PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see a printable Draft Guide this year?

X-Era
12-17-2009, 06:21 AM
It will take a huge amount of work to pull together and I am more than willing to do it. But I don't have a good feel for how many people actually would print it out and use it. My guess, and I could be wrong, is that the majority would be close to a computer and would use the version here in the Scouting Zone.

I'm asking early so that I have lots of time to plan and try to do a decent job and give us something nice.

So the poll asks the question as to whether its necessary or not.

Please vote! :up:

SquishDaFish
12-17-2009, 06:28 AM
I voted yes I would print it out. BUT I will also be close to the PC so it doesnt really matter. I usually print out a few things so I dont have to have laptop right there and I can enjoy flipping between NFLNetwork and ESPN. So whatever you decide bro

T-Long
12-17-2009, 06:41 AM
I always printed out the draft guide for a few years (I'm not sure who put it together here, but I know I always got it). I seperated all the positions and stapled the pages together and labeled them. During the draft, I would cross off guys who went off the board so I knew the possibilities when we were up. I could have just relied on Kiper giving his best available, but I liked having it in my hands. I would, without a doubt, love another draft guide for this year.

X-Era
12-18-2009, 05:25 AM
I always printed out the draft guide for a few years (I'm not sure who put it together here, but I know I always got it). I seperated all the positions and stapled the pages together and labeled them. During the draft, I would cross off guys who went off the board so I knew the possibilities when we were up. I could have just relied on Kiper giving his best available, but I liked having it in my hands. I would, without a doubt, love another draft guide for this year.

Thank you both for your responses. :up:

kernowboy
12-18-2009, 05:27 AM
It is extremely useful for us Bills fans who live in Europe, to get a Bills fans view on prospects.

X-Era
12-18-2009, 05:33 AM
It is extremely useful for us Bills fans who live in Europe, to get a Bills fans view on prospects.

A printable version you mean or the Draft Guide forum in general?

ddaryl
12-18-2009, 09:42 AM
a .pdf version owuld be nice for both PC viewing and printing

shelby
12-18-2009, 09:45 AM
i like to print them out and give them to people....good publicity for the Zone.
:up:

kernowboy
12-19-2009, 06:01 AM
A printable version you mean or the Draft Guide forum in general?

Either - but a pdf that you could print or just view would be excellent

X-Era
12-19-2009, 02:46 PM
I got feedback that it may end up being to long to be printable. I'm looking at a few hundred pages or so I think.

I plan to condense, but Id also like to cover as many prospects as I can.

Maybe I should make a short and full version? Shouldn't be much additional work.

Thoughts?

jamze132
12-20-2009, 08:39 AM
It will take a huge amount of work to pull together and I am more than willing to do it. But I don't have a good feel for how many people actually would print it out and use it. My guess, and I could be wrong, is that the majority would be close to a computer and would use the version here in the Scouting Zone.

I'm asking early so that I have lots of time to plan and try to do a decent job and give us something nice.

So the poll asks the question as to whether its necessary or not.

Please vote! :up:
Where's the option to vote for: "I'm at war and the Army would have a hard time understanding why I am printing a draft guide"?

If I were home, I would definitley print it out, I think it's an outstanding idea and I loved the guide in years past.

X-Era
12-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Where's the option to vote for: "I'm at war and the Army would have a hard time understanding why I am printing a draft guide"?

If I were home, I would definitley print it out, I think it's an outstanding idea and I loved the guide in years past.
Maybe i can rent a plane and carry out some psychological warfare by dropping copies all over the war field

jamze132
12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Maybe i can rent a plane and carry out some psychological warfare by dropping copies all over the war field
That will show them damn talibaners...

X-Era
12-21-2009, 04:32 PM
87 views and only 15 votes? Even when I gave an option for "I dont care"?

Hemlepp53
12-22-2009, 09:58 AM
That would be awesome. I will be watching the draft at my brothers house this year and it would be greatly appericated.

PECKERWOOD
12-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Yes, so long as they're opinions from respectable sources and not just printouts from Walterfootball. I'd love a printable draft sheet to go through, actually, brilliant idea.

X-Era
12-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes, so long as they're opinions from respectable sources and not just printouts from Walterfootball. I'd love a printable draft sheet to go through, actually, brilliant idea.
The Walterfootball comments were to be used as a starting point. I probably wont even use them in the profiles next year. They wont be added to the printable guide.

As far as opinions from respectable sources, do you mean other draft sites? I don't feel comfortable doing that. Tell me more.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 07:58 AM
The Walterfootball comments were to be used as a starting point. I probably wont even use them in the profiles next year. They wont be added to the printable guide.

As far as opinions from respectable sources, do you mean other draft sites? I don't feel comfortable doing that. Tell me more.

No, I meant as a combination between draft guides and other poster's opinions and write ups like your's, DraftBoy's and some other BZ people's reviews.

Hemlepp53
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Whatever happened with this? Are you still going to hook us up for the Draft this year. Its getting close and I havent seen anything added to this posting in a few...

Dozerdog
02-10-2010, 11:12 AM
In the past, we would average over 1,200 downloads of a 120 page or so draft guide. (Adobe Acrobat version)

X-Era
02-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Whatever happened with this? Are you still going to hook us up for the Draft this year. Its getting close and I havent seen anything added to this posting in a few...
Quick update:

The layout is complete, I have started adding the content.

I don't expect to have it ready until mid March to early April

But the votes are pretty clear, so yes were doing one, and I think its going to be nice when done.

YardRat
02-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Can't wait :D

DraftBoy
02-10-2010, 11:10 PM
No, I meant as a combination between draft guides and other poster's opinions and write ups like your's, DraftBoy's and some other BZ people's reviews.

Ill know more as of tomorrow but Im 99.9% done with the BZ Draft Guide for good. Something has happened (nothing with BZ) that is going to contractually obligate me to no longer have my work used by another site.

Its not an NFL job (I wish), or anything like that either. Ill post more when everything is finalized tomorrow, and I know about the Intelligent Property clause.

This puppy is all X-Era's.