PDA

View Full Version : Skins begin cleaning house; Cerrato resigns....will effect Bills searches

Coach Sal
12-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Vinny Cerrato has resigned as head of Football Operations in D.C..

So, not only will the Skins most likely be looking for a new coach, they will be looking for a new GM and/or football Czar.

This will have a direct effect on the Bills pursuit of Mike Shanahan as he was rumored to already been offered the coaching position in Washington earlier this season.

Coach Sal
12-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Anyone want to put Cerrato on Bills GM candidate list?

I don't.

Jeff1220
12-17-2009, 07:42 AM

I don't.

I think I'd take my chances w/Marv again before doing that.

jdbillsfan
12-17-2009, 07:47 AM
It will affect the Bills in the sense that Shannahan won't be available anymore.

The Juice Is Loose
12-17-2009, 08:05 AM
There's 2 ahead of us now.

We gotta get a GM right away. I understand that coaches have jobs to finish but a GM could easily jump ship right now.

I'm with you guys who want the ASST GM from Balt. I can't recall his name. We need to get some people in here though, or that "meeting" with Shanahan will prove to be exclusively BS.

Griz78
12-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Snyder will go after Cowher too. But I agree, each has more choices now.

Cowher - Carolina, Dallas, washington
Shanahan - whatever is left

McBFLO
12-17-2009, 08:13 AM

I don't.
I'll pass too, but this brings up an interesting question. How much of the Redskins failure was actually because of Cerrato? Snyder is a pretty "hands-on" owner who I'm sure had a big part in his own franchise's failures.

Beastie Bills
12-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Report: Redskins chasing Bruce Allen (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/17/report-redskins-chasing-bruce-allen/)

Posted by Mike Florio on December 17, 2009 9:17 AM ET

On the same morning that executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato has resigned, triggering speculation that Mike Holmgren or Mike Shanahan could be taking the reins of the Redskins, Jay Glazer of FOX has dropped a bomb on us, baby.

Glazer reports that Redskins coaches were advised today that the teams is in talks with former Raiders and Buccaneers executive Bruce Allen.

Allen's father, George, was one of the most beloved coaches in franchise history not named "Joe Gibbs."

As Glazer points out, the Redskins would be required to satisfy the Rooney Rule when filling the top front-office position. In this case, either the Redskins already have quietly satisfied the requirement, or Allen would be hired for a position that does not presently require compliance with the Rooney Rule.

The arrival of Allen undoubtedly would trigger speculation that the next move would be to dump coach Jim Zorn and pursue Jon Gruden, who partnered with Allen both in Oakland and Tampa.

patmoran2006
12-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Snyder will go after Cowher too. But I agree, each has more choices now.

Cowher - Carolina, Dallas, washington
Shanahan - whatever is left
Very well could add Chicago to that list too