PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Colts are undefeated going into the last week

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I want to see Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne.

RockStar36
12-18-2009, 08:44 AM
I hope so too. I'd love to see the Bills ruin the perfect season.

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2009, 08:47 AM
That too!

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Well you'll see Peyton for at least 1 drive.

He's got a consecutive starts streak.

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Well you'll see Peyton for at least 1 drive.

He's got a consecutive starts streak.
If they are undefeated they will probably go for it.

The Juice Is Loose
12-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Well, if Peyton drives them down for 1 or 2 quick scores that'd probably do the trick!

Then we're gonna give up 150 rushing yards to Mike Hart!

Michael82
12-18-2009, 09:04 AM
For the scalpers...it would make the tickets like GOLD! buy extras now while you still can for cheap. :$:

psubills62
12-18-2009, 09:16 AM
This is one of the few cases where I wouldn't mind losing too much, if the Colts were 15-0 going into this game. I would LOVE to see the Colts one-up the 2007 Patriots.

The Jokeman
12-18-2009, 10:31 AM
....and of course the ultimate story would be the undefeated Colts take on the undeafeated Saints in the Super Bowl and the game goes to OT....

trapezeus
12-18-2009, 11:19 AM
....and of course the ultimate story would be the undefeated Colts take on the undeafeated Saints in the Super Bowl and the game goes to OT....

exactly. it would be awesome if the commentators actually used that storyline and made how it's not a big deal to go undefeated unless you do it the full monty.

Although, i know they would never belittle the patriots amazing accomplishment for one season. Meanwhile they pretend like going to 4 straight superbowls means nothing.

God i hate the football commentating world.

Patrick76777
12-18-2009, 11:50 AM
exactly. it would be awesome if the commentators actually used that storyline and made how it's not a big deal to go undefeated unless you do it the full monty.

Although, i know they would never belittle the patriots amazing accomplishment for one season. Meanwhile they pretend like going to 4 straight superbowls means nothing.

God i hate the football commentating world.

Could they move it to Sunday night????

RockStar36
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM

The Bills/Colts?

Doubt it.

There are no SNF or MNF games even scheduled the last week of the year.

Michael82
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
yup. They adjusted the last week of the season and said that if the league finds a game that they feel will be a good matchup or basically just a game that will draw a lot of people...they can notify that city within 6 days that the game will be moved to Sunday night.

Michael82
12-18-2009, 12:06 PM
The Bills/Colts?

Doubt it.

There are no SNF or MNF games even scheduled the last week of the year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/310682-sunday-night-football-flex-scheduling-watch-and-playoff-watch-week-14

Week 17 start time changes could be decided on six days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
The NBC Sunday night time slot in “flex” weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (six days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
NFL schedules all games.
Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.
Rules NOT listed on NFL web site but pertinent to flex schedule selection: CBS and Fox each protect games in five out of six weeks, and could not protect any games Week 17 in 2007. Unless I find out otherwise, I’m assuming that’s still the case this year, especially with no tentative game listed Week 17. When looking up info on what the protected games might be, I found out that games were protected after Week FIVE this year, and presumably in some of the previous years. Previously all I knew was that games were protected after Week 4 the first year of flexible scheduling.

Michael82
12-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Basically...it depends on if all the other playoff spots are locked up or not. If they are...look for either the Saints or the Colts game to be moved up to Sunday Night.

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2009, 12:08 PM
That would be a nice tailgate!!

RockStar36
12-18-2009, 12:12 PM
So hypothetically, which game is better?

Indianapolis @ Buffalo
New Orleans @ Carolina

Michael82
12-18-2009, 12:14 PM
So hypothetically, which game is better?

Indianapolis @ Buffalo
New Orleans @ Carolina
Damn...I didn't realize it was New Orleans @ Carolina. That's a divisional game and may be John Fox's last game there. I could see that one getting bumped up.

RockStar36
12-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Damn...I didn't realize it was New Orleans @ Carolina. That's a divisional game and may be John Fox's last game there. I could see that one getting bumped up.

I would guess the Bills game is better, but I also have a homer view.

Carolina is boring as hell and even worse without Delhomme.

I wonder how much a drunken riled up crowd would factor in the decision. I'm thinking Carolina would be much more calm on national TV rather than Buffalo.

HAMMER
12-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Well, if Peyton drives them down for 1 or 2 quick scores that'd probably do the trick!

Then we're gonna give up 150 rushing yards to Mike Hart!

Truth hurts, Manning could put up 17 in the first quarter and their entire starting O could sit the rest of the game. Watching JAX and INDY last night made me long for an offense.

Mr. Pink
12-18-2009, 01:31 PM
If they are undefeated they will probably go for it.

Then he'll play a quarter and put up a 21-0 lead and go sit down.

Ingtar33
12-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Truth hurts, Manning could put up 17 in the first quarter and their entire starting O could sit the rest of the game. Watching JAX and INDY last night made me long for an offense.

Best QBing i've ever had the pleasure of watching right there. Manning is on another planet from the rest of the league right now.

mybills
12-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Last night's game was out there! I didn't make it till the end, :z: for the last part of the 4th, but 1 flag was thrown in 3 quarters? wasn't it zero punts, too? That was quite the game.

Novacane
12-18-2009, 05:07 PM
I would guess the Bills game is better, but I also have a homer view.

Carolina is boring as hell and even worse without Delhomme.

The Bills are boring as hell.

Philagape
12-18-2009, 05:09 PM
For the scalpers...it would make the tickets like GOLD! buy extras now while you still can for cheap. :$:

The Bills were literally giving them away a few weeks ago. I got a pair.

!Papacrunk!
12-19-2009, 12:10 AM
IMO if any team was to go undefeated I wouldn't mind if it was either the Colts or the Saints. I know he has his detractors but Peyton Manning is obviously one helluva qb--lucky to see a future first time ballot winning HOFer playing. The Colts sure have won a lot of close games, but no matter what they keep fighting.

It also seems to me that it would be another obvious item with the Saints coming back from previous hardships, freakin playing a "home game" that year in Giants stadium, and going undefeated.

I would've been sick if the Patties went undefeated that year, but either the above teams would be really be cool to see get the Lombardi.

VeggieMan14
12-19-2009, 11:09 AM
if we beat the pats we probably get the nod