• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Redskins hire Bruce Allen

At least Redskins fans get the impression their owner wants to win.

They fired their GM last night, hired a new one today.

Our team hasn't had a GM in forever, the one we had was 100 year old washed up coach.
  • Beastie Bills
    Senior Zoner
    • Mar 2009

Re: Redskins hire Bruce Allen

I'm thinking that will lead to Gruden coaching in Washington. He worked with Allen in Oakland and Tampa.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2009

Dont' get me wrong. I don't want Bruce Allen.

But the fact remains, this is 2010, not 1965. Things happen quickly in this day and age, Ralph obviously is just clueless.

Things should at least be happening. But no, we're all on vacation enjoying our lousy season.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Could be good news for Shanahan fans... I still dont think we get him, but thats good news

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• soapman
          • Jan 2008

That's the prelude to Gruden. Bank it.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2009

I don't even want Shanahan. I just want a GM to get hired now, so he can lay out his plan and start talking to his coaching candidates.

The longer we wait, the shorter the list gets.

I'm worried about Frazier and Grimm making it deep into the post season. That'll tie them up too long.

I know it seems like forever to us, but in 2 months we'll be in FA and in 4 months we'll be drafting. Every day wasted is costing us, IMO.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
              Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
              • Jul 2002

I'm 90% sure we're waiting for Shanahan to make his decision.

If the Bills want the big dog that badly and already sort of interviewed him, no sense in jumping the gun on decisions until Shanahan makes his.

God give me style and give me grace
              God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
                At least Redskins fans get the impression their owner wants to win.

They fired their GM last night, hired a new one today.

Our team hasn't had a GM in forever, the one we had was 100 year old washed up coach.
                I think Danny always WANTS to win, and the money he spends on coaches and FA's proves it.

The problem is that he goes about it in stupid ways. Snyder is just a fan like the rest of us, except he happens to have billions of dollars. His ego is too big to admit he doesn't know **** about football, so he meddles in personnel decisions and decisions that should be left to the coaches, and it holds him back.

In the case of the Bills, I think they confine themselves with "We'll win, as long as we can do it for this amount of money or less." In the case of the Skins, I think Danny-boy says "I'll do whatever it takes to win." The problem is, he can't figure out what "whatever it takes" means in practical terms, and he's not willing to listen to the people who know football enough to figure it out.

Or, at least he hasn't been willing to listen in the past. Maybe that is finally changing now.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I think Danny always WANTS to win, and the money he spends on coaches and FA's proves it.

The problem is that he goes about it in stupid ways. Snyder is just a fan like the rest of us, except he happens to have billions of dollars. His ego is too big to admit he doesn't know **** about football, so he meddles in personnel decisions and decisions that should be left to the coaches, and it holds him back.

In the case of the Bills, I think they confine themselves with "We'll win, as long as we can do it for this amount of money or less." In the case of the Skins, I think Danny-boy says "I'll do whatever it takes to win." The problem is, he can't figure out what "whatever it takes" means in practical terms, and he's not willing to listen to the people who know football enough to figure it out.

Or, at least he hasn't been willing to listen in the past. Maybe that is finally changing now.
                  Seems like he's been maturing as an owner lately. Haynesworth wasn't a dumb signing IMO, as he was going to get that money somewhere.

He went with Gibbs, which was a good choice if he didn't quit. Zorn, IDK he screwed that up...But he's obviously hiring a guy to make choices for him. IDK if it's the right choice, but at least you know he'll keep swinging for the fences till eventually he hits a home run.

Comment

• Demon
                    • Mar 2003

Bruce Allen is a good hire for them i think. Cerreto was their contact to Shanahan so i really think him going to Wash is over. However, i still think Shanny goes to Dallas.
                    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Damn....it looks like Gruden might be coming back to the NFL afterall. Just not with us.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

So what does it mean? It means that many of us, including me, were wrong in thinking that Cerrato would remain in spite of the likely change in coaches. Now, the decks have been fully cleared for the next head coach/general manager. And my sources tell me that it will still be Mike Shanahan

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Damn....it looks like Gruden might be coming back to the NFL afterall. Just not with us.
                          Gruden wouldn't exactly be a great hire, minus the name.

D & S Sports

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

What has free-spending Danny-boy bought with his money? How many rings does he have? How many playoff wins? And you say "yeah, but at least he cares!" That and a $1 gets you a coffee at McDonald's.

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Wonder if it's the same source that told him Mike Holmgren would go to Washington. LOL
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X