• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Sabres Jersey Switch

Swords are hard to find on professional sports teams' jerseys, and if a Howard Berger report is true, the Sabres aim to fix that next season.
    Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

D & S Sports

• DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Sabres Jersey Switch

For more than a year it has been said around town that they will switch back to the old logo jerseys full-time in the 2010-11 season. The slug could possibly be relegated to being 3rd, if not retired completely.

Howard Berger is kinda slow on the draw with this info, since none of the info is new, but I'm glad it sounds like they are still going forward with it (since it has been a long while since the original 'info leak'.
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-19-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

well...they are the Sabres....not the Buffalo Slugs. So it makes sense. I wonder if maybe the old 3rd jerseys with just the swords are going to make a comeback now....

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jan 2004

my friend who works at AL Ross Sport Screening in West Seneca

This was their plan all along guys,

unveil the after the lockout season then change back to the :oldskool: for the Sabres 40th Anniversary which was supposed to be this year but because of the lockout the Sabres will be celebrating they're 40th instead next season. Also My friend says that there might be an 40th anniversary patch on the shoulder of where the B with the Sabre (sword) is going through it now. He says that the home white jersey will be LIKE the ones that the Sabres wore in the winter classic.

there's talk of a new yellow or (gold) 3rd jersey in the works with the city name BUFFALO from left to right simular to what the Avalanche have on their 3rd jersey

I love the Avalanche third jerseys!
        Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 12-19-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Solid post by LW!
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

good i hope this is actually true!

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

DMB is right, though. This has been out for more than a year. Quinn stated this last year. The slug is supposely gone but how can you tell if Quinn lying? his lips are moving.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                my friend who works at AL Ross Sport Screening in West Seneca

This was their plan all along guys,

unveil the after the lockout season then change back to the :oldskool: for the Sabres 40th Anniversary which was supposed to be this year but because of the lockout the Sabres will be celebrating they're 40th instead next season. Also My friend says that there might be an 40th anniversary patch on the shoulder of where the B with the Sabre (sword) is going through it now. He says that the home white jersey will be LIKE the ones that the Sabres wore in the winter classic.

there's talk of a new yellow or (gold) 3rd jersey in the works with the city name BUFFALO from left to right simular to what the Avalanche have on their 3rd jersey

I love the Avalanche third jerseys!
                those Avs jersey's look just like one of the Thrashers jerseys...I was watching the other night and actually thought it was Atlanta.

And I am still waiting for a team to change their uni every 10 games and then maybe every night...how many unis do some of these teams have?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Good news because the Slug sucks, bad news because I'll need to fork over $100 for a new jersey.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Good news because the Slug sucks, bad news because I'll need to fork over $100 for a new jersey.
                    Not if you purchase one from China.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      Not if you purchase one from China.
                      I've considered that- how is the quality? Have you done it?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I've considered that- how is the quality? Have you done it?
                        Hit and miss. Jersey101.com has the best selection, as far as I know. I've ordered maybe 4 hockey jerseys from them. Three were very good - the 4th, a 2010 Winter Classic Boston Savard had the name stitched on the back very poorly. By very poorly I mean it wasn't stitched on anywhere close to straight, but rather at an angle. It looks like ****. Whoever in their sweatshop stitched it, needed to throw it in the reject bin (if there is won), but instead filled my order with it. I now use the jersey as one that I wear when I play hockey on Monday nights because I don't care if I get puck marks on it. Receiving that jersey has soured hockey jersey's from China for me. I'd have to think about it before ordering again.
                        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-20-2009, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                          Hit and miss. Jersey101.com has the best selection, as far as I know. I've ordered maybe 4 hockey jerseys from them. Three were very good - the 4th, a 2010 Winter Classic Boston Savard had the name stitched on the back very poorly. By very poorly I mean it wasn't stitched on anywhere close to straight, but rather at an angle. It looks like ****. Whoever in their sweatshop stitched it, needed to throw it in the reject bin (if there is won), but instead filled my order with it. I now use the jersey as one that I wear when I play hockey on Monday nights because I don't care if I get puck marks on it. Receiving that jersey has soured hockey jersey's from China for me. I'd have to think about it before ordering again.
                          I hope the slaves who made it got a good whipping!
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                            I hope the slaves who made it got a good whipping!
                            As far as I know, it's nearly impossible to give any feedback on the jerseys. Even if you get a complete POS jersey, what are you going to do about it? Fly to China, track the people down, and rub it in their nose until they give you a new one? You're screwed if the jersey is a lemon.

It's disappointing because as much as I hate the Bruins, I really like their Winter Classic jersey and Marc Savard is awesome. Oh well.
                            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-20-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jan 2004

I got an E-mail this morning from my friend

he says that if the Sabres do go through with the third yellow jersey it would look like the 9/11 jerseys that the Sabres wore against the Rangers in a special game at Madison Square Gardens.
                              The special jerseys were worn for just that one contest and auctioned off afterwards to raise money for The Twin Towers Fund to aid victims of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

the only difference would be it would be yellow (gold) with BUFFALO in blue outlined in silver diagonally across the chest. (this would not be the first time that Buffalo showed up on a Sabres jersey the red third jerseys had the city name on the bottom of the jersey)
                              Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 12-20-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X