerhwt
                      right, but right now nothing indicates that Modrak and/or Guy are going anywhere.....
                      And that means mediocrity will reign at One Bills Drive...

Comment

• Jeff1220
                        H to the 12:20
                        • Jul 2002

Since Shanahan told them he's not making decisions until the end of the season, they're going to wait for him to give them a definitive "no" in February. At that time, all the good candidates will be gone, so they'll hire someone like Haslett (or worse) and blame it all on Shanahan.

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
                          Allright, with the Browns offering the "football czar" position to The Big Show Mike Holmgren, he's probably going to take it. Its the job he wanted, the price he wanted $8-10 mil.

I just hope that Ralph or Brandon or Ralphs wife or WHOEVER calls the shots at OBD wake up and realize that it's not gonna serve anybody for them to wait til the end of the season.

They need to get aggressive, and close the deal on the guy they want now, or it'll be too late before they know it.

Do I have any faith in it happening? No. But it needs to happen now in my opinion.
                          Their getting what done? They are bidding against themselves for a guy who probably knows not many will want thus made a crazy statement of "i want to be hired by Christmas". The Bills called him about the HC position, he said no thanks and we hung up because we didn't want him in the front office. Seattle supposedly doesn't want him and they are in need of a GM. Holmgren interviewed with the Browns like a month ago. However, when Seahawks fired their GM, he back tracked and thoughts were he wanted to return to Seattle... until they pretty much told him they didn't want him, and he went back to Cleveland for dinner.

It seems like he's desperate and the Browns are desperate too. Everyone they've talked to turned them down to a point where people thought Bernie Kosar would be the "czar".... a guy who was bankrupt just like 2 years ago.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Rotoworld:

Report: Mangini likely out if Holmgren is in

Citing "numerous league executives," NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports that the Browns' potential hiring of Mike Holmgren to run football operations would spell the end for coach Eric Mangini's one-year Cleveland stint.
                            Holmgren is reportedly "very interested" in the position and would likely take the organization in a "new direction," hiring a coach from the same Bill Walsh/West Coast offense tree he came from. The Browns are 2-11 through 13 games under Mangini. Coaching targets for Holmgren may include Jon Gruden, Steve Mariucci, Jim Zorn, Dick Jauron, and Marty Mornhinweg. Dec. 16 - 9:59 pm et
                            LMAO!
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I'm worried about the team getting better...not hiring a name to get attention.

Holmgren stunk in Seattle near the end. His drafts were terrible and I hoped the Bills were never considering him. Cleveland can have him

I'm not even sure about Shanny, given his reckless spending on washed up FA's and his lousy Defensive units the last few years.

There is an article in todays Buffalo News about various GM candidates I'm sure you will all read. That may be the route to go with a bright coach they can work with.

LOL at "'Czar " of football
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X