PDA

View Full Version : This will be the most exciting offseason this decade.

BillsWin
12-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Get ready Bills fans because we are about to hop on a ride that will last through until next season.

It all starts in about a week or so with potential GM candidates being interviewed.

Then the season ends, and the floodgates open on interviewing head coach candidates.

Then an exciting free agency and draft with a new GM!

A new QB, most likely a rookie!

Am I the only one praying we just lose the rest of the games and get this offseason rolling???

DieHrdBillsFan23
12-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm with ya. I love the bills, but this offseason cant come soon enough.

Philagape
12-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Because previous overhauls have gone so well ...

RockStar36
12-17-2009, 01:52 PM

We're heading into a new decade. That means it will work this time.

BILLSROCK1212
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM
We're heading into a new decade. That means it will work this time.there's always the following decade...

Nighthawk
12-17-2009, 10:31 PM

If not for hope, what else do we have as Bills fans?

Demon
12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
there's always the following decade...

Not for our team....

Jan Reimers
12-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Am I the only one praying we just lose the rest of the games and get this offseason rolling???
I would like to get the offseason rolling with three wins.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-18-2009, 07:22 AM
what happens this offseason will determin my ability to continue to be a rabid fan.
if they make the right moves ie:fire everyone and get big time football people
then I'll sign up for another 4 years of blind loyalty.

if they screw the pooch and give us more bungholes in the FO and as coaches then Im done.

don137
12-18-2009, 07:44 AM
I am glad they are doing an overhaul however based on past experiences I am not confident they will select the right people fo the jobs.

yordad
12-18-2009, 07:48 AM
I would like to get the off season rolling by beating the living **** out of the Pats..... and then losing the next two.

ddaryl
12-18-2009, 08:20 AM
It will be interesting...

probably exciting

and hopefully not dissappointing

trapezeus
12-18-2009, 08:48 AM
2010 offseason as foreseen by Trapezeus

1. Season ends at 5-11
2. Bills get caught up on whether they need a GM or headcoach.
3. They decide to try and lure Shanahan with money
4. Shanahan stalls leveraging the deal with washington.
5. Shanahan signs during championship game weekend before the probowl to maximize the spotlight on him and his ego.
6. Bills assure everyone that they have other options and like one of the coordinators from one of the superbowl teams.
7. Bills miss on getting said DC/OC. Dallas takes him.
8. Every open position starts getting filled at a rapid pace.
9. Fans are outraged, there is no sense of urgency out of 1BD, but they tell us they are close.
10. Local buffalo news outlet gives us the short list. Mariucci, Wayne Fontes, and an assistant from UB are the three options.
11. We all say we don't want retreads, might as well take the Bulls assistant and see what he has.
12. Someone starts complaining about how we haven't turned up a GM.
13. Bills reaffirm that getting a GM is a priority, however, when asked how can you get a coach first and then a GM, they provide no answer
14. Wayne Fontes is pulled in to coach the bills, billszone spills over from message board rage to full on riot.
15. Russ Brandon announces that they tried hard to find a GM, but no one really was better than the GM by committee they established. They have faith that they'll do what it takes. it was the coaches fault for not making the talent better.
16. Draft comes by. 2 can't miss options on the board. 1 stretch that is actually talked about as a stretch and 1 player that probably would have gone in the 5th round. The bills take the super stretch who also happens to be a punter. "we really liked what we saw."
17. LB's, LT, and DT all addressed in rounds 5, 6, 7. Rounds 1 -4 are punter, kick holder, DB, Safety.
18. Free agents never came in because we had no GM or head coach
19. June, we sign Ron Mexico. not the fake name for michael vick. but actually some guy named ron mexico. then we bring in vick. Jersey sales sore. Everyone likes that we spent money, once, on a formerly good player.
20. Training camp, one bright spot player hurts himself.
21. billszone is torn with the 10-6 crowd vs the 2-14 crowd.
22. Season starts, we lose in dramatically awful fashion, mediocre play continues where wins feel more torturous than losses. But now we don't have the luxury of at least getting a house cleaning.

rinse and repeat for 10 more years.

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 08:55 AM

1. Season ends at 5-11
5. Shanahan signs during championship game weekend before the probowl to maximize the spotlight on him and his ego.
6. Bills assure everyone that they have other options and like one of the coordinators from one of the superbowl teams.
9. Fans are outraged, there is no sense of urgency out of 1BD, but they tell us they are close.
10. Local buffalo news outlet gives us the short list. Mariucci, Wayne Fontes, and an assistant from UB are the three options.
11. We all say we don't want retreads, might as well take the Bulls assistant and see what he has.
13. Bills reaffirm that getting a GM is a priority, however, when asked how can you get a coach first and then a GM, they provide no answer
14. Wayne Fontes is pulled in to coach the bills, billszone spills over from message board rage to full on riot.
15. Russ Brandon announces that they tried hard to find a GM, but no one really was better than the GM by committee they established. They have faith that they'll do what it takes. it was the coaches fault for not making the talent better.
16. Draft comes by. 2 can't miss options on the board. 1 stretch that is actually talked about as a stretch and 1 player that probably would have gone in the 5th round. The bills take the super stretch who also happens to be a punter. "we really liked what we saw."
17. LB's, LT, and DT all addressed in rounds 5, 6, 7. Rounds 1 -4 are punter, kick holder, DB, Safety.
19. June, we sign Ron Mexico. not the fake name for michael vick. but actually some guy named ron mexico. then we bring in vick. Jersey sales sore. Everyone likes that we spent money, once, on a formerly good player.
22. Season starts, we lose in dramatically awful fashion, mediocre play continues where wins feel more torturous than losses. But now we don't have the luxury of at least getting a house cleaning.

wow. i know it was our last decade, but man, you gotta at least HOPE!

"Hopes are what we cling to when reality hands us NOTHING."
-John Malcovich

Scumbag College
12-18-2009, 09:28 AM
That was a pretty good read, Trap. That's the way it usually goes, especially missing with early draft picks, which is in my opinion the biggest reason the Bills have been lousy for so long.

Forward_Lateral
12-18-2009, 09:30 AM
I'd find it funny, if it wasn't close to the truth.

DMBcrew36
12-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Get ready Bills fans because we are about to hop on a ride that will last through until next season.

It all starts in about a week or so with potential GM candidates being interviewed.

Then the season ends, and the floodgates open on interviewing head coach candidates.

Then an exciting free agency and draft with a new GM!

A new QB, most likely a rookie!

I can't get excited. I'm numb. I'm completely numb to anything the organization does because they are incapable of doing anything right. Everything they do is a failure. I've been shown nothing to believe that they are capable of turning things around anytime soon. I've been shown they are incapable of bringing in the proper coaches and personnel, or the proper players. I will continue to watch every game, but I have 0 excitement for them.

bigbub2352
12-18-2009, 09:46 AM
i seriously hope that we purge 70% of this roster to be gone, and all the coachs and front office personel i truly hope no one is safe
Trp nice read, cause that is the norm usually
lets hope this year a different football mind makes all the differance, cant do any worse that the last 10yrs

Michael82
12-18-2009, 10:46 AM

1. Season ends at 5-11

:shoothead:

billistic
12-18-2009, 01:04 PM

Nothing like that ride from the toilet down into the bowels of the sewer system.

Does anyone have even the slightest bit of confidence that Wilson will finally get something right at this late date?

Esplain...