PDA

View Full Version : What if the Bills...

BillsWin
12-18-2009, 08:22 PM
hire DeCosta as GM.

Who hires Russ Grimm as a head coach.

Who brings in his own personnel.

And the draft goes as such.

1. Sam Bradford
2. Best available offensive tackle
3. Vince Oghobaase (DT from Duke, 6-6 305 lbs.) I believe he slips due to lack of production his senior year and luck. (Jay Ross is another DT I think might be there.)
4. Tony Cameron Sheffield (OLB (3-4) Troy)
5. BPA (3-4 DE, OT, OG, WR etc.)
6. BPA
7. BPA

I know this isn't a complete offseason post, I'll probably drown the boards in them later, but i wanted to get your opinions.

Some people want a big name coach, and LT in the first, but would you be happy with this?

Novacane
12-18-2009, 08:28 PM
I'd be ok with DeCosta and Grimm then I would lose faith in them for taking Bradford
as their first pick and think here we go again.

trapezeus
12-18-2009, 08:29 PM
i like the GM to assistants

i am not sold on taking a QB first. i think with a servicable interior line and butler coming back, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to take the LT and finally get solid, solid play out of them.

That kicks starts the running game and it lets a decent Qb manage a game. knowing our ability to find any player in the draft who is lights out awesome, we have a better chance to get a decent LT early than find a QB who can handle really crappy line play. Especially with our WR position not being great.....our run game is good. so let's build on that.

i'll say this though, if they take a QB early and jump back in for a LT early, i might be excited. but we have so many holes to fill. i'd hate to deal with losing picks.

paladin warrior
12-18-2009, 08:34 PM
What about Brian Billick Buffalo Bills New HC. Is that okay?

TigerJ
12-18-2009, 08:48 PM
My general approach, once a coach and GM are in place is to reserve judgment since I couldn't do anything to affect who those guys are in the first place. I'll sit back and watch with amusement as the board fills up with "we shoulda" threads. Russ Grim may be a competent coach. Bradford isn't Peyton Manning, but if Coach Sal's assessment is correct, he has a chance to come in and play pretty well early.

yordad
12-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Sign Karlos Dansby too.

kernowboy
12-19-2009, 05:26 AM
hire DeCosta as GM.

1. Sam Bradford
3. Vince Oghobaase (DT from Duke, 6-6 305 lbs.) I believe he slips due to lack of production his senior year and luck. (Jay Ross is another DT I think might be there.)
6. BPA
7. BPA

I know this isn't a complete offseason post, I'll probably drown the boards in them later, but i wanted to get your opinions.

Some people want a big name coach, and LT in the first, but would you be happy with this?

I'd go with DeCosta and Grimm and hope they'd bring is someone like Hue Jackson at OC and Peter Giunta at DC. I still think we can have a very effective 4-3 and its more mentality than personnel.

I'd like to see them look at DeMeco Ryans in FA, but if not Keith Bullock could bring some veteran leadership to the LB Corps.

In the draft, if we don't go QB in R1, then I think we may pass. As an OL coach, Grimm will demand a LT in R1 so:

R1 LT - Bruce Campbell.

We have an elite starting LT

On Day2, I think he'll look defence

R2 DT - Arthur Jones
R3 LB - Sean Lee

We have two starting calibre players who have slid because of injury

On the final day

R4 WR Naaman Roosevelt
R5 (from Detroit - Simpson) RB James Starks
R5 DL Corey Peters
R6 (from Eagles) QB Bill Stull or Chris Turner
R6 LE Greg Middleton
R7 FB Cory Jackson

Grimm uses a FB so we need to draft a young piledriver. We could use a predominantly 4-3 alignment but capable of switching to a 3-4 and Jones, Peters and Middleton are capable of playin in either.

Roosevelt is a underrated guy who plays in the cold and depending what happens to Owens, Reed or maybe even Johnson might be needed, whilst Starks gives us greater depth and maybe the option to move Lynch.

Finally we have a QB for Jackson to slowly develop

yordad
12-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Pretty sure I don't want to slowly develop a QB.

Don't Panic
12-19-2009, 07:46 AM
hire DeCosta as GM.

1. Sam Bradford

Love it up to here. I am still undecided on the 4-3/3-4 thing, but if we go with these 4 moves to start I would be happy.

kernowboy
12-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Pretty sure I don't want to slowly develop a QB.

i.e. not thrown in immediately but sit and learn like Brady did behind Bledsoe

T-Long
12-19-2009, 10:38 AM
hire DeCosta as GM.

1. Sam Bradford
6. BPA
7. BPA

Absolutely. I think this would be a best case scenario in my realistic opinion.

yordad
12-19-2009, 11:16 AM
i.e. not thrown in immediately but sit and learn like Brady did behind BledsoeI understand what you mean, however we have no pro bowler like Bledsoe on this roster. We have Fitz. I prefer the learn on the fly method. Manningesque.

Prov401
12-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Right now, unless a few QB's blow us away at the combine, which IMHO is unlikely, I want either Okung (most likely off the board), Cambell, or DT McCoy. In no particualr order.

I think Sam Bradford is not what Buffalo is looking for. What I mean by that is this. He is 215lbs, with shoulder concerns. As Jim Kelly stated before, in order to play in Buffalo, you've got to have a big time arm. I'll believe the only guy that has been successful at the QB position in this franchise, in regards to that statement. Bradford may turn out to be a good QB, but in Buffalo, I don't think he would flourish. That's why I believe this class is a weak one in Buffalo's point of view. I would of been on the Locker wagon had he came out because he's about 230lbs, and can sling it. But I truly don't see us taking a QB, and quite frankly, I'd be pissed if we did. We need help now, and that help wouldn't come this year if we draft a QB.