PDA

View Full Version : Clayton on ESPN said nothing is imminent with Shanahan and the Skins

X-Era
12-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Said they have been talking for a long time (throughout the year), but Mike wants to wait and see the whole picture on openings (will wait until the season is over).

It was just on

Mudflap1
12-18-2009, 06:57 PM
If this is true, then Shanahan is waiting to see what happens in Dallas. Dallas probably offers the most complete roster out of any of the teams, and there is Jerry World and all of that.

X-Era
12-18-2009, 07:17 PM
If this is true, then Shanahan is waiting to see what happens in Dallas. Dallas probably offers the most complete roster out of any of the teams, and there is Jerry World and all of that.

Possible, although Jerry's an even bigger clown than Snyder.

I like that Shanahan appears to be waiting, so we can compete rather then him getting grabbed from under us before the season ends.

Jeff1220
12-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Possible, although Jerry's an even bigger clown than Snyder.

I like that Shanahan appears to be waiting, so we can compete rather then him getting grabbed from under us before the season ends.

But at least Jerry legitimately knows football. Snyder was a businessman by 20 and never played a down at any level. Who would you rather have asserting their opinion?

Buddo
12-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Clayton is so unreliable these days, that the 'skins will probably announce Shanahan has signed in the next hour or so... ;)
Now if Schefter had said it...... I'd be listening carefully.
I'm not saying that the scenario won't play out like that, and tbh, it would make the most sense, but I just don't think that Clayton has the sources that others have, and consequently treat what he says, with a good degree of scepticism.
He actually isn't as bad as Mort tbh, who has just about zero credibilty any more. If Mort had said it, it's probably time to bet that Shanahan had already signed with the 'skins.

X-Era
12-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Clayton is so unreliable these days, that the 'skins will probably announce Shanahan has signed in the next hour or so... ;)
Now if Schefter had said it...... I'd be listening carefully.
I'm not saying that the scenario won't play out like that, and tbh, it would make the most sense, but I just don't think that Clayton has the sources that others have, and consequently treat what he says, with a good degree of scepticism.
He actually isn't as bad as Mort tbh, who has just about zero credibilty any more. If Mort had said it, it's probably time to bet that Shanahan had already signed with the 'skins.
Schefters comments simply say he expects they will meet.

Thats future tense, not present, and implies there is no current planned meeting.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/6792847313

PECKERWOOD
12-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Actually, I'd rather have John Fox over Mike Shanahan. I'm really not sold on bringing him in, although, yeah, he is a solid choice, but would not be the best hire.

X-Era
12-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Actually, I'd rather have John Fox over Mike Shanahan. I'm really not sold on bringing him in, although, yeah, he is a solid choice, but would not be the best hire.

I think we are a longshot... but... my dream hire is not Shanahan, its Bill Cowher.