PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan/Gruden/Redskins

Mudflap1
12-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Interesting. Peter King alludes to the fact that the whole Shanahan thing could be a smokescreen for Gruden. Also speculations about Fox and Weis in Buffalo, or Zimmer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/12/18/gameplan/1.html

Oldbillsfan
12-18-2009, 03:17 PM
He's actually wrong, the Bucs won their SB with McKay at GM. If I read that right? Gruden should stay in the booth.

Forward_Lateral
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
I could live with John Fox as H.C. Weis as O.C. would be fine, as long as he's not head coach. Hell, bring Crennell in to run the D too.

SquishDaFish
12-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I would love Fox with Weiss that would be nice. Bring in a good DC and we will be good.

trapezeus
12-18-2009, 03:39 PM
I could live with John Fox as H.C. Weis as O.C. would be fine, as long as he's not head coach. Hell, bring Crennell in to run the D too.

Crennel and Weis? that means we need to hire a camera guy to make the schemes work. Will that hire blow out ralphie's budget?

Billz_fan
12-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Interesting. Peter King alludes to the fact that the whole Shanahan thing could be a smokescreen for Gruden. Also speculations about Fox and Weis in Buffalo, or Zimmer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/12/18/gameplan/1.html

I would take Don Zimmer over these guys.

Demon
12-18-2009, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't mind Fox as head coach at all. In fact, i wouldn't mind Zimmer either. And I'm very against Weis as HC but not as coordinator. That would be genius for the Bills to get him back as a OC.

However, i don't think Fox is getting fired in Carolina.

trapezeus
12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
bills had gilbride, now a superbowl winner, and williams, a potential superbowl winner this year with the saints as OC and head coach. didn't work. i wonder if that had anything to do with the talent selection and owner that never seem to change.

Billz_fan
12-18-2009, 03:57 PM
bills had gilbride, now a superbowl winner, and williams, a potential superbowl winner this year with the saints as OC and head coach. didn't work. i wonder if that had anything to do with the talent selection and owner that never seem to change.

Oh man you better be carefull, I mentioned Gilbride winning a SB with the Giants awhile back and got slammed cus the Giants won with defense and Gilbride had nothing to do with the Giants success :laughter: You are correct imo opinion with the speculation of "lack of talent" having alot to do with things.

Jeff1220
12-18-2009, 08:51 PM
2,000. I think we'd all be surprised if he didn't make it.

3. Let Chad wear Henry's number, Commissioner. I'd love to see Roger Goodell make an exception to the NFL's steel-trap rules about uniforms. Let Chad Ochocinco wear Chris Henry's number 15, and after the game, let it be auctioned off on NFL.com with the proceeds going to college funds for the three surviving children of Henry.

Awesome idea!

Jeff1220
12-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Fox HC/Weiss DC would be okay. Fox has gotten the most out of his talent in Carolina imo. I'm skeptical on Weiss though.

paladin warrior
12-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Where is Brian Billick?

Demon
12-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Fox HC/Weiss DC would be okay. Fox has gotten the most out of his talent in Carolina imo. I'm skeptical on Weiss though.

Weis is an offensive minded coach.

Demon
12-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Where is Brian Billick?

Works for Fox Sports on Sundays and has his own show during the week on FSN called "Coach speak".

Ground Chuck
12-18-2009, 09:47 PM
I have no interest in Fox / Weis / or Crennel.

If we can't get Cowher / Shanahan / Gruden / Marty Schottenheimer / or even Billick, I'd rather have Frazier / Grimm / or Zimmer than Fox et. al.

Dicknoze69
12-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Schefter's latest take on the Shanahan/Gruden DC connection with regards to the Bills:

RT @ksmahieu: Story circulating in DC that Shanahan insisted on Allen as his GM in talks with Bills. True? ... 100 percent false.

RT @MarcusDBX: Don't count Jerry in Big D out just yet. There's some time for Shanny to shop. ... Who doesn't like choices?

paladin warrior
12-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Works for Fox Sports on Sundays and has his own show during the week on FSN called "Coach speak". AHH So that where is. Dang! I wish Bills hire him a New HC

Don't Panic
12-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Fox/Weiss is the best experienced/realistic option I've heard yet. If we don't want to go the coordinator route (Grimm, Frazier, Zimmer), this would be my first choice outside of the fantasy selections.

don137
12-19-2009, 08:31 AM
As someone that has season tickets to the Panthers I can not begin to explain how boring and conservative John Fox is as a head coach. People in Carolina are sick of his lull the fans to sleep kind of football. He is also too loyal to the older players and keeps them well passed their prime (i.e. Mushin Muhammed, Jake Delhomme, etc).
I would not be surprised if Carolina leads the league in fewest attempts of going for it on fourth down. In my three years as a season ticket holder I have yet to see one gadget trick play.
He is a decent coach and an upgrade to what we have had in Buffalo the past 10 years but just make sure your you drink plenty of caffeine before the game or else you will fall asleep. If the game will not put you to sleep his after the game press conference will do it.