PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Scott moved to lb..

k-oneputt
12-18-2009, 10:17 AM
He has been switched from a d-end to weakside lb. He will be a hybrid type player were he will also line up at d-end in some passing downs. He is 6'5" and 255 lbs.
Don't we have a guy like this who weighs about 230 lbs. and they refuse to try at lb ?

Pinkerton Security
12-18-2009, 10:31 AM
He has been switched from a d-end to weakside lb. He will be a hybrid type player were he will also line up at d-end in some passing downs. He is 6'5" and 255 lbs.
Don't we have a guy like this who weighs about 230 lbs. and they refuse to try at lb ?

i played against trevor scott in HS...funny thing is despite his size and strength everyone though he was a ***** haha...

DraftBoy
12-18-2009, 10:48 AM

Oakland also runs a 3-4 at times, which is when Scott will shift outside to LB. We don't.

k-oneputt
12-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Oakland also runs a 3-4 at times, which is when Scott will shift outside to LB. We don't.

Doesn't matter. He has a lber build and he should be at least tried as a weakside 4-3 lb. He's obviously to small and weak to holdup at d-end right now. Unless he plans on hitting a cycle of roids and adding 30 lbs of muscle.

DraftBoy
12-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Doesn't matter. He has a lber build and he should be at least tried as a weakside 4-3 lb. He's obviously to small and weak to holdup at d-end right now. Unless he plans on hitting a cycle of roids and adding 30 lbs of muscle.

Doesn't matter? Interesting...

k-oneputt
12-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, doesn't matter. They should at least try him at lb. If nothing else to get him on the field more. Last I looked our lbers are not exactly pro bowlers.

DraftBoy
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Yes, doesn't matter. They should at least try him at lb. If nothing else to get him on the field more. Last I looked our lbers are not exactly pro bowlers.

That was always my thoughts to. Make a guy learn a completely foreign position to him before he even has the basics down on his main position.

ddaryl
12-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Maybin had no business being drafted as a DE IMO...

but being the franchise of complete ******s we are we did exactly that.

DraftBoy
12-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Maybin had no business being drafted as a DE IMO...

but being the franchise of complete ******s we are we did exactly that.
He has no business in a 4-3, but that's where we are playing him and I dont think his skills translate well to 4-3 OLB so the move there, imo would be futile.

ddaryl
12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
He has no business in a 4-3, but that's where we are playing him and I dont think his skills translate well to 4-3 OLB so the move there, imo would be futile.

Well my counter argument is that his skills don't translate well to NFL DE.

We have had such a huge problem keeping LB;s healthy you have to believe that a #11 overall 1st rd pick that has the speed necessary should be capable fo being able ot make that transistion.

Now that doensn't mean he would necessarily be a great 4-3 OLB, but we're converting safties to LB's. I still have ot believe that based upon where the Bills drafted Maybin he had to be our best option at OLB, If not soon after we put Ellison/Mitchell on IR then soon after one of our other OLB's went down..

I personally think the present thought process that keeps Maynbin off the filed and not attempting ot get reps in at OLB is the same mentality that has kept us out of the playoffs for a decade and playing like a bad CFL team.