PDA

View Full Version : This game will not be close.

Oaf
12-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Take a look at the last 8 years (since 2002).

We have NEVER been close to the Patriots in BOTH games. Doesn't matter home or away. Most of the times, it's the first game we're close (or win in 2003), sometimes it's the 2nd game (Holcomb 2005 game). Sometimes we're in the mix as the hot team (when we got the SNF flex-game with Madden at the Ralph), sometimes it's a meaningless game.

But we ALWAYS get blown out once. We had our chance to win our close one for the year. Time to take our annual beating from NE. :ill:
Sure, every given Sunday, first time for every thing, Patriots are on a downturn, la la la la la, this has been the sure bet for the Bills in the 21st century so you shouldn't expect it to be competitive for long.

I would love to be wrong here, but even if I was, we'd drop it at the end anyways.
Expect the Pats road woes to suddenly disappear, NFL.com front stories that they are back, sharp rises in power rankings, and Fitz to have his 3rd-consecutive sub-100 game in a 45-13 beating. Take the kids to the slopes this weekend if you can.

Typ0
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
The PATS have not been playing that well but they are still about 100 better than we are. The last couple teams we beat played so poorly that they out poured our poor play. You watch the PATS show up with something to prove this week and beat the snot out of us.

more cowbell
12-17-2009, 10:07 PM
couldn't agree with you more...this game is going to be REALLY ugly probally by the end of the 1st quarter

Demon
12-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Let's hope so.

Once we are eliminated mathematically from playoff contention i really think Russ Brandon will take a more reckless approach at fixing the front office and we'll start seeing guys come in for interviews, i think names will start popping up for head coach and maybe we will see Brian Brohm because Fewell will be all but gone. He's holding hope with ugly wins and only way he can even be considered as a candidate for head coach is beating the Patriots.

Oaf
12-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Let's hope so.

Once we are eliminated mathematically from playoff contention i really think Russ Brandon will take a more reckless approach at fixing the front office and we'll start seeing guys come in for interviews, i think names will start popping up for head coach and maybe we will see Brian Brohm because Fewell will be all but gone. He's holding hope with ugly wins and only way he can even be considered as a candidate for head coach is beating the Patriots.
Indeed, part of me wants to beat the Pats and win out, but in that case far too many people would keep their jobs (certainly Fewell) and we'd get that optimism of an up and coming team only to get slammed in 2010.

The ideal situation was to lose out, but beat the Pats. Everyone gets fired, but. we beat the Pats. Why'd we have to screw it up already against KC?

Demon
12-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Indeed, part of me wants to beat the Pats and win out, but in that case far too many people would keep their jobs (certainly Fewell) and we'd get that optimism of an up and coming team only to get slammed in 2010.

The ideal situation was to lose out, but beat the Pats. Everyone gets fired, but. we beat the Pats. Why'd we have to screw it up already against KC?

Fitzpatrick did his job trying to lose.... but we can thank Chris Chambers. He makes that catch and things are much brighter IMO.

And you hit it on the nail. A few more wins and guys like Guy, Modrak and Fewell will keep their jobs. Even Alex Van Pelt might keep his job if we keep winning. That is my worst nightmare.

Oaf
12-18-2009, 12:09 AM
but we can thank Chris Chambers. He makes that catch and things are much brighter IMO.

Man, how low have we gotten. What a sad point for this franchise where we're yearning for missed opportunities OTHER teams had to beat us.

Oldbillsfan
12-18-2009, 12:21 AM
The Pats are very beatable right now. Not the same team as years past. That being said...uhhh

Oaf
12-18-2009, 12:33 AM
The Pats are very beatable right now. Not the same team as years past. That being said...uhhh

THat's what they said about the game that got flexed (I love MNF and SNF broadcasts but it's painfully every time we're on em.)

Besides, we're technically worse than years past too. :yucky:

DrGraves
12-18-2009, 01:09 AM
everyone thinks moss is done... guarantee 150 yards a 2 scores.

BillsFanCupp38
12-18-2009, 01:29 AM
I don't know what I want. Yes I hate the pats and would love to see us beat them. And hey there is a very slim outside chance we could win the division lol. But lets say we manage to accomplish one of those tasks it could spell serious trouble for the franchise. Buffalo NEEDS to clean house after this season and that might not if we win this damn game. I am torn! :op:

Griff
12-18-2009, 03:50 AM
I'm only 6 points out of first place, c'mon Randy get my 1st place!

SquishDaFish
12-18-2009, 06:15 AM
I think it will be closer then you think. Pats are very beatable and only won 1 game on the road and that was London so really away game for both teams. As long as we get some kind of good play from Fitz like no TOs then we can win.

Jan Reimers
12-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Besides an overall advantage in talent at most positions, the Pats have Tom Brady at QB. We have Ryan Fitzpatrick.

If it's close, many of us will be surprised.

ddaryl
12-18-2009, 08:16 AM
they just lost 2 games they're gonna be pissed and they're going to take it out on us.

Syderick
12-18-2009, 09:31 AM
The Holcomb game was the first one. The blowout was when J.P returned in Nov. The Pats are going to win.

Oaf
12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
You gotta read the post again. No matter the circumstances surrounding the game, we have 1 heartbreaker plus one blowout/shutout per season. Again, it really is much better for us when the Pats are rolling and everyone is putting 16-point lines on then when people actually give us a chance in the game (one pt underdogs here :ill:)

Seriously, we have better chances of winning through a shocking upset then we do when we go "toe to toe". Pats are going to take care of all their issues at the expense of those who paid to sell out the Ralph.

Typ0
12-18-2009, 01:11 PM
You gotta read the post again. No matter the circumstances surrounding the game, we have 1 heartbreaker plus one blowout/shutout per season. Again, it really is much better for us when the Pats are rolling and everyone is putting 16-point lines on then when people actually give us a chance in the game (one pt underdogs here :ill:)

Seriously, we have better chances of winning through a shocking upset then we do when we go "toe to toe". Pats are going to take care of all their issues at the expense of those who paid to sell out the Ralph.

It's really hard to believe we are a one point dog. I guess that is just a testament to the fact that we have zero relevance and people don't pay attention to us. Basically, we are on a win streak despite the fact that we've played horrible and the PATS have played better but lost. So the betting public is thinking upset and there is the 2 points for home advantage. So the betting public thinks we're only a 3 point swing from the PATS on a neutral field. Most of us Bills fans know different and should be betting against our team this week.

billistic
12-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Agree: The Patriots have lost a lot of steam, but the Bills are at, or very near, rock bottom.

The Patriots now have to be a bit careful where they step, but the Bills are up to their eyebrows in diarrhea.

mybills
12-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Screw them. We could win on pick sixes. They are not guaranteed this win and the Bills are not guaranteed this loss.

:gobills:

OpIv37
12-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Screw them. We could win on pick sixes. They are not guaranteed this win and the Bills are not guaranteed this loss.

:gobills:

there are no guarantees in sports, but this is as close to a guaranteed loss as it possibly gets.

And no, we can't win on pick sixes alone. Their O is going to march all over us, and Brady isn't likely to throw any INT's for TD's, let alone enough for us to keep up with their offense.

Our ONLY chance is for the O to actually be productive- with 2-3 long drives that end in TD's and no more than 3 or 4 3-and-outs. And they haven't done that all year.

Add to that the fact that Bellicheck probably stole our signals during the first game....

Believe me, I want nothing more than to end this losing streak to the Pats and put them in danger of missing the playoffs again. But realistically, they are still the much better team and should win with ease.

billistic
12-18-2009, 02:47 PM
The way the knowledgeable Patriots fan sees this game:

http://isportsweb.com/2009/12/18/steve-steves-patriots-bills-key-matchups/

OpIv37
12-18-2009, 02:50 PM
The way the knowledgeable Patriots fan sees this game:

http://isportsweb.com/2009/12/18/steve-steves-patriots-bills-key-matchups/

Knowledgeable Patriots fans? No such thing (well, except NE39).

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Pats 31 Bills 0

Oaf
12-18-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm glad we can all come together on this. :hug:

Typ0
12-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm glad we can all come together on this. :hug:

Don't you think it's about time we agreed on something?

billistic
12-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Fred Jackson hits two quick TD strikes to Joe Klopfenstein out of the wildcat. The Patriots are forced to abandon their running game to play catch up. Jairus Byrd intercepts passes faster than Brady can throw them. Belichick is too humbled to go over and congratulate Fewell. Fans tear down the goalposts.

Could happen...