• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

This game will not be close.

Take a look at the last 8 years (since 2002).

We have NEVER been close to the Patriots in BOTH games. Doesn't matter home or away. Most of the times, it's the first game we're close (or win in 2003), sometimes it's the 2nd game (Holcomb 2005 game). Sometimes we're in the mix as the hot team (when we got the SNF flex-game with Madden at the Ralph), sometimes it's a meaningless game.

But we ALWAYS get blown out once. We had our chance to win our close one for the year. Time to take our annual beating from NE.
    Sure, every given Sunday, first time for every thing, Patriots are on a downturn, la la la la la, this has been the sure bet for the Bills in the 21st century so you shouldn't expect it to be competitive for long.

I would love to be wrong here, but even if I was, we'd drop it at the end anyways.
    Expect the Pats road woes to suddenly disappear, NFL.com front stories that they are back, sharp rises in power rankings, and Fitz to have his 3rd-consecutive sub-100 game in a 45-13 beating. Take the kids to the slopes this weekend if you can.
    Last edited by Oaf; 12-17-2009, 10:00 PM.

• Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: This game will not be close.

The PATS have not been playing that well but they are still about 100 better than we are. The last couple teams we beat played so poorly that they out poured our poor play. You watch the PATS show up with something to prove this week and beat the snot out of us.

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

couldn't agree with you more...this game is going to be REALLY ugly probally by the end of the 1st quarter
      The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

Let's hope so.

Once we are eliminated mathematically from playoff contention i really think Russ Brandon will take a more reckless approach at fixing the front office and we'll start seeing guys come in for interviews, i think names will start popping up for head coach and maybe we will see Brian Brohm because Fewell will be all but gone. He's holding hope with ugly wins and only way he can even be considered as a candidate for head coach is beating the Patriots.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Oaf
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Demon
          Let's hope so.

Once we are eliminated mathematically from playoff contention i really think Russ Brandon will take a more reckless approach at fixing the front office and we'll start seeing guys come in for interviews, i think names will start popping up for head coach and maybe we will see Brian Brohm because Fewell will be all but gone. He's holding hope with ugly wins and only way he can even be considered as a candidate for head coach is beating the Patriots.
          Indeed, part of me wants to beat the Pats and win out, but in that case far too many people would keep their jobs (certainly Fewell) and we'd get that optimism of an up and coming team only to get slammed in 2010.

The ideal situation was to lose out, but beat the Pats. Everyone gets fired, but. we beat the Pats. Why'd we have to screw it up already against KC?

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
            Indeed, part of me wants to beat the Pats and win out, but in that case far too many people would keep their jobs (certainly Fewell) and we'd get that optimism of an up and coming team only to get slammed in 2010.

The ideal situation was to lose out, but beat the Pats. Everyone gets fired, but. we beat the Pats. Why'd we have to screw it up already against KC?
            Fitzpatrick did his job trying to lose.... but we can thank Chris Chambers. He makes that catch and things are much brighter IMO.

And you hit it on the nail. A few more wins and guys like Guy, Modrak and Fewell will keep their jobs. Even Alex Van Pelt might keep his job if we keep winning. That is my worst nightmare.
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Oaf
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Demon
              but we can thank Chris Chambers. He makes that catch and things are much brighter IMO.
              Man, how low have we gotten. What a sad point for this franchise where we're yearning for missed opportunities OTHER teams had to beat us.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                • Mar 2007

The Pats are very beatable right now. Not the same team as years past. That being said...uhhh

Comment

• Oaf
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Oldbillsfan
                  The Pats are very beatable right now. Not the same team as years past. That being said...uhhh
                  THat's what they said about the game that got flexed (I love MNF and SNF broadcasts but it's painfully every time we're on em.)

Besides, we're technically worse than years past too.

Comment

• DrGraves
                    • Mar 2008

everyone thinks moss is done... guarantee 150 yards a 2 scores.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                      • Mar 2004

I don't know what I want. Yes I hate the pats and would love to see us beat them. And hey there is a very slim outside chance we could win the division lol. But lets say we manage to accomplish one of those tasks it could spell serious trouble for the franchise. Buffalo NEEDS to clean house after this season and that might not if we win this damn game. I am torn! :op:
                      Last edited by BillsFanCupp38; 12-18-2009, 01:30 AM.
                      Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Griff
                        • Jul 2008

I'm only 6 points out of first place, c'mon Randy get my 1st place!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

I think it will be closer then you think. Pats are very beatable and only won 1 game on the road and that was London so really away game for both teams. As long as we get some kind of good play from Fitz like no TOs then we can win.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Besides an overall advantage in talent at most positions, the Pats have Tom Brady at QB. We have Ryan Fitzpatrick.

If it's close, many of us will be surprised.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

they just lost 2 games they're gonna be pissed and they're going to take it out on us.

Comment

Working...
                              X