PDA

View Full Version : Billick: Boller armed for test

Gunzlingr
06-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Halfway through the Ravens' offseason camps, coach Brian Billick said rookie Kyle Boller has proved fully capable of competing for the starting quarterback job.
Though Chris Redman is considered the favorite to start the season, Boller has lived up to early expectations, keeping the quarterback position officially open when training camp begins in 56 days. The first-round draft pick out of California continues to build to that point today, when the Ravens start another weeklong passing camp.

"Everything that you saw in Kyle before, we've seen in minicamp," Billick said. "He's got a strong arm, the athleticism and is very intelligent. There's still a long, long way to go. But there has been nothing so far through the eight practices that you go, 'Oh, boy, we missed on this.' It's all been an extension of what we saw earlier."

Boller's most impressive asset has been his arm strength. A day after the Ravens drafted him, ESPN analyst and former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski said Boller already has one of the top five arms in the NFL.

more (http://www.sunspot.net/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens02jun02,0,2840117.story?coll=bal%2Dsports%2Dfootball)

The_Philster
06-13-2003, 03:13 AM
Smudges are downside of Ravens QB's approach
Ask Kyle Boller if he sweated yesterday's two-minute drill and he'll flash his left hand.
In his first go-round running the Ravens' hurry-up attack, the rookie quarterback drove the offense to the 5-yard line with a cool head and a foolproof plan. Like a kid trying to cram for his first big test, Boller had scribbled plays on his palm.

"I don't want to mess it up out there," Boller said. "If you're in a two-minute drill and you don't know a play, the confidence is not going to be there with your teammates. So, I wanted to make sure I got everything down." ...

more (http://www.sunspot.net/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens13jun13001550,0,1710931.story?coll=bal-sports-football)