PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry Dead

Buckets
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Per CNN

Cincinnati Bengals football player Chris Henry has died, police in Charlotte, North Carolina, say. Henry was injured after falling out of a truck, police said earlier

Demon
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
R.I.P.

Marvin Lewis will hold a press conference in 4 minutes (11am) and ESPN will air it.

RockStar36
12-17-2009, 09:58 AM
WOW.

R.I.P.

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd be lying if I said I cared.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM

I'm right there with you

zone
12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm right there with you
Not cool.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Just because he died I have to care? People die every day but I don't occupy myself with it.

I'm not a fan of him or the Bengals, so I won't pretend like I'm affected.

It sucks, but it happens every day.

bigbub2352
12-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Sad 26 is too young

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-17-2009, 10:33 AM

yikes FL, thats cold

trapezeus
12-17-2009, 10:46 AM
it is shocking though. i'm just curious about the circumstance. to fall out of truck and die from it, i'd guess you'd have to be going pretty fast.

my sympathies for all the family who are truly affected.

DrGraves
12-17-2009, 10:47 AM
wow.

RockStar36
12-17-2009, 10:52 AM
it is shocking though. i'm just curious about the circumstance. to fall out of truck and die from it, i'd guess you'd have to be going pretty fast.

my sympathies for all the family who are truly affected.

They said it was a domestic dispute with his fiance.

The mental image I have is him chasing her, jumping in the back as she is driving, she is swerving around which is bashing him up, then he falls out and cracks his head on the road.

Dujek
12-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Lets see:

"Former Drug User and Convicted Felon Dies While Attempting to Assault His Fiancee"

How many of you really care now?

I'm with FL.

RockStar36
12-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Lets see:

"Former Drug User and Convicted Felon Dies While Attempting to Assault His Fiancee"

I'm with FL.

He wasn't assaulting his fiance.

If anything, the story makes it sound like she killed him.

Prov401
12-17-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm willing to bet his fiance' is going to be charged with something here. Seems to me they were in a dispute, and she may have sped up/braked/swerved, or whatever combination which led to Henry's fall and cracked his head. It just seems suspicious to me. He was 'found in the road'? Obviously abandoned. I don't know.

I'm not going to lie, I thought the guy was a punk. However, nobody deserves to lose their life. Goes to show you how bizzar circumstances such as riding on the bed of a pickup, can turn to be something fatal. Weird stuff.

R.I.P Chris Henry

DraftBoy
12-17-2009, 11:07 AM
R.I.P.

A young man who had a rough upbring, got into lots of trouble, but had turned his entire life around against the odds.

He was clean and trouble free for the first time in his life and this happens. That sucks.

Prov401
12-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Lets see:

I'm with FL.

Let me ask you a question bro. Do you have any cousins/brothers? Let's say they've made some bad decisions/mistakes in their lives, whether it be getting in trouble with the law, drugs, etc. Would it be cool of me to come up here and go, 'Oh well your cousin sniffed coke a couple of times, and got arrested before...f*** em'. Dumb, selfish, and ignorant responses from people here. I said as well, I didn't like the guy or his character. I thought he was a punk. However, this is a life that was just taken. Somebody's father, son, friend. Show some type of class, or don't post at all.

Yasgur's Farm
12-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Just because he died I have to care? People die every day but I don't occupy myself with it.

I'm not a fan of him or the Bengals, so I won't pretend like I'm affected.

It sucks, but it happens every day.No one asks you to care... But feeling the need to publicly declare that you don't care is "not cool".

BillsWin
12-17-2009, 11:13 AM
R.I.P

He may have been a thug, but it looked like he was finally turning it all around.

BillsWin
12-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Let me ask you a question bro. Do you have any cousins/brothers? Let's say they've made some bad decisions/mistakes in their lives, whether it be getting in trouble with the law, drugs, etc. Would it be cool of me to come up here and go, 'Oh well your cousin sniffed coke a couple of times, and got arrested before...f*** em'. Dumb, selfish, and ignorant responses from people here. I said as well, I didn't like the guy or his character. I thought he was a punk. However, this is a life that was just taken. Somebody's father, son, friend. Show some type of class, or don't post at all.

I agree with this statement actually. Let God be the one to pass judgment on someone. Say your piece, but show some class.

Maddenchamp
12-17-2009, 11:17 AM

Why would you post something like that? Sure he was a troubled person for most of his life. But at the end of the day, a man is dead who had 3 children and 2 familys are ruined. My prayers go out to him, his family and anyone else involved in the tradgedy. May peace come to his family during these difficult times.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Why would you post something like that?

Not everyone is sad/affected by an athlete dying.

DraftBoy
12-17-2009, 11:30 AM

So because you're not personally affected its ok to act like the guy didn't matter? A man is dead who leaves behind young children, that alone is enough reason to feel some remorse.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 11:32 AM

If you posted that your mom died in twilight zone, I would be saddened for you too. I wouldn't say I could careless your mom is dead and everyone dies everyday. You two clowns are cold bitter fools.

Ingtar33
12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
RIP, may his friends and family's suffering be comforted and eased. God rest his soul.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 11:33 AM
So because you're not personally affected its ok to act like the guy didn't matter? A man is dead who leaves behind young children, that alone is enough reason to feel some remorse.

I never said it didn't matter or it's not important that these kids are without a father.

I simply agreed that I won't lie and say that I care because I don't.

That makes me heartless.

RockStar36
12-17-2009, 11:35 AM
It's fine to "not care" because I'm highly unaffected with most celebrity deaths, if not all.

But you probably don't need to post those feelings because it's just going to rile people up and get **** started.

Dropping it would be the easiest way to handle this situation.

G Wolly
If you posted that your mom died in twilight zone, I would be saddened for you too. I wouldn't say I could careless your mom is dead and everyone dies everyday. You two clowns are cold bitter fools.

There's a difference.

Just because I agreed that I didn't care, isn't saying that I don't feel saddened by it.

DraftBoy
I never said it didn't matter or it's not important that these kids are without a father.

I simply agreed that I won't lie and say that I care because I don't.

That makes me heartless.

I dont think your heartless, I dont know you. I won't pass judgement on you for your opinion of the guy. However your statement that you make indicates that the guy is not worthy of your time or care.

The guy had turned his life around, was becoming a family man, and a very successful NFL WR. He is now dead (and potentially murdered), that is sad, tragic and my heart goes out to his family and children.

Demon
12-17-2009, 11:36 AM
It's sad no matter how you spin it. The man played in the league i love and in the league i have a lot of interest in. It doesn't affect me at a personal level but it's always sad to see someone die at such a young age and someone you've watched on Sundays.

Chris Henry turned around his life. America is the country of forgiveness and the country of second, third, fourth chance. Henry got his after being cut, and he took it and stayed out of trouble. I don't know how anybody can't respect that.

IMO it's like kids in HS. I would give more credit to the kid who kept getting F's, skipping school, doing drugs, who cleaned himself, studied, put it altogether and got Cs, more then a kid who was getting C's but improved to As.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 11:40 AM
It's not like I said "I don't care what happened, he was worthless and deserved to die"

I said I don't care in the regard that it happened. It's sad. It's over.

Yasgur's Farm
12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
You're backpedaling like a CB.

trapezeus
12-17-2009, 11:44 AM
They said it was a domestic dispute with his fiance.

The mental image I have is him chasing her, jumping in the back as she is driving, she is swerving around which is bashing him up, then he falls out and cracks his head on the road.

right..that's the image i've got. i realize he's a WR so he can haul, but jumping into the truck and falling out under 30 miles per hour would cause injury, but i can't imagine deadly head trauma. i'm just curious as to how long he was in the car and how fast it was going when he fell out.

and what could have possibly been said that was worth jumping into the truck???

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
There's a difference.

Just because I agreed that I didn't care, isn't saying that I don't feel saddened by it.

Whatever man. Change your story. You know you sound like a jerk.

Prov401
12-17-2009, 11:49 AM
right..that's the image i've got. i realize he's a WR so he can haul, but jumping into the truck and falling out under 30 miles per hour would cause injury, but i can't imagine deadly head trauma. i'm just curious as to how long he was in the car and how fast it was going when he fell out.

This has manslaughter written all over it.

I'm betting his fiance' swerved/sped/braked, which caused him to fall out onto his head. A little weird how it's been reported he was 'found in the middle of the road'. Domestic dispute turned tragic.

DraftBoy
12-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Alright enough of this. A man is dead and us acting like dicks to each other doesn't do anything. I may have overreacted about people saying they didn't care.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and way of thinking.

yordad
12-17-2009, 11:53 AM
There's a difference.

Just because I agreed that I didn't care, isn't saying that I don't feel saddened by it.Saying you don't care IS surely saying you do not feel saddened by it.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Saying you don't care IS surely saying you do not feel saddened by it.

I care enough to know that it sucks, and it's a sad situation.

But that's the extent of my care. I'm not gonna concern myself over it.

yordad
12-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I care enough to know that it sucks, and it's a sad situation.

But that's the extent of my care. I'm not gonna concern myself over it.Knowing it sucks, and understanding it is sad does not mean one feels sad. And, one who claims they do not care, rather than nothing, must not even understand it is sad.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Knowing it sucks, and understanding it is sad does not mean one feels sad. And, one who claims they do not care, rather than nothing, must not even understand it is sad.

Because I'm not sad about it. What do you want me to do? Go to Ohio and give his family flowers or something?

Pardon Me for having an opinion and not concerning myself about it.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2009, 12:23 PM
It is sad because there are three children who no longer have a father in their life.

And may not have a mother in their life after the law gets done with her.

Everything Chris Henry was brought up with and the obstacles he faced, struggled with and finally overcame are now more obstacles his own children will likely have to face through life.

It's a sad situation all around.

I, obviously, am not personally affected by what occured but that does not diminish the man Chris Henry attempted to become and was apparently starting to succeed in his life.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Would anyone be feeling this same way if something like this happened to Vick after his dog fighting charges? or any of the other players with bad reputations?

Buckets
12-17-2009, 12:26 PM
I hope none of his DNA shows up on the front bumper!

yordad
12-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Because I'm not sad about it. What do you want me to do? Go to Ohio and give his family flowers or something?

Pardon Me for having an opinion and not concerning myself about it.Just stick to it and stop flip flopping.

yordad
12-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Would anyone be feeling this same way if something like this happened to Vick after his dog fighting charges? or any of the other players with bad reputations?Henry had a bad rep.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Just stick to it and stop flip flopping.

How am I flip flopping. You all keep accusing me of being so heartless when I said I didn't care. I explaining what I meant and even that seems to be too much for you to process.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Henry had a bad rep.

"He was turning his life around"

:ignore:

Prov401
12-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Would anyone be feeling this same way if something like this happened to Vick after his dog fighting charges? or any of the other players with bad reputations?

I'd feel sorry for Vick's kids. Comparing the two isn't right. Chris henry didn't go around maliciously murdering innocent creatures and getting off on it. Henry got in trouble with the law for petty things that any average American gets in trouble for. Possesion of drugs, purchasing alcohol for a minor, moving violations. Are these what Henry is being judged by, by a few people on here? If so, you are sad, and for some reason think that in life, mistakes aren't made.

Michael Vick didn't die, Chris Henry did.

Cleve
12-17-2009, 12:34 PM
"He was turning his life around"

:ignore:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615

His coach, teammates, etc. say it was sad because he 'was on the right path.'

Obviously he was NOT on 'the right path' not if he was engaged in some sort of violent public domestic dispute with a woman he's fathered three children with, but hadn't yet married.

Modern America just LOVES to absolve people of personal responsiblity and accountability - and that article reeks of that deplorable attitude.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I'd feel sorry for Vick's kids. Comparing the two isn't right. Chris henry didn't go around maliciously murdering innocent creatures and getting off on it. Henry got in trouble with the law for petty things that any average American gets in trouble for. Possesion of drugs, purchasing alcohol for a minor, moving violations. Are these what Henry is being judged by, by a few people on here? If so, you are sad, and for some reason think that in life, mistakes aren't made.

Michael Vick didn't die, Chris Henry did.

That was my point. Henry didn't do anything super violent in society like Vick did.

Now if Vick was in this situation, would anyone have the same reaction they are to Henry being involved?

or does Henry get these reactions because he's young and he began to turn his life around.

yordad
12-17-2009, 12:40 PM
How am I flip flopping. You all keep accusing me of being so heartless when I said I didn't care. I explaining what I meant and even that seems to be too much for you to process.I didn't accuse you of anything, and your explanation was contradictory.

I don't care if you care either way, I was just pointing out your explanation of your feelings didn't jive well.

RockStar36
12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Well this thread has gone into the crapper already.

Nice job everyone.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 12:49 PM

Yes, 100% if it happened to Vick

I felt the same way when Tupac and Biggie died. I wasn't even a rap listener. I feel the same way when i listen to radio and hear a person died by drunk driver crash in NYC or if it happened to a family member. Of course i'll be more sad if person was someone closer to me but it doesn't diminish that I am saddened when I hear it.

justasportsfan
12-17-2009, 12:53 PM
yes, because I'd be sad for the family they left behind especially the children.

mybills
12-17-2009, 12:57 PM
In the words of Sister Mary Elephant,
class, class, class, SHUT UP!

Thank you very much.

RIP Chris.

I didn't know he had children. :( :pray:

Bert102176
12-17-2009, 01:55 PM
he had gotten into lot's of trouble in the past but seemed to be changing it around, but to come in here and say you don't care everyone should care he was a human being, yes lots of people die each day, but they are someone, it is a shame that this happened my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

shelby
12-17-2009, 02:00 PM
RIP. :pray:

CuseJetsFan83
12-17-2009, 02:19 PM
hey a man died who was an athlete... someone who thought his career was over before it started and had a chance to redeem himself, and now his life is over before it even truly started....

rest in peace chris

with that aside, does it affect me personally, not one iota.... however i do take the side of the bengals where they took a chance on him coming around and it seemed like it was happening... a shame on all ends

Buddo
12-17-2009, 02:35 PM

You can kill yourself in just about any sort of fall, if you hit at a bad angle etc. People the world over, break various parts of themselves on a daily basis, from as innocuous an act as falling off a chair. 'Falling' accounts for the majority of workplace accidents. The most common distance, being between something like 2-4 feet.
I understand, to an extent, where you're coming from with this, as there is an image set of things I can see similar, but while ultimately details of speed etc. will come out, it wouldn't be that much of a surprise to me, if the fall occurred at a low speed, but unfortunately there was contact with an additional object than the ground, that caused the fall to be nowhere near as straightforward as people can ordinarily imagine.

At the end of the day, its another young life cut short. As often seems the case in these sad situations, it's occurred at a time when a previously troubled personality, had apparently made large inroads into being at peace with himself, and others. My condolences to the families.
R.I.P.

billistic
12-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Per CNN

Cincinnati Bengals football player Chris Henry has died, police in Charlotte, North Carolina, say. Henry was injured after falling out of a truck, police said earlier

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm flying my flag at half mast. He was a great human being, and his loss will be deeply felt throughout the Northern Hemisphere and Tierra del Fuego.

Lexwhat
12-17-2009, 02:40 PM
R.I.P.

A young man who had a rough upbring, got into lots of trouble, but had turned his entire life around against the odds.

He was clean and trouble free for the first time in his life and this happens. That sucks.

This sums is up, pretty much.

RIP.

billistic
12-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Per CN:Henry was injured after falling out of a truck, police said earlier

Thousands of Americans "fall out of trucks" each year. It's so easy to fall out of a truck. People should be more careful. Let's not let Chris' tragic death be in vain: Let this be a warning to others who may be tempted to go "James Bond" on their angry girlfriends!

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I feel bad for the kid but I am kinda with Billistic. The guy was being dumb and paid for it with this life.

RockStar36
12-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I feel bad for the kid but I am kinda with Billistic. The guy was being dumb and paid for it with this life.

But to be fair, how many times have we done dumb **** and gotten lucky?

billistic
12-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Send donations for the Chris Henry funeral mass card to:
Checks should be made out to: Signor Billistic's Good Works

Signor Billistic
General Delivery
Phoenix, AZ, 85020

Preacher
12-17-2009, 03:14 PM
That was my point. Henry didn't do anything super violent in society like Vick did.

Now if Vick was in this situation, would anyone have the same reaction they are to Henry being involved?

or does Henry get these reactions because he's young and he began to turn his life around.

Yes. I always find the loss of life sad. When they are young like him that much sadder. Whether it is Vick or Henry it doesn't matter.

The fact that he turned his life around already, just makes it a total shame.

billistic
12-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't know if I can stand anymore: Sean Taylor and now Chris Henry...

The good, they die young...

RockStar36
12-17-2009, 03:26 PM

We get it.

Knock it off.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 03:29 PM

Or when your ******ed brother dies next week.

billistic
12-17-2009, 03:41 PM
We get it.

Obviously not, if you're eulogizing and morning the loss of CH.

What? He was a professional football player for a few years, so it's sad that his g/f managed to shake him off her truck before he put his helmet on?

Save your tears for someone else. Get a life.

billistic
12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Knock it off.

Oh..a Moderator...That's different.

Sorry, Sir. I'll tone it down, and not express any opinions that go against the majority view.

Dominus vobiscum, et *** spiritu tuo.

G Wolly
12-17-2009, 03:59 PM
See guys, I'm not the worst soul in this thread.

I would like to apologize to any of you I actually upset with my statement, but it's my opinion.

Please forgive me, let's move on :peace:

billistic
12-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Dominus vobiscum, et *** spiritu tuo.

"***" was the disgusting Latin word for "with".

I apologize again.

DynaPaul
12-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Wow man, that's horrible. He was way too young to die and had a lot of potential ahead of him. Definitely tragic.

billistic
12-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Or when your ******ed brother dies next week.

My ******ed brother has 40 IQ points on you, but thanks for your kind wishes.

Dude
12-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Reports are saying that had a fight, she took off in the truck and he jumped in the back to try to get her to stop so they could talk. A witness said that Henry was heard shouting something to the effect of "I'm going to jump off the truck and kill myself if you don't stop". Henry's fiancee was reportedly telling police that he jumped.

I'm not saying that's what happened, that's just the latest.

I am, however, saying that the way some people have carried on in this thread and completely hijacked it from its intended purpose is kinda sad, and there's really no reason to let it continue for another 4 pages.