PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know the tie breakers for NFL Draft Order Determination?

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Just wondering. If it's division record, we're currently 2-3.

Anybody know what they are and the order?

psubills62
12-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Strength of schedule is the tiebreaker for draft order. The lower your SOS, the better pick you'll get if tied with other teams.

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 08:57 AM
I expect both us and Oakland to be the 5 win teams. I guess I gotta look up their SOS then...

Scumbag College
12-18-2009, 09:45 AM
It doesn't matter if Oakland picks before the Bills. They're the only team in recent history that drafts worse than the Bills.

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2009, 10:05 AM
SOS, but it alternates rounds.

So if the Bills draft before Oakland in round 1, Oakland drafts before Buffalo in round 2.

That happened with the Bills and 49ers this year. Had the Bills drafted ahead of San Fran in round 1, San Fran would have taken Byrd in round 2.

Beastie Bills
12-18-2009, 10:15 AM
TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

If two or more clubs are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tie breaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff clubs:

The Super Bowl winner is last and the Super Bowl loser next-to-last.
Any non-Super Bowl playoff club involved in a tie moves down in drafting priority within its tied segment as follows:
For a loss inthe Wild-Card playoffs, a plus factor of one-half.
For participation, win or lose, in the Divisional Playoffs, a plus factor of one.
For a loss in the conference championship Game, a plus factor of one.
Clubs with the best won-lost-tied records after these steps are applied will drop to their appropriate spots at the bottom of the tied segment. In no case will the above process move a club lower than the segmentin which it was initially tied.
Tied clubs will alternate priority throughout the 7 rounds of the draft. In case of a tie involving three or more teams, the club with priority in the first round will drop to the bottom of the tied segment in the second round and move its way back to the top of the segment in each succeeding round. If any ties cannot be broken by strength of schedule, the divisional or conference tie breakers, whichever are applicable, are applied. Any ties that still exist are broken by a coin flip.

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 11:13 AM
So I expect we'll either be 5th or 6th in the draft. I expect us to lose out and be tied with the Raiders at 5 wins. Hopefully the Redskins win and fall behind us.

yordad
12-18-2009, 11:21 AM
So I expect we'll either be 5th or 6th in the draft. I expect us to lose out and be tied with the Raiders at 5 wins. Hopefully the Redskins win and fall behind us.They will probably get our GM, our coach, and our QB. :ill:

The Jokeman
12-18-2009, 11:55 AM
They will probably get our GM, our coach, and our QB. :ill:
They'll go well with the DE/OLB we could have had this past draft.

baalworship
12-18-2009, 12:53 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

Looking ahead to this week our best chance of moving up in order if we lose is for Seattle to beat Tampa Bay.