PDA

View Full Version : Ralph and the Offense

RockStar36
12-18-2009, 12:04 PM
…We’re hearing that Bills owner Ralph Wilson wants an offensive coordinator who will throw the ball down the field. Wilson still meets with the offensive coordinator every Friday to personally peruse the game plan.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rumor-Nation.html

trapezeus
12-18-2009, 12:11 PM
that's why ralph must like shanahan so much. even though he looks over the game plan each week, he washes his hands of the failures that it produces week in week out.

Beastie Bills
12-18-2009, 12:11 PM
For those of you who wonder why a big name coach won't want to come to Buffalo, does this clear it up for you?

Wilson still meets with the offensive coordinator every Friday to personally peruse the game plan.

Sad.

yordad
12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
For those of you who wonder why a big name coach won't want to come to Buffalo, does this clear it up for you?

Wilson still meets with the offensive coordinator every Friday to personally peruse the game plan.

Sad.Nope, sure doesn't.

RockStar36
12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
This news bugs me.

He needs to stay out of the game plan and let the coaches do their job.

That statement screams "meddling owner".

ddaryl
12-18-2009, 12:22 PM

Sad.

Yep, Ralph is the reason why we are doomed for more failure. He needs to completely remove himself from the team and all decision making...

but he won't and we will suffer

HAMMER
12-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Nope, sure doesn't.

You need a lobotomy BRUH!

Beastie is right, that's why no big name wants to come here. Ralph has been meddling for years. He has run good talent evaluators out of town (Polian, Butler). Nobody wants to be under his thumb because it compromises their ability to make proper personnel decisions. The NFL is a very small industry, people talk, reputations are well known.

yordad
12-18-2009, 12:43 PM
You need a lobotomy BRUH!

Beastie is right, that's why no big name wants to come here. Ralph has been meddling for years. He has run good talent evaluators out of town (Polian, Butler). Nobody wants to be under his thumb because it compromises their ability to make proper personnel decisions. The NFL is a very small industry, people talk, reputations are well known.Maybe he wants a big name so he can stop "meddling". :lightbulb:

RockStar36
12-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Maybe he wants a big name so he can stop "meddling". :lightbulb:

Yep, the lightbulb has gone off after 50 years of the same old thing.

Bill Cody
12-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Yep, the lightbulb has gone off after 50 years of the same old thing.

No it hasn't. And unless they have light bulbs inside coffins it never will.:blowup:

sdbillsfan2
12-18-2009, 12:54 PM

Sad.

And the reason the coaching job in Dallas (with the supreme meddler Jerry Jones ) is coveted would be ? Hell if I had a "business" worth more then 800 mil, I'd like to know what the game plan would be too! I don't buy it! Cheap in the past , maybe. but meddling being the reason , that's to much of a reach!

trapezeus
12-18-2009, 01:00 PM
i don't mind that he looks it over, but he shouldn't be dictating anything unless he sees something wildly off. like say a primarily checkdown offense.

If he is coming up with plays, then it's an issue. if the OC feels like he cant perform or is losing time to prepare players for this meaningless meeting, they should figure out a way to cut the meeting from a weekly basis to like 3 times a season.

yordad
12-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Yep, the lightbulb has gone off after 50 years of the same old thing.What? I think I can safely assume this is sarcasm, but are you ultimately agreeing this is the reason the Bills haven't landed big time coaches in the past?

bigbub2352
12-18-2009, 01:08 PM
RW scares the hell out of me

Bill Cody
12-18-2009, 01:14 PM
And the reason the coaching job in Dallas (with the supreme meddler Jerry Jones ) is coveted would be ? Hell if I had a "business" worth more then 800 mil, I'd like to know what the game plan would be too! I don't buy it! Cheap in the past , maybe. but meddling being the reason , that's to much of a reach!

Not really. Take Bill Parcells. He left NE because Bob Kraft was meddling. Notice Kraft learned his lesson? And he had no problems with JJ really because he got Jones to agree up front that he had final say. Would he have come to Buffalo to get low balled money wise and meddled with? I don't think so.

Beastie Bills
12-18-2009, 01:20 PM

The coaching job in Dallas is coveted?

Wow, they landed Wade Phillips. I'm impressed.

Parcells left because Jerry meddled.

But they can still land a big-name coach, because Jerry Jones will throw unlimited dollars at talent, so a big name coach will put up with his meddling ways.

Beastie Bills
12-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Nope, sure doesn't.

I'm not surprised.

yordad
12-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm not surprised.I'm not surprised you manage to see your own narrow point of view. There are dozens of scenarios/reasons, yet you only see this one? Most owners probably look over game plan. Your not surprised you logic is faulty.

Beastie Bills
12-18-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm not surprised you manage to see your own narrow point of view. There are dozens of scenarios/reasons, yet you only see this one? Most owners probably look over game plan. Your not surprised you logic is faulty.

Oh no, there are probably many reasons why a big-name coach would chose not to come to Buffalo.

1 - Money. Ralph has historically not paid very much money for coaches. He says that he is willing to change that this year. We'll have to see.

2 - No General Manager. A team run by a "marketing guy" is probably not a very attractive option.

3 - Available Talent - Buffalo historically has not gone after any coveted free agents. We were able to land T.O. because nobody else wanted him. If players have another option, they usually take it (Tinoisamoa, Coles and Bryant Johnson come to mind).

4 - Small Market - Less marketing dollars available, less national exposure = less endorsement deals (less money).

5 - Ego - Would you rather coach the Yankees or the Pittsburgh Pirates (hint: we are the Pirates).

6 - Unstable Ownership - Ralph will eventually pass on, and when he does, nobody knows what will happen to the team. A coach doesn't want to have a new Owner come onboard in two years.

7 - Ralph - A proven coach, with other options, won't want to deal with his meddling ways.

Oaf
12-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Gilbride? :shakeno:

Billz_fan
12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
We’re hearing that Bills owner Ralph Wilson wants an offensive coordinator who will throw the ball down the field.

The OC is gonna need to be the one to physically throw the ball down the field with the QB's we got :laughter: