• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Redskins already negotiationg with Shanahan

Well, that's didn't take long. . reports already trickling that a deal could be done very soon

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • EricStratton
    • Jul 2002

Re: Redskins already negotiationg with Shanahan

The Bills (and 27 other teams for that matter) just can't compete financially with Dan Snyder if money is a main driving factor for Mike.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Money is the factor for Shanny so good luck to him.

I personally don't see how the Redskins are any more better than the Bills right now in terms of overall team talent.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

No shock we all knew he wanted the Dallas or Washington job. This was always about money for him.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• homeslice5484
          • Jul 2008

I didnt really want him anyways. His team folded like ours last year and his D sucked.

Comment

• Barb
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by RockStar36
            Money is the factor for Shanny so good luck to him.

I personally don't see how the Redskins are any more better than the Bills right now in terms of overall team talent.

but you rather have to coach in DC or in buffalo....that is why no high profile guy will come here, its dead

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

It's definitely about money for Shanahan. I wanted him, but I don't see what's more enticing about that crappy Redskins team over the one here. The only key is that he'll probably get $12 million or more per season. If he gets $10 million or less, then I will be pissed. But Over that is really too much.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

If the report about money is true, its NOT only about money for Shanahan.. reportedly Wilson was willing to pay up to $10 million, how can it only be about money?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  If the report about money is true, its NOT only about money for Shanahan.. reportedly Wilson was willing to pay up to $10 million, how can it only be about money?
                  up to $10 million. I bet he gets even more from the Skins.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

the redskins have half of our rejects.....OUR REJECTS?!!? and that is the better gig?

I think this might be a blessing in disguise....if we had a competent owner. This would force them to get the GM and then get an up and comng hungry coach who gets the talent he needs.

but knowing 1BD, they'll find a way to ask brandon and modrak to find a couple undersized players who talk the right game in interviews, and are very capable of giving the post game interview of "we're all frustrated. we have to turn this around soon" speech, and pair it with a 1970 retread head coach who still thinks life comes out of a wishbone attack.

To be a bills fan.....

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Wait and see what he gets.

There is no way Snyder was going to be outbid by Wilson. If the Bills were offering 10 mil, the Skins will offer more.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

That wonderful however was Wilson also going to guarantee he'd pay whatever it cost to bring in top tier FA's like Snyder will do?

It is about money, it may just not be solely about his contract though.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

but if wilson was giving him a piece of the ownership pie and the team is sold upon his death, that's a lot of extra cash coming to shanahan.

Let's face it. Gregg Easterbrook is right. Shanahan is an ego maniac as evidenced by his title with the broncos and his ability to fire defensive coordinators and never shoulder the actual blame. shanahan is only going to be heralded as a big story if he turns buffalo around. in washington, no one cares about the performance. if he sucks, people will write it off as dan synder being too involved and he'll get another crack at it. if he wins, he's in the biggest market.

If he fails in buffalo and he doesn't have an endless money train funding his decisions, he's done. no one seems to come back after they failed in buffalo.

Comment

• Prov401
                            President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                            • Aug 2008

Honestly, the only coaches I would be willing to break the bank for is Bill Cowher or Tony Dungy. 10-12 mil is rediculous, let's be honest. Shanahan went to the playoffs 4 times out of 9 years this decade. He had the luxury of playing with one of the greatest QB's of all time in Elway, and that is the reason he won those two Superbowls, along with Terrell Davis. If Cowher really doesn't want to even listen to an offer from us, which seems likely, than I'm fine with getting someone like Grimm, Zimmer, or Frazier for half the price.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I get the feeling Shanahan used Buffalo to raise up his asking price knowing Washington will be in the mix for his services. Why did he refuse to meet with them previously stating he does not want to talk about a position while the previous coach is still there but now after talking to Buffalo is in negotioations with the Skins even though Zorn is still there.

Comment

Working...
                              X