PDA

View Full Version : OT's in top 12 picks and I do not want Bruce Campbell

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Campbell looks like a beast with his power and size. But he lacks experience as he was a backup last season. And also he was injured this season. So I would not spend a 1st or2nd on this guy, too risky. I doubt he declares, as if he has a strong, injury free 2010 he can be a 1st rounder.

Okung
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Charles Brown
Selvish Capers

They need to draft one of these guys in either Rd 1 or Rd 2. Of course 3 of them will likely be gone after Rd 1.

kernowboy
12-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Campbell looks like a beast with his power and size. But he lacks experience as he was a backup last season. And also he was injured this season. So I would not spend a 1st or2nd on this guy, too risky. I doubt he declares, as if he has a strong, injury free 2010 he can be a 1st rounder.

Okung
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Charles Brown
Selvish Capers

They need to draft one of these guys in either Rd 1 or Rd 2. Of course 3 of them will likely be gone after Rd 1.

Trent Williams has only played one year at LT and has really struggled. Anthony Davis is a great run blocker who is poor in pass protection. Both of these guys are more likely to be Right Tackles.

Charles Brown is athletic but really light at under 300lbs whilst Selvin Capers is so raw he's a huge project

Bryan Bulaga is better than all of these guys behind Okung and Campbell is ahead of Bulaga.

Campbell has a season and a half at LT, having taken over midway through last season. He has almost as much LT starting experience as Davis, more starting LT experience than Williams. Capers has been starting at RT so has very little if no experience at LT. And Brown has only started for a little longer than Campbell despite being in college a year longer.

So ahead of Campbell who has a season and a half at LT as a junior you want.

Williams - one year starting at LT as a senior only
Davis - a little more experience than Campbell but considered a RT by many
Brown - a little more experience but now a senior so developed later
Capers - a right tackle in college?

Bruce Campbell has more upside than any other OT in the draft. As it is his play is leading some to suggest that if he has a great combine it may be a coin toss between him and Okung. As it is Campbell will be a top12 pick if he declares. Think an East Coast Ryan Clady .... and I definitely would take him over all the others except Okung.

kernowboy
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Okung, Brown, Bulaga and CAMPBELL are clear R1 picks, Okung and Campbell likely in the top 12, Brown and Bulaga in the Top20

Davis is on the cusp R1/R2 as is Williams.

Capers will drop into R3 and will not be a rookie season starter.

EDS
12-17-2009, 04:24 PM

Okung
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Charles Brown
Selvish Capers

Could any of those guys, including Campbell, be any less ready to start then Bell was this year?

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Campbell isn't even listed on most OT rankings. He will likely stay at school or not that highly rated.

kernowboy
12-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Campbell isn't even listed on most OT rankings. He will likely stay at school or not that highly rated.

All the mock drafts I've seen which have been updated in the last month have him going in the top half of R1.

Walterfootball have him going 6th in R1

A 6ft7 310lbs LT who bench presses 490lbs and has run a 40 in 4.82 will not last long before his name is called.

Raptor
12-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I do not get the love fest this site has with B.Bulaga. Everywhere else he's like the 4th-6th Tackle on the board. Here however Its him Okung and everyone else

Honestly I'll be shocked if he stays at Tackle in the NFL

To each his own I guess

kernowboy
12-17-2009, 05:50 PM
"Nice size, wide frame, not fat. Long arms. A bit thin in his upper body, could add more weight. Very athletic with quick feet. Moves very well. May be one of the most athletic OT's in this class. Technique could use some work. Punches when he blocks instead of locking on with locked arms. Also doesn't slide to create a wall as well as he should. He certainly has the quickness and athleticism to move and create the wall around the pocket. Looks like it could be coaching (1st 8:20). One of the nastier players in this draft, shows an attitude in the way he blocks, doesn't just go through the motions. When he run blokcs, he starts driving and doesnt stop. Great motor at OT. His athleticism at the position is off the charts. Hes raw, and could use more muscle, but hes a very good prospect"

All rookies need some coaching but can you imagine if we get Russ Grimm as Head Coach what an absolute beast this guy will be? ... our QB will have all week to throw the ball - and its about time we had some 'attitude' on the OL

Raptor
12-17-2009, 06:31 PM
"Nice size, wide frame, not fat. Long arms. A bit thin in his upper body, could add more weight. Very athletic with quick feet. Moves very well. May be one of the most athletic OT's in this class. Technique could use some work. Punches when he blocks instead of locking on with locked arms. Also doesn't slide to create a wall as well as he should. He certainly has the quickness and athleticism to move and create the wall around the pocket. Looks like it could be coaching (1st 8:20). One of the nastier players in this draft, shows an attitude in the way he blocks, doesn't just go through the motions. When he run blokcs, he starts driving and doesnt stop. Great motor at OT. His athleticism at the position is off the charts. Hes raw, and could use more muscle, but hes a very good prospect"

There is no way that is written about Bulaga and if it is wow I have no idea what they were watching if it is. "His athleticism at the position is off the charts" lolol what? His athleticism is very much on the charts haha.

I saw a guy this year who built up a rep having decent games against DE's who carry a no higher than 4th round grade. Then when he finally gets his shot at a first round talent he gets completely and utterly destroyed.

He's got a chance to redeem himself against D.Morgan but if he has a repeat performance of the Michigan game there is zero chance he's going in the first, the second is a long shot, and most teams will start thinking like I do right now and consider him more of a Guard on the next level

kernowboy
12-18-2009, 01:33 AM
There is no way that is written about Bulaga and if it is wow I have no idea what they were watching if it is. "His athleticism at the position is off the charts" lolol what? His athleticism is very much on the charts haha.

I saw a guy this year who built up a rep having decent games against DE's who carry a no higher than 4th round grade. Then when he finally gets his shot at a first round talent he gets completely and utterly destroyed.

He's got a chance to redeem himself against D.Morgan but if he has a repeat performance of the Michigan game there is zero chance he's going in the first, the second is a long shot, and most teams will start thinking like I do right now and consider him more of a Guard on the next level

No Raptor, that's written about Bruce Campbell. Bulaga is however likely to be a 1st rounder

X-Era
12-18-2009, 05:38 AM

Okung
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Charles Brown
Selvish Capers

Id throw a few more as possibilities to rise into Round 2... Jason Fox, Sam Young, and a guy I really like a lot Zane Beadles.