PDA

View Full Version : Is Incognito a good player?

BillsWin
12-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Yes, I know he is a bad person. Or at least has been in the past. But he has started a good amount of games, has good size and is only 26.

Is he a viable option here in Buffalo for the future? Granted if he shapes up his attitude.

How good of a player is he?

yordad
12-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't know, but if he hurts Wilfork he is going in my sig, title, and username!

DraftBoy
12-17-2009, 12:05 PM
He's got some skills, but he's a bone head and has a bad temper that he can't control. So he's a big time liability.

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he play Center his first few years in the league?

The Juice Is Loose
12-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I say youth size and experience are three things you can't ignore.

If we can get a coach with some balls that will hold his players to a standard, like Russ Grimm, I think we could have a good problem.

Granted, his contract is up after the season, but if he has some good games maybe he's a keeper.

I can't ignore that Wood's natural position is Center. I can't ignore that Incognito is a solid guard.

LT - DBD (not on team yet)
LG - Levitre
C - Wood
RG - Incognito
RT - TBD (Butler? Bell? Free agent/draftee)

Hangartner has fallen out of my graces.

BillsWin
12-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, I played defensive line. So dirty o-linemen piss me off. But you have to have a mean streak to play in the trenches. If he can cut back on the penalties, does he have the skills to start and be good?

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Simmons has more talent than Incognito, IMO.

Dicknoze69
12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Started as a freshman in Nebraska. All Big-12 as a sophomore. 3rd round pick in 2005. Had some pretty ridiculous combine numbers before tearing his ACL there (4.84 forty yard dash). Sat out rookie year with that knee injury. Started all 16 games in his 2nd year.

He's got talent and a good amount of it. I don't see much risk here for the Bills...if he sucks or throws a tantrum, he's gone. It's definitely worth it to see if getting cut by the Rams has tempered his anger issues.

The Juice Is Loose
12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
You know what else? I'd rather have some players piss me off due to them being fired up and heated in battle.

I'm so used to my team just seeming so impartial and dissinterested, I can't take it anymore. Everyone is too cool to care. At least he's willing to make himself look like an ass to battle a rival.

I swear, our team is a bunch of feline associated anatomy slang words.

And I say again, Parcells tried getting him as well.

cocamide
12-17-2009, 12:17 PM
You know what else? I'd rather have some players piss me off due to them being fired up and heated in battle.

*cough* Duke Preston *cough*

bigbub2352
12-17-2009, 12:20 PM
I think with his exceptions of behavior, he is a nasty old school type Olineman, and the things he has done to get in trouble were usually in retaliation from what i have read, he has size and is a road grader in the run game and was a good talent coming out of college,
If a new coachign staff come's in and he is still here i bete he stays, cant have enough depth on the Oline,
If wood has problems with his injury RIchie can play at a hi level for us
i love this signing he takes no **** from anyone and yes sometimes acts the wrong way but maybe it would be nice to have a guy on our side doing the pushing around for a change!
Simmons and Richie next yr would be great interior Depth and yes Richie can play Center as well

bigbub2352
12-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, I played defensive line. So dirty o-linemen piss me off. But you have to have a mean streak to play in the trenches. If he can cut back on the penalties, does he have the skills to start and be good?
I was in the trenchs as well my friend and i think he can play and help us, anything is better than the bums that have been brought in to start here in recent yrs, without him having a problem with his coach on a horrible team IMO he would have never been cut
Love Nasty players we need it to face up with the AFC east Dline's that have pushed our guys around for the better part of this decade

TigerJ
12-17-2009, 01:19 PM
With a name like that, we probably wouldn't recognize it if he were a good player. Yeah, it's trite, but someone had to say it and get it out of the way.

madness
12-17-2009, 01:24 PM
*cough* Duke Preston *cough*

I think he meant players with talent.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2009, 01:30 PM
In the limited time I've seen him play he's a poor blocker with a bad attitude and zero common sense.

He should fit in well here!

DieHrdBillsFan23
12-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Put aside his attitude, If he turns out to be a good Guard for us down the strech, why not resign him, he wont command alot of money and being young and nasty could be a good linemen in the trenches. Here is what our Oline could look like,
LT (TBD), LG - Simmons/Incognito, C- Wood, RG - Incognito/Simmons, RT- Levitre (his postion in College)

Ron Burgundy
12-17-2009, 01:48 PM
He won't be on the team next year.