PDA

View Full Version : Chris Johnson says Ted Ginn Jr stood him up when they arranged a foot race

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 03:22 PM
DAVIE, Fla. — When it came to talking trash about who's faster, NFL rushing leader Chris Johnson won going away Wednesday.

Johnson said speedy Miami Dolphins receiver Ted Ginn Jr. stood him up when they agreed to a foot race during a summer pool party on Miami Beach.

"We were going to race down Ocean Drive," said Johnson, who considers himself the league's fastest player. "I walked down to the street, and he never showed up."

The subject arose during a conference call with South Florida media. Johnson and his Tennessee Titans play the Dolphins on Sunday.

Johnson said the race was arranged at a party last off-season attended by Ginn, Dolphins teammate Joey Porter and other NFL players.

"Him and Joey Porter were talking about how he could beat me," Johnson said. "When it came down to it, he was a no-show."

Ginn said the idea for the race didn't come from him or Johnson.

"It wasn't anything like I didn't show up," Ginn said. "It wasn't like I went to him to say, 'Let's race.' There were some guys at the party who wanted to say who was faster, so they started the rumour. It's not like I'm denying it or I'm scared of him."

So who's faster?

"I feel like I could beat him," Ginn said. "He feels like he could beat me."

Johnson was less diplomatic when asked if he's faster than Ginn.

"That's not even a legitimate question," Johnson said.

Is Johnson faster than Olympic champion Usain Bolt?

"That's a better question," Johnson said. "I think I would beat him like in the 50."

Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder declined to side with his teammate. He said Johnson would beat Ginn - and perhaps Bolt, too.

"He might roll Bolt in the 100," Crowder said. "Y'all don't know how fast that boy is. He is fast, fast, fast. Flat-out FAST - capital letters."

Johnson has rushed for 1,626 yards this season and could become the sixth player to reach the 2,000 milestone. He had a time of 4.24 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine last year.

Ginn is a former national prep champion in the high hurdles who played at Ohio State.

"He's pretty fast," Johnson said. "But a lot of people get it mistaken at the conference he played at. Was it the Big Ten? They're a slow conference. They don't have fast guys in that conference. It automatically makes him look like he's a real fast guy."

Johnson said he has never taken part in the sort of challenge race arranged with Ginn.

"They say they want to," he said, "but they end up backing out."

LtFinFan66
12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
he said- he said....non-story

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 04:31 PM
he said- he said....non-story

Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder declined to side with his teammate. He said Johnson would beat Ginn - and perhaps Bolt, too.

His own teammate even said he'd lose.

Combine time doesn't lie either.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 04:32 PM
The confidence by CJ says a lot too

"I feel like I could beat him," Ginn said. "He feels like he could beat me."

Johnson was less diplomatic when asked if he's faster than Ginn.

"That's not even a legitimate question," Johnson said.

Is Johnson faster than Olympic champion Usain Bolt?

"That's a better question," Johnson said. "I think I would beat him like in the 50."

LtFinFan66
12-17-2009, 05:01 PM

His own teammate even said he'd lose.

Combine time doesn't lie either.what does any of that have to do with this story:idunno:

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
That he's not faster.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
That he's not faster.still has nothing to do with the story. sorry

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Hater.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2009, 06:45 PM
:rofl:

BuffaloBlitz83
12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
LT,
I've made threads giving the phins credit, like when they beat NE and also when I made one claiming they are the best team in AFC east. But I hate how you are such a homer, the slightest thing that takes a shot at a Dolphin and you get all whiny and claim it is non issue or untrue. Come on man. you can still be a Dolphins fan even if you go against a phin or rip on a phin. Sheesh.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2009, 06:51 PM
I never said Ginn was or wasn't faster or anything. I just simply said that your numbers didn't have anything to do with whether or not a challenge was or was not laid out which is what the article says. That's all. just giving you a hard time

Just the facts man:up:

if you can show how my original statement was whiny...then I will take my crap. just don't see it though. Has nothing to do with being a homer

Mike13
12-17-2009, 09:23 PM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/12/16/titans-running-back-chris-johnson-said-ted-ginn-jr-ducked-him-in-a-match-race/

Ginn, speaking a few hours after Johnson on Wednesday, said he didn’t duck anyone. It was never his inention to race.
“It was some guys in the party who wanted to go out and say who’s faster,” Ginn said.
Ginn, however, didn’t concede that Johnson would win.
“I feel like I can beat him,” Ginn said. “He feels like he can beat me

This has to be the dumbest non-story of the year, its playoff run time people.

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 08:04 AM
I was reading through PFT and lately there has been a lot of scuttle butt and whatnot about a potential 50 yard race between Chris Johnson of Tennessee and Tedd Ginn Jr of Miami.

Florio actually suggested they should do it at the pro bowl.

That would be an awesome idea! But I don't think the NFL will pick up something like that and capitalize.

But anyway, I know Johnson had the fastest combine time, but I've also seen Ginn leave a vapor trail running on a kickoff return. (The one Ohio lost to Florida comes to mind)

Who do you guys think would win?

streetkings01
12-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Both have been clocked at 4.2/40......I think Ginn Jr. takes it. Johnson picks up speed in a hurry, but once Ginn Jr. gets going he's like a missle.

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Ginn has that stride too. I bet he takes 5-6 yard strides when he's hitting that 3rd gear.

yordad
12-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Johnson is my guess.

DraftBoy
12-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Id love to see the race, but it is a non-story.

!Papacrunk!
12-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Combine time doesn't lie either.

Ginn wasn't 100% healed from his injury at that time

DraftBoy
12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Ginn wasn't 100% healed from his injury at that time

He was at his pro day time though I believe. 4.38 was his best at the Pro Day.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Chris Johnson has the fastest official time ALL TIME.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Chris Johnson, best player in the NFL, fastest player in the NFL, case closed.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Chris Johnson, best player in the NFL, fastest player in the NFL, case closed.

Mike13
12-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Yeah lets only hear one side of the story.

Devin
12-22-2009, 03:20 AM
Chris Johnson would smoke Ginn. But its a non-point since Johnson would smoke almost anyone in the NFL. He has ridiculous speed.

ParanoidAndroid
12-22-2009, 06:53 AM
This talk about running against Bolt is a laugher. There is no way on "God's Green Earth" either of those guys could even hold Bolt's jock at 100m. Johnson couldn't take him in the 50m, either.

mybills
12-22-2009, 06:56 AM
This thread is hilarious!

Static
12-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Johnson could beat him in a football catching contest also.

yordad
12-23-2009, 06:49 PM
This talk about running against Bolt is a laugher. There is no way on "God's Green Earth" either of those guys could even hold Bolt's jock at 100m. Johnson couldn't take him in the 50m, either.This guy (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=582) says it would have been really close at 40.

Demon
12-23-2009, 11:58 PM
This guy (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=582) says it would have been really close at 40.

Chris Johnson was on sirius radio tonight with SI's Ross Tucker and said he is thinking about preparing for the 2012 Summer Olympics. He said he's not sure if he can out run Bolt or not but said nobody in the NFL can catch him and it's unknown if he's not as fast as Bolt. Crazy stuff.

DraftBoy
12-24-2009, 12:15 PM
He's an idiot then and him training for the olympics would basically derail his football career.

Bravo82
12-24-2009, 06:13 PM
He's an idiot then and him training for the olympics would basically derail his football career.

Who cares? The man already has his millions. He can do whatever he wants with his life. I can already see all the endorsement deals if he did make a run at the olympics.

ParanoidAndroid
12-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Bolt's top speed is not attainable by men who beat Johnson on the track including Walter Dix. Why would Johnson have a chance?

ParanoidAndroid
12-25-2009, 07:24 PM
This guy (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=582) says it would have been really close at 40.

There are a lot of guys around the track that could take Bolt at 40 yards, so 40 yards...perhaps, but by 50 meters, Johnson is toast.

DraftBoy
12-28-2009, 11:52 AM
There are a lot of guys around the track that could take Bolt at 40 yards, so 40 yards...perhaps, but by 50 meters, Johnson is toast.

Which is all that matter since 40 yards doesnt mean ****.

DraftBoy
12-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Who cares? The man already has his millions. He can do whatever he wants with his life. I can already see all the endorsement deals if he did make a run at the olympics.

Yea I can see it too, former NFL RB falls flat on his face after being stupid and challenging Bolt, who breaks the WR running backwards for 10M of the race likely.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Bolt's ppl and Chris Johnson's ppl are in negotiations for a charity race. The hold up is CJ wants it at 60 m and Bolt wants it at 100 m. Maybe they can meet at 80 m?

The Spaz
01-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Johnson will be toast!

BuffaloBlitz83
01-04-2010, 12:34 PM
At least he has the guts. Ginn is still hiding.

Mike13
01-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Usain Bolt could beat CJ without having to train.