PDA

View Full Version : Vinny Cerrato?

Prov401
12-17-2009, 01:35 PM
He resigned as GM of the Redskins. I know they are consistantly at the bottom of the NFC East, however, they always have seemed to wow the top free agents and spend for the best free agents available. I for one believe the Redskins just suck at hiring head coaches.

To my point, do you think he would be a good fit here in Buffalo, providing we get somebody like Grimm, or one of the desired coaches? I don't know much about the guy, other than he seems to jump the gun ever free agency period, and gets one of the best players available. I hear his drafts are a bit off though.

Thoughts?

T-Long
12-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Don't know much about him, but no thanks. I'm on the Decosta bandwagon

Demon
12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Because the Redskins have been so successful right?

He had an unlimited budget and failed.

Mudflap1
12-17-2009, 01:42 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!

Ron Burgundy
12-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Jesus titty****ing Christ, NO. I doubt he'll make it out of Landover without being assassinated anyways.

He might be the most hated man in D.C., and that's saying something.

Prov401
12-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Like I said, I don't know much about the guy. Obviously the general consensus here is f*** no. So, I guess that's all I need to know.

OpIv37
12-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Because the Redskins have been so successful right?

He had an unlimited budget and failed.

he had an unlimited budget, but he was also told how and when to spend it. I think the Skins would have been better if Snyder just signed checks and left the decisions up to Cerrato.

That being said, I don't want Cerrato for the following reasons:

1. He's a yes-man. Ralph can be a meddler at times too, and we need someone with the testicular fortitude to stand up to him.

2. All the sportscasters and writers in this area say that he's an introvert who lacks connections and often rubs people the wrong way. In a business where specific information is critical and today's competition may be tomorrow's trade partner, those are not good traits to have.

Ron is right- people in DC HATE Cerrato and are glad he's gone. Some of the hatred is justified and sometimes he takes the blame for Snyder, but either way he would still be a terrible pickup as GM.

However, I would take him in a scouting capacity of some sort-just not as a decision-maker.